I'll brag | FerrariChat

I'll brag

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Ky1e, Nov 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    #1 Ky1e, Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    Just won the Porsche Cup for 2019. This is the 50th year of the Porsche Cup set up by Ferdinand Porsche to honor the winningest Porsche driver worldwide (excluding porsche factory drivers). It tracks all drivers in all Pro Series worldwide and they weight the wins according to the Series (more for LeMans and WEC, BlancPain than IMSA, which is weighted more than Pirelli for example). First American to win in 17 years. Fly to Stuttgart and rec'd the trophy from the CEO in Dec at the Annual Porsche Gala of Champions. Bonus get a 2020 911 4CS (that I will likely upgrade to a 911GT2RS).

I dont deserve to be with the talented drivers on the list but I accumulated more points by doing a lot of races. I started racing by asking questions here on Ferrari Chat and then progressed to IMSA in 2017 then doing 3 full season Pro Series this year and finished the top Porsche in each series.

Proud to bring the Cup back to America!

trumpet77, zygomatic, LVP488 and 19 others like this.
  2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Maybe you can replace Vettel?o_O just keep in on the black stuff and dont crash into ur team mate.

Thecadster and Ky1e like this.
  3. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Congratulations Alan. You've come a long way in an incredibly short period of time. Well done.

Ky1e likes this.
  4. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    Thank you. Keep in mind I'm well aware of my limits and I'm just happy to be able to compete. The pro's around me are much more talented and experienced, and I was just able to do a lot of races. But all the same I got the most points, and I am content being able to hang. It's been a great dream come true. And yes it has been a long way to come form zero experience 3 1/2 years ago.

Nuvolari likes this.
  5. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
  6. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    Just awesome. Congratulations from all of us who appreciate the hard work to make it happen.

Ky1e likes this.
  7. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    Thx guys. (great pics too!)

Devilsolsi likes this.
  8. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Ahhh..yes you do deserve to be with the top drivers. Success means going the distance without wadding the car up. Success means not making rubbish of the gearbox or engine. Success means surviving the race without hurting yourself. You have done all this and maintained a competitive position thru the races to collect the needed points. Your championship is well deserved and was hard fought. Kudos to you for your outstanding efforts. Enjoy your success, you have indeed earned it and your rightful place at the top !

Congratulations !

Ky1e, tritone and Nuvolari like this.
  9. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    Congratulations! I root for your team any time I'm watching a race you participate in.

Ky1e likes this.
  10. kevin956

kevin956 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    Wow. Huge congrats. Make no apologies. That's very, very cool.

Ky1e and jcurry like this.
  11. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    I literally was on here a few years ago asking newbie questions to learn about racing like what kind of race suit do you get? What kind of car should I get? 3 years later, 6 race cars later (5 new GT4's), and 33 pro races just this year-- I went all in. It all started by doing a Chin track day at Sebring in my 458-- I was hooked. "you mean u can go as fast as you want? No restrictions? This is awesome!"

C50 and Thecadster like this.
  12. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Wow, what an accomplishment! Make sure we get to see the upgrade.

Ky1e likes this.
  13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
  14. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    The Volt colors would look awesome under the lights at Daytona...

Just sayin

:D

Ky1e likes this.
  15. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
  16. schao

schao Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    S Chao
    Congratulations, that achievement takes huge commitment of time, energy and resources! You've remained honest and humble, which in my book, makes you even more deserving. Taking some time off or what's next?

Ky1e and Thecadster like this.
  17. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    Full seasson in IMSA for 2020 Porsche/Trent Hindman as my co-driver. But will cut back and not do SRO Sprint nor Sprint X. I might try Stadium Super Trucks to try out-- it looks crazy and fun.

chrixxx, BigTex and Thecadster like this.
  18. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Your a Stud! Congrats.

Ky1e likes this.