Vettel must NOT start 2020 in Ferrari | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Vettel must NOT start 2020 in Ferrari

Discussion in 'F1' started by 444sp, Nov 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcopolo3382

Marcopolo3382 Karting

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Marco Daniele
    I guess we will see what happens but I don’t think we’ll see a change till 2021 with the exception of Kubica leaving this year.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Exactly how loose is he/they?

furoni, stavura and 375+ like this.
  3. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    99 times out of 100 a contact like that is a total non issue and maybe not even seen. F1 cars touch all the time and most often much harder without problems. The incident between the Ferrari drivers was just one of those freak occurrences where the tiny bit of contact between the two cars loaded components in precisely the worst way creating an unusual amount of damage. I do not believe that the Ferrari is structurally in any way different to the other cars making it more fragile. Again just one of those things.

I'm 360 Canuck and Nembo1777 like this.
  4. Red Rocket

Red Rocket Karting

Aug 10, 2014
    It was an avoidable accident, like most of Vettel's mistakes. Vettel moved over on his teammate and CAUSED the accident. He has a legacy of bonehead moves. He HAS TO GO

fil and william like this.
  5. ferrari 4404

ferrari 4404 Rookie

Jun 15, 2014
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Kostas Liaskos
    Hamilton, Ricardo ,Kimi, Bottas, me ,you,
    everyone except Vettel He sits on his contract and drives the fastest car like he is hearing music Maybe he is afraid I think he has two kids I 'll try little Schumacher I can imagine the first race in Monza with a Schumacher in Scuderia 200000 fans

6. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    How much wins/podiums/WDC?
    Ok, wrong car and team. So is Ferrari the last for seasons.

7. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    99 times out of 100 such contact is at much lower speed. There is a difference, especially with respect to the theory posited.

8. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #183 johnk..., Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    When hasn't the problem been with Ferrari? When was the last WDC before Schumacher? Who's fault was that. What have they done since? Have they given their drivers the best cars? Do you remember the days of refueling and Ferraris leaving the pits with the fuel hose still engaged. Much as I love Ferrari, they have always been a complete F up as an F1 team. It always takes an outside to "fix" them. Schu, Lauda, ...... Their record in F1 is largely due to their being here since day 1.

But none of that has to do with Vettel's failures which are largely self inflicted.

9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

If I have to chose among losers, I"ll take Ricciardo any day against Hulkenerberg.

At least he has podiums, and even GP wins to his name, and he got the best of a 4-time WDC team mate !!!

jmillard308 and DF1 like this.
  10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Ricci shows us how un-amazing Vettel was in equal machinery. In close driving challenges Vettel is not even close to Ricci.

jmillard308, william and ingegnere like this.
  11. 308steve

308steve Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    "Rubbin is Racing " says Dale Vettel to Jr.LeClerc.

12. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
    What?

stavura and ingegnere like this.
  13. Red Rocket

Red Rocket Karting

Aug 10, 2014
    uhh no ...NASCAR racers have fenders; F1 racers can't go around leaning on each other

14. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Too loose, Lautrec.:D

william likes this.
  15. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I don’t see RIC at Ferrari. Ever. What would he do, be #2 to LEC? I would be surprised if Ferrari had any interest in him.

I'm 360 Canuck and crinoid like this.
  16. Marcopolo3382

Marcopolo3382 Karting

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Marco Daniele
    If you need any clarification just watch the footage of when he was at red bull and did the same thing to his teammate Mark Webber. I have a feeling that’s just Vettel. My number one team in F1 is Ferrari but I can’t stand Vettel.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Nembo1777 likes this.
  17. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
  18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Ricciardo is Number One at Renault, a not too brilliant team. I think he is in a rut and his talent is wasted there.
    Is that better than being Number 2 in a successful team ? I don't think so.
    Look at Bottas, he has, more or less, accepted to be Number 2 to Hamilton, and he rakes a few poles and wins every year.
    That's better for personal satisfaction, IMO.
    A return at Red Bull is unlikely, butI don't know if Mercedes or Ferrari are out of reach for Ricciardo in the distant future, like in 2021.
    Also, is there any certainty that Leclerc will still be at Ferrari at that time ?

19. RobertJRB

RobertJRB Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    Why would Ricciardo have to be #2 when transferring to Ferrari?
    Who says he’s the slower driver next to Leclerc.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met FerrariChat

DF1 likes this.
  20. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    Just look at this pic: Leclerc is looking to Vettels car right before him and is steering in this direction, just before the contact of both cars. Can anyone tell me, what the hell he's doing? Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    You have to watch the actual clip. He’s not steering into Vettel. That was a still of him briefly shaking the wheel.

trumpet77 likes this.
  22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I suppose Binotto would decide that.

RobertJRB likes this.
  23. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    It's easy to find one still image that supports your argument if you ignore the actual videos showcasing otherwise.

Nembo1777, DF1 and trumpet77 like this.
  24. Gordie B

Gordie B Rookie

Jan 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    Gordon Beers
    I tend to agree after watching the title slip away by mistakes made by Vettel the past few years. I thought I would never say this, but I think the perfect fit would be to get Max Verstappen. I think he’s matured and I like his aggressive way. As a Ferrari owner I can’t wait for the F1 races, but Coming up second every year is disappointing.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  25. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    We can play this game all day, so below is a screen shot with LEC "steering" LEFT right before the contact. I'm sticking with overall, VET moved left, from right on the edge of the track to at least a car's width farther left, which forced LEC to almost the blend line (pit out line). Whether or not the blend line comes into play if you want to totally do everything by the rules, well, I don't know, but man, just think if there had been a car exiting the pit right there.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Red Rocket and Nembo1777 like this.