Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 117 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. David Richardson

Mar 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    David R
    I was told by my dealer last week that my car should start production this week and be finished mid Feb....deliver 4-6 weeks later...

2. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    That’s great man. Congratulations!

3. David Richardson

Mar 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    David R
    Thanks !
    I’ve been without my 458 for a few months...so I cannot wait!

4. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    That's a sharp spec and I'm seeing it pop up in many places-possibly red calipers

5. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    I do

6. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    so your order status is Red 10 or better?

7. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
  8. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
  9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I saw an F8 today in the flesh and it was pretty underwhelming. I didnt even care to drive it. Maybe it would look better lowered and with some better wheels but overall it looks OK, nothing special.
    I am hesitant to say this as I don't want to insult anyones choice - just not my style but I saw an F8 today in the flesh and it was underwhelming. I didnt even care to drive it. Maybe it would look better lowered and with some better wheels but overall it looks OK, nothing special. I would buy a 488 and save the money, I certainly would not trade a 488 for an F8.

From an aesthetics perspective it doesn't come close to the Pista, its not even in the same ball park.

10. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Sounds like the HP offers everything Coincid desires in a car. He bought 2 of them.

Hope he doesnt live to regret trading it in for a F8.

11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Maybe he needs some extra headroom as HP is unfortunately very short in that area.

IMHO F8 looks to be a much better car than a Perf, and I'm sure it drives a lot better too, just sounds way way too "soft" for a 700hp super car. That is definitely a big problem he may struggle with for sure.

12. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Aesthetics are very subjective. I happen to think the F8 is a beautiful car. Not as exciting as the Pista , especially from behind. But I do appreciate the concern expressed for me.

stavura likes this.
  13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    It looks OK, just not as good as I hoped once I saw it in person. The wheels are awful and it sits super high which doesn't help. The lines are OK but IMO not much better than the 488 just different. Perhaps if it is setup the right way it will come into its own.

14. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Because all the other Ferrari’s sit so low? :rolleyes:

jm2 likes this.
  15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Most cars in the US sit a bit higher than their euro counterparts but this one seemed even higher. It's an easy enough fix so not a huge deal. The overall design is OK, I was hoping for something more awe inspiring.

16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I too am not found of the wheels so I opted for the standard wheel in matte Grigio. The dealer also offers to lower the car by 1” when it arrives.

Disappointed that Gh did not even take it for a drive simply for edification purposes and provide some insight into differentiating it from the Pista.

17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

I can drive it this week if I want - heck I can probably drive it today. I just dont want to give them false hope that I am interested.

18. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Then again, you might well be interested AFTER you drive it...

Coincid and willcrook like this.
  19. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    When the F8 was first introduced I was not a fan of the forged wheels when I first saw pictures of the car. I was lucky enough to see an F8 in-person in late July with the silver painted forged wheels and they really looked so much better in person. I saw and drove an F8 a few weeks back and it had the silver-painted forged wheels and now I feel strongly that they are the perfect wheel for the car.

From the side view, the F8 doesn't look much different than a 488 which is why I think one should consider going with the optional wheel on the F8 to help differentiate it from the 488 even more. Just my 2 cents :)

jm2 likes this.
  20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Unlikely having a Pista but I can give you a comparison. I'm bet it drives great though.

21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    You absolutely should drive the F8 as you will be the first here to conduct a comparison to the Pista. Hopefully you will be able to remain objective which may be difficult in view of the fact that you spent a great deal more purchasing the Pista. I would greatly appreciate if you could focus on their respective driving dynamics both on an objective and subjective level. Not necessary to describe the interior design or
    which car is more aesthetically pleasing. Looking forward to your comments and evaluation.

22. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I doubt there is much difference between F8 and Pista unless you are on a track, even there the F8 is probably easier to handle unless you are giving it full beans driving to the absolute limit. which lets face it probably no one on this forum is going to do, leave that for actual racing.

MANDALAY and Dicecal like this.
  23. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    my friend, if you drive the car and YOU like it that’s all that matters. All the chatter here is pointless if that’s the case. Then again, if you drive it and don’t, no amount of opinions of others should convince you to flip your position.

Gh21631 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  24. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I agree 100%.

25. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    the Pista is not better looking than the F8 in my opinion. remove the stripes/ paint job and reputation; the F8 has better lines. The F8 Pista version would be the right evolution , this makes the current Pista owners nervous.

elmadi and MANDALAY like this.