2010 F1 car at Ferrari of Atlanta | FerrariChat

2010 F1 car at Ferrari of Atlanta

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Nov 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Ferrari of Atlanta has a guest this week: an example of the Ferrari F10 raced by the Scuderia in 2010. That was Fernando Alonso's first year with the team, and he narrowly lost the World Championship to Sebastian Vettel in the Red Bull (his first title), by four points.

This car is apparently making its way around the country; I found a couple of photos of the car on display elsewhere in 2018. Interestingly, the car looks different in those photos because FNA updates the sponsor stickers every year to match the current F1 cars. Thus, the car looks quite different than it did in 2010, when it (like the entire field) used Bridgestone tires.

According to Will Campbell, the car will be on display at FoA through December 2nd, so if you want to see an example of fairly recent F1 technology, head on over to Roswell! Incidentally, the original car had a 2.4 liter V-8, but the car currently has no engine in it (awwww!!).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

ktu, tomc and Thomas Magnum like this.
  2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Here are a few more photos. Note the curvaceous body in the last pic. This was one of the sexier-looking F1 Ferraris since the 640/641/642/643 cars of the early '90s.

I brought with me my copy of Giorgio Piola's "Formula 1 Technical Analysis 2010-2011" to determine which F10 chassis this was. I was told that the plate inside the cockpit read "F-10 - 133" which didn't make sense, because Piola's book said the six cars built were numbered from 281-286. That makes sense because the somewhat older F1 cars that were at the Corse Clienti even here last year had chassis numbers in the low to mid 200s.

After comparing the car to the drawings Piola has showing the car's configuration at every 2010 Grand Prix, and reading the notes about regulation changes, I decided that it was probably the first car, 281, which was raced by Massa in the first four races only and then became the T-car. It has the early outboard mirror design that was outlawed from the fifth race (Spain) onward, and the forward-mounted exhausts that were moved aft at the ninth race (Europe), so it's clearly in early year configuration. That means that it wasn't a winner, since Alonso won one race in 283 (before wrecking it in Monaco) and four more in its replacement, 285.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc and Thomas Magnum like this.
  3. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Interesting the Mission Winnow livery on a 2010 car.

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    As I said, it's a 2010 car with 2019 sponsor stickers and tires!

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Thanks for the photos. Not sure what the 133 means...I wonder if it's really just a show car and not one of the actual F10s.

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I thought that as a possibility; another is that it might have been the number of the engine that had been in the car, since I know that Ferrari numbers the engines as well.

7. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Interesting. Do they also have the SF90 on display? When I was in Austin for F1, Ferrari of Austin had the SF90 and that same car on display.

Image Unavailable, Please Login