488 - Right display screen | FerrariChat

488 Right display screen

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Garthbo, Nov 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Garthbo

Garthbo Rookie

Oct 2, 2018
    Manila, Philippines
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Hi All. Drove my 488 spider this morning after two weeks of hibernation (always kept plugged in the battery tender). Noticed that the right display screen kept changing every 5-10 seconds (from speedometer, radio, to the startup message). I can control the screen with the buttons but only for a limited time as the display changes after a few seconds.

Did a battery reset twice to check if this will solve the problem; unfortunately right screen still changes. Any idea what may be causing this and if there’s any way to fix it myself? Got my 488 late 2017 as a 2018 model and haven’t changed the battery yet. Could it be battery related?

I live in the Philippines and have no dealer warranty as my car is imported from Europe. Hope there’s a simple fix for this problem. Thanks.

2. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I would replace the battery. It may or may be correct the problem, but it's going to fair sooner rather than later anyway.

3. Garthbo

Garthbo Rookie

Oct 2, 2018
    Manila, Philippines
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Yes, I think a new battery is in order. Getting a Varta here for about $400 and will try to install it myself this weekend. Hopefully, a new battery will resolve my TFT screen issue.

Thanks!

4. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I programmed my 458 so that the speedo is on the left. So all the car info is on the left. All the infotainment and navigation is on the right.

Don’t know if this is doable on the 488.

5. MARCOS FIGUEROA

Oct 23, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    marcos figueroa
    I am unable to get the digital analog speedometer to show on the right screen. All I have is the digital speedo on the left screen. Any advice?

OK 488 likes this.
  6. FPFaeth

FPFaeth Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Frank Faeth
    On my 2018, speedo is on the left, along with all the other data. On the right are media and the nav. Just came that way.

7. JohnTz

JohnTz Karting

Jun 21, 2018
    Inverness, IL
    Full Name:
    John Tz
    Some of this is configurable for the screens. It’s in the setup menu. Not intuitive but the owners manual helps.

8. pdxjim488

pdxjim488 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2018
    Hope a new battery works for you. Not having my manual in front of me, but the speed display can be ,moved to the right TFT. Think it is a long push on the center button of the right TFT.

9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    100% can display speedo on right

I switched mine to left better that way

Reason remember cars are sold both left and right hand drive
    I would be careless and costly to have 2 different versions

10. MARCOS FIGUEROA

Oct 23, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    marcos figueroa
    Read the owners manual last night. Amazing the kinds of information it contains! LOL

11. Garthbo

Garthbo Rookie

Oct 2, 2018
    Manila, Philippines
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Update: Just finished installing a new car battery. Took me 4 hours to do the task. Could be quicker if I had better tools.

So far right TFT display is back to normal. No more changing screens every few seconds. Noticed car is also performing much better. Appreciate all the replies.

Thanks!

Viperjoe likes this.
  12. TX458

TX458 Rookie

Jul 30, 2016
    Dallas

13. Alen good

Alen good Rookie

Dec 17, 2023
    Denver Colorado
    Full Name:
    Alen
    Hello everyone, I have a 2018 Frrrari spider just bought last year and since I bought it I’m having the same problem, my radio shuts off by its self, while I’m drive but every time I stop the car the radio turn on normal, I did change the battery and I did the reset on the battery as well , but nothing changed, I also took it to the dealership and got it diagnosed, saying that the cluster is bad which it doesn’t make sense to me, and sometimes the right screen switch to the speed odometer by it self.Any help with that please, dealer wanna charge me 11k to change the whole cluster assembly. Please help

14. Snapshift

Snapshift Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2020
    Centralia IL
    Full Name:
    Lyle D. Pahnke
    #14 Snapshift, Dec 17, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2023
    020147 likes this.