Vettel must NOT start 2020 in Ferrari | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Vettel must NOT start 2020 in Ferrari

Discussion in 'F1' started by 444sp, Nov 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Leclerc had no titles to his name when he joined, yet he's putting Vettel on notice...so...

trumpet77, kandi and william like this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Leclerc is doing what Ricciardo did after he joined Red Bull; DR took 3 GPs against Vettel none.
    Annoyed by that, Vettel went for Ferrari where no one questionned his form.
    They are only impressed by his 4 titles.

kandi likes this.
  3. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    to answer the question as to why the vettel replacement suggestions are mostly present f1 drivers.....its because f1 cars are now extremely complicated machines. it no longer suffices to be able to drive, pick a line, be brave in braking, have racecraft, etc etc, you also have to be able to remember all the stuff on your steering wheel, like brake balancing, hp adjustments, ecu mapping etc etc.

so for somebody to come in from the outside, he would have to spend most of the year getting up to speed - literally. and at least with a guy like George Russell, he knows how to do it, was a decent shoe in the lower ranks, and would probably refrain from trying to take out his teammate.

4. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    You forgot the 2 WDC for Ferrari that Vettel blew with his stupid antics, and the close to 175 points he has thrown away in 3 seasons. The only thing he has proven at Ferrari is that he is a chronic failure.

Red Rocket, DF1, 375+ and 2 others like this.
  5. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    As much as I thought he would be the "answer" after the win in Melbourne years ago, I have to surrender and agree with your statement, sadly.
    However, I do see a very bright star in Charles and have every faith with Vettel gone he will thrive and win for the team.

DF1, 375+ and william like this.
  6. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Nico Rosberg.

7. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Now there are simulators with no time limit to learn the complexity of modern F1, and even experienced drivers still need in some instance a bit of coaching on the radio to know which button to press during a race. I think someone who concentrates can learn most of this stuff rather quickly. Now even F2 cars have some complexity too.

8. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Lol...fair enough.

trumpet77 likes this.
  9. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    As much as I like leclerc, I think he still has a long way to go to prove himself.

10. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Alternatively, could the problem be within Ferrari itself?
    it’s easy to say “everyone else is crazy”...but at some point you have to look in the mirror and wonder if you’re the crazy one.

it’s a fun idea to groom a nobody into a champion, but it rarely works, unless your name is Danica Patrick...oh wait....:)
    I’m also reminded of the time the New York Islanders tried putting a sumo wrestler as their goalie (hockey) or NBA teams pulling giant tribesmen out of Africa and teaching them basketball....it’s usually disastrous, compared to a “pedigreed” athlete, for example, the offspring of a former professional athlete. A crash course is rarely as effective as growing up with it.

But I agree, getting a WDC or any other “star” on the downturn of their career is a bad plan.thats why I’m so down on Daniel when his fanboys chirp, which gets their blood boiling ...Im not writing him off yet, but I need to see some sort of rebound from him before I’m a believer. It’s too easy to say “he just needs one of the best cars available...” as that would apply to 15 of the current drivers.

11. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Back to vettel, I still think he’s very skilled. I think he could be the number 1 driver IF he didn’t worry so much about being treated like one. Unfortunately, I don’t think that’s likely to change. Maybe with the legalization of cannabis, he’ll find the inner peace he needs ;)
    I actually wish they could do a half-personality swap between Sebs competitiveness and Daniels chill/relaxed state. They could each use a bit of each other’s.

Charles is wired differently from almost all the other drivers. He’s serious and disciplined, almost robotic, esp for his age, like he’s been to racing-war. He reminds me of Pete Sampras. Sometimes you wish they would seem like they were actually enjoying what they were doing and bask in the moment of all they’re opportunities.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Don't you think Red Bull has been doing rather well promoting young drivers from the feeding series to give them a seat in their 2 F1 teams?
    Of course there were casualties along the way, but Vettel, Ricciardo, Sainz, and few more came from their "staircase of talents" (to quote Jackie Stewart).
    I think there is more merit to do it this way than just relying on the check book to poach successful drivers from other teams.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    He reminds me a lot of Alain Prost in that respect.

14. Mark N.

Mark N. Rookie

Sep 20, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mark Naccarato
    I think they should let Vettle go bring in Ricciardo and let's see what these guys can do! lets be honest Vettle gave the championship away last year because of stupid mistakes!

jmillard308 and william like this.
  15. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    It was a racing incident where two drivers (who happened to be on the same team) hit one another. Even being a Ferrari fan I think it is great.

Nuvolari and pilotoCS like this.
  16. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I don't know about great, but for sure, a racing incident as the stewards later ruled. To me the bigger question is the fragility of the cars.

17. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 have you noticed that the Mercedes seem to survive contact without catastrophic damage?

I'm 360 Canuck and pilotoCS like this.
  18. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    The way Charles and Vettel touched I wonder if a negative or positive pressure was created in that moment that caused the failures?
    It looked both wheels hit rim to rim, a perfect storm to create a pressure negative or positive to create the failure??

19. ChairmanJohn

ChairmanJohn Rookie

Mar 5, 2013
    Bucks UK
    Vettel needs to accept that he is now not the mega star and simply retire before he loses the status he deserves. Bow out gracefully Seb.

william likes this.
  20. Alex308qv

Alex308qv Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    PA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Trying to understand why so much damage. At 150 mph, the 26" diameter tires are spinning at about 2,000 RPM. If tires bump when cars are side by side going the same speed, there would be little to no friction generated between the tire sidewalls. But in this case, it appears the front of Vettel's LR tire contacted the rear of Leclerc's RF tire. At that point the tire rotational vectors are opposed, and there is instant sidewall friction equivalent to one tire being pressed and rotating against the other at 4,000 rpm. Someone could calculate the heat generated and if it's enough to cause tire failure. My guess is it is, and that's why both tires were blown, as they would have experienced equal friction/heat buildup. It seems Leclerc's suspension failure came after the blow out, perhaps from the rim striking the ground.

Just some armchair musings...

I'm 360 Canuck, MalcQV and jcurry like this.
  21. Marcopolo3382

Marcopolo3382 Karting

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Marco Daniele
    It’s been mentioned that Ricciardo is waiting for the opening at Ferrari. I believe he is talented enough to shine with a good car. I always believed his move to Renault was a mistake and it showed in his results this year.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

william likes this.
  22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Daniel Ricciardo must have decided to leave Red Bull in a fit of pique.
    He was definitely sidelined in the team by the trio Marko-Horner-Verstappen.
    Also, Renault made a financial offer he couldn't refused, $30M ?
    But all hopes of improvement at Renault soon vanished, and yes, the move has turned to be a dreadful mistake.
    I believe he had made contact with McLaren at the time, and with insight, that would have been a safer bet.
    I think Ricciardo could fit at Ferrari, and be accepted by the tifosi too perhaps.

jmillard308 and Marcopolo3382 like this.
  23. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    #173 DeSoto, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Well, it´s not so easy. Vettel already has lost his status and now he´s trying to recover some of it. There is no way back for him or he will be remebered just as "that guy who was lucky to be in the right car at the right time".

So I can understand why he´s so desperate.

24. Krisatcruz

Krisatcruz Rookie

Apr 15, 2017
    Maybe waiting for Hamilton?

25. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    Ricci is a looser as Hulk is... Some talent for sure, not more.