Ford V Ferrari November 15 | FerrariChat

Ford V Ferrari November 15

Discussion in 'Florida' started by BartonWorkman, Oct 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    We’re talking about getting a group together to see the debut of the “Ford V Ferrari”
    movie Friday November 15.

The theatre that makes the most sense is the Regal Lincoln Road Miami Beach.
    If we get enough of a group together, the theatre may be able have a section reserved.
    Please let me know as we’re gauging interest.

Warning to Ferrari fans: It’s a good bet that Ferrari won’t be portrayed in a very good light
    so do come to the movie with an open mind and pass the word to anyone whom may be
    interested to attend.

PS: See everyone at Bal Harbour Shops Collector’s Weekend on Saturday!

BHW

2. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Looks like a go.. Met C Shelby years ago in Vegas prior to his unveiling of his "new" Cobra

3. bmcginn

bmcginn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    I saw it last night in Jupiter. It’s a spectacular movie and Damon and Bale are incredible. It’s not about Ferrari bashing, it’s more about American ingenuity.

4. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    sounds awesome can't wait to see it

5. greatscott73

greatscott73 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott
    Saw it Tuesday and completely enjoyed it. It takes lots of liberties with the true story, but its close enough not to really matter.

6. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Hallmark hall of fame goes racing..

greatscott73 likes this.
  7. greatscott73

greatscott73 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott
    It is rather strange how they rearranged known history for no apparent reason. I don't want to get into spoilers, but just keeping it a bit more "real" certainly wouldn't have hurt. Leo Beebe's family is probably out rounding up defamation lawyers, lol.

8. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Excellent and entertaining movie IMHO - Yes some liberties were taken but is a movie not a documentary - People I know that would not know Ken Miles if they woke up with him and would not know a GT40 from a Kia loved it as well as car/racing fans so I think it hit the mark. The director obviously grew up watching Le Mans (movie) - many of the racing scenes were reminiscent - Nice to see a real movie about real people and real events versus more space/fantasy idiocy - Cheers :)