Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 118 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I have stated this previously. The only opinion that matters is mine. However, it could be interesting to get an opinion from one who has a Pista and his comparison of the driving dynamics to the F8. Ultimately the decision will be mine and I am not subject to influence from others.

2. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I like both cars, actually I like most Ferrari cars. The F8 is a better fit for me because I like to have a full leather interior, Hi Fi stereo and something that is more comfortable for daily use if I desire to drive it that much. That being said, what I find strange is how people go out of their way to hate on the F8 on F8 threads... I just don’t get the mentality there.

elmadi, perrinnation, stavura and 2 others like this.
  3. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    It happens every time there’s a model change

4. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    its like the film vs digital image camera debate. they will come around, most of them anyways ;)

5. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I was in a camera shop the other day and they still sell rolls of film! I had no idea!

Jcmd likes this.
  6. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    if it ( star)was the standard wheel, most every one would pick it over the other offerings. For me it looks fresh( the designer has a point to convey).. take your interpretation.

7. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    like LP vinyls.( "Sounds better"---drift

8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    1) If you are happy with the F8 looks then that's all that matters, it does nothing for me.
    2) There will NOT be an F8 Pista but it is OK to dream. If there was I would be happy to order one.

9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Tonight I am heading to the official unveiling at the Italian Ambassadors home. There will be many of my close Ferrari owner friends so I will be curious to hear what they think. These guys have and had many cars from all brands like myself so we will have an unbiased discussion. I will setup a drive and let you know my thoughts but I do have a suspicion that it will drive very well and be the better everyday road car vs. that special, more raw track version.

10. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    2020 goals, become friends with GH.

Gh21631 likes this.
  11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    For daily use the 488 or F8 are a much better choice IMO.

I haven't seen a single person hate on the F8 but some who have ordered it seem pretty sensitive. Some like it, some don't. All that matters is what the buyer thinks.

12. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    i dont undetstand why one would buy a track car Pista when you mainly use it for the street unless of course for flipping , then its a better choice,

13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I agree which is why I really like the McLarens. The Pista is just awesome to rip around and personally I would love to track it but havent had the chance yet.

14. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I love the looks of both on the outside but I definitely like the newer interior on the F8!

Plus I can’t afford a Pista LOL.

15. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #2940 Shadowfax, Nov 20, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Keep in mind 488 and F8 are very plain looking in stock standard trim. I recall first seeing a base 488 in the showroom and thought how plain and ordinary it was. Then I saw one all optioned up and it looked great - how it should have always looked in standard form!

I think you'll find that once some decent options are added F8 will get more of a special look about it. That said I would agree the newer styling of F8 is subjective insofar as whether the visual changes are actual improvements over the past model (488). Chances are if the F8 body was the first iteration and the 488 the latest then most likely we will be reading how like 488 looks better and vice versa.

It's also what we become used to looking at as well, and keep in mind we've all been looking at 488 for a few years now so anything different will often be viewed as better especially when it has more power. Power does funny things to peoples eyes. But in this case both versions look good!

16. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I drove the F8 today and I have a Pista and they are very different- it is not a baby Pista. Instead think of the F8 as an improved 488 GTB. The Pista is much more immediate and considerably more violent and even much faster feeling- despite what the numbers might tell you. The F8 is a wonderful supercar, very well done in all aspects even sound in the cabin! And its beautiful. But don’t be mistaken, the Pista is much more thrilling- as you would expect.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Bundy, stavura, of2worlds and 10 others like this.
  17. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I would have been surprised to have heard different, and also expect to find the same when I get the opportunity to drive F8 - after all F8 is the stated replacement for 488, not a Pista. Ferrari has been clear with this all along.

Bundy, of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  18. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    Half full or half empty. A track oriented car. 150K more thrilling. I could think of others things i would rather do with that money. But lucky to those who dont have to make that calculation.

19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    This is the kind of review I like to read. I am not surprised. The question remains : will the F8 be sufficiently exciting for me. Probably not.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  20. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #2945 Shadowfax, Nov 20, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    I can answer this - because the track versions are very DD'able nowadays and have a lot of creature comfort as well. So it reduces the need to stay with the road going versions which in most cases are becoming overly soft.....and dare I say too soft in all the wrong ways/areas.

It's getting to a point where you may as well buy a Bentley GT, as being a genuine alternative.

Bundy, of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    As coming out of a Perf I always thought you were dreaming.......but no harm in dreaming I guess.

22. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    750LT is what you’re waiting for.

23. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Except for the fact that the PISTA is a lot more than Some people can afford.

24. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Possible Envy?

David Richardson likes this.
  25. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    If I had the option for a Pista for sure would have taken it BUT don’t like carbon man made alcantara or even stripes
    Clearly not the car for me UNLESS it could have been specified that way and old say look weird compared to the other Pistas
    Hence why the F8 is a better option for me
    To me it the last non electric rear V8 and that’s why I specified the 488 GTB the way I did to Keep for ever
    Damn I see clearly the F8 improvements even though many see the 488GTB the same
    In the end it will be a dollar decision if I change

of2worlds likes this.