Booster seat In back of FF | FerrariChat

Booster seat In back of FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Nov 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Hi everyone,

Did any of u ever put a booster seat in The back of the FF? Easy enough or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Nearly impossible- get the mb one that turns of the airbag off and use in the front. Its calles safelogic or something- ive posted about it. 700 bucks but it works

3. DavidRS4

DavidRS4 Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    I would try the Cybex Solution Z Fix Highback booster car seat. BuyBuyBaby has a 6 month return policy. Cybex makes a ferrari branded version of this seat as well but it is only sold in Europe. I am still on the Cybex Sirona M for mine. They are 2 years and the other is 2 months.

My understanding is the attachment for the Cybex Solution is very similar to the Sirona. Took me about 20 min to get it in correctly.

https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/product/cybex-trade-solution-z-fix-highback-booster-car-seat/5405057?skuId=68932558&&mrkgcl=611&mrkgadid=3026126302&enginename=google&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_carseats_online&product_id=68932558&product_channel=online&adtype=pla&adpos=1o4&creative=262606871671&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CjwKCAiA5JnuBRA-EiwA-0ggPVgbfwL0VrwaYKYM2SJkrDIM8uKPxxICszGA-Nqceu0PdCJLAxLQExoCdDkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

4. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    Subscribed. I will be in the same boat with a 2 and 3 year old. They better fit, or the car will become obsolete before I even find an FF.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Let me go through your post; I know u had warned me about the difficulty of it;) I do see the Isofix logo on the seat so must sort of work right?;)

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Any of u been able or seen this kind put on for smaller children in a car seat?[​IMG]

7. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
  8. rmfamily

rmfamily Rookie

Aug 6, 2017
    I used two car seats daily last year in our FF. This included daily drop off and pick up of two children under the age of six at school. It worked just fine! We use the Clek Foonf seats.

9. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Diono seat works well. There was another thread on this and this was one of the seats that worked for others (Italian baby seat for Italian car!) Image Unavailable, Please Login

I do notice that this seat has a very low base. My daughter is about 40 inches tall and I think she can barely see above the window line. I had read on other posts that perhaps some other booster seats that sit higher would be better for the younger kids so they can see something other than the back seat.

10. Natkingcolebasket69

But i guess one can not
    Put an actual car seat right? For 6-12 months old babies?

11. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Try one with a seat base. I am not a FF owner but in my experience seat bases make the installation of baby seats 100% easier.

12. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Do the lower sections of the back of the seats come out like the Lusso? That makes it a cinch....

13. chris0315

chris0315 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Richmond, VA + Düsseldorf, Germany
    Full Name:
    Christoph
    guys,
    it seems like I have the right crowd together here... I'm on the fence to post-bone my Scud purchase for now due to invasion of a little one in our household.

How practical is the FF with a newborn? I'm not talking about replacing the wifes SUV, I'm talking about occasionally driving to kido to daycare and stuff like that.

Thanks!

14. jac

jac Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Full Name:
    jack cohen
  15. Natkingcolebasket69

16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  17. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    For occasional use it will be perfectly fine. Not as practical as a SUV of course because of 2 doors only. But it is doable. You might want to check if your car pram will fit in the boot though. I can imagine that some models wont.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    my kids hated the back seat as toddlers and still hate it as preteens. 2 of then get nauseous every time we take it. they literally prefer the backseat of the abarth.

19. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    You won’t have any seat time in the scud with a baby as you’ll be concerned about getting into a head on accident with no engine in the font of the car. Though it’s kind of cool to drive your baby in a scud, that concern was always at the front of my mind.

I got the FF specially so I could have the fcar experience while raising my daughter. I know, it sounds selfish, and it is if you really think about it.

FF experience is for the driver, not the baby/back passenger. My 3.5 year old (not as big as the kids in the pic/videos shared by others) prefers the suv backseat because she can actually see what’s going on outside. In the FF, I have no idea what she can actually see.

I’m not sure my daughter will remember or care about being in the back seat of the FF growing up. But at least I can kind of share the fcar experience with the family.

I haven’t driven the scud since I got the FF. Easiest decision for a new parent. And congratulations as well!

20. jay910

jay910 Rookie

Mar 4, 2010
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Alan
    With baby, I would recommend car with more convenience features. The magnetic hinge and soft closing door in the B7 saved us numbers of occasion while baby was or about to go to sleep. Trust me, you don’t want the cranky little one wakes up so soon fully recharged...

21. DavidRS4

DavidRS4 Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    My 2 year (30 month) old loves the FF. She always asks to go in it instead of my wife's GLS. With the cybex seat she can see out of the side window. She also likes lookup up through the pano roof. Although I think she likes the ride/sound more the any view. She started asking me to run (go faster) and taught her to say accelerate. Only problem now is that she keeps asking me to accelerate even when I reach a speed that doesn't quite match the one on the speed limit signs :)

We have an uppababy mesa seat and just tried it in the back of the FF. Unless you don't have a passenger or the passenger is very short it would not fit. Babies are all supposed to be rear facing until 22lbs and rear facing for most seats will not fit.

I also got this to go under the car seat:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NAB5V3G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

22. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    What are their views about the 612?

23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Same. Prob even less space.

[gTr] and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.