Vettel must NOT start 2020 in Ferrari | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Vettel must NOT start 2020 in Ferrari

Discussion in 'F1' started by 444sp, Nov 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Correct but the earlier image showed Leclerc's actions AFTER your image yet still BEFORE contact showing steering lock towards Vettel's car.

2. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Vettel will not only race for Ferrari in 2020, he will do as well as Leclerc. Both will be hampered by the lack of strong management and talent in the team leadership. They will struggle to finish third in the points of both championships. If they couldn't do it this year, there is no reason to think they can/will do it next year. If you want to see what's wrong with modern Italian culture, visit the place. I was there in May and noted sadly that only about 15% of the cars I saw on the road were Italian made. They are dying as an industrial and manufacturing nation and culture. It is only a matter of time before Ferrari is bought by the Arabs or the Chinese. Time to go back to YouTube videos of the good old days.

I'm 360 Canuck and william like this.
  3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Well, you are right about the decline of the Italian auto industry being quite visible in the country; I already noticed a few years ago.

As for the 2020 F1 season, if they keep the same recipe, the Scuderia will get the same results as this year.
    Leclerc and Vettel are 4th and 5th in the WDC at the moment.

4. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Well, the Italian auto industry has become Italo-American-French.

And about Ferrari being bought by the Chinese, get used to the idea: in the future everything will be owned by the Chinese just like everything was owned by the Americans in the past century.

william likes this.
  5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I am no Vettel fan, but who could we replace him with for next year? It's obvious he's 'cracked' and something is wrong. Nothing personal, but it's obvious at this point he is just error prone.

I'm 360 Canuck and william like this.
  6. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Vettel will see out his contract at Ferrari. I doubt if replacing him is a subject of even casual discussion within the walls of Maranello.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  7. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    The results will suffer, and the morale will go down as a result of innaction.
    Wasting another year doing nothing about Vettel is a luxury Ferrari can't afford.

jcurry likes this.
  8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Like I said many times, they could look for a top F2 driver and promote him at the Scuderia.
    Look how Albon and Norris have been driving these year, their first in F1.

paulchua likes this.
  9. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I've often wondered this as well. Who do you have in mind though specifically? I personally can't think of anybody is out of contract (not saying there isn't one) - just interesting to see what driver you would like to see there.

10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    This made me laugh out loud. Thank you.

11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I like your realism.
    It's ironic that the capitalist West that preached mondialisation will fall victim of its own doctrine.
    A totalitarian state will ripe the benefit of 200 years of free enterprise, and we let it do it !.

12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Pretty much the overwhelming majority of folks know this was yet again, another Vettel error. From multiple professional analysts to Schumacher's son himself.

DF1 likes this.
  13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Like at the end of each F2 season there a 2019 champion, and a few good drivers who came through the ranks.
    This is where other teams look for when they want new blood.

paulchua likes this.
  14. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Because of how well Albon has been driving I can see problems ahead at RedBull. He has displayed some nice race craft and is now nearly as fast as Max. Will he be a good boy and heed instructions or challenge. I think Bottas had been around long enough that he realizes he will not get a shot as a #1 driver, so he drives fast when he can but yields to instructions. There is some real young talent this year that given the opportunity will take it to the front man much as CL as done.

william likes this.
  15. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Exactly.
    He torpedoed his career because he was too afraid of being #2 to Max.
    Soft.

paulchua likes this.
  16. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

LOL - Soft, was Vettel not showing up to fight Ricci again lol!

17. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula-one/50517427

Ferrari say they have "cleared the air" following the crash between Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc in the Brazilian Grand Prix.

The drivers were called to separate meetings with team boss Mattia Binotto at the Maranello factory in Italy.

A spokesperson said: "Since last Sunday, Mattia and the drivers have spoken every day, as they would normally do anyway."

"There was no official summit nor video conference," they added.

"The air is now fully cleared and we are focusing on Abu Dhabi."

The 2019 Formula 1 season finishes at Abu Dhabi's Yas Marina track on 1 December.

Ferrari would not elaborate on what had been discussed or the details of any agreement about how the two should race together in the future - or even whether they would be allowed to.

Earlier this week, Ferrari chairman John Elkann said he was "very angry" about the incident.

Elkann was speaking at an event to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Exor, a holding company with investments in a number of companies, including Fiat and Ferrari.

He said: "What happened made us understand how important Ferrari is.

"The drivers, however good they are, mustn't forget they are Ferrari drivers. Team work counts. The only thing that counts is that Ferrari wins.

"It has been an extraordinary season for the poles, but they have not been converted into victories."

That is a reference to the fact that Ferrari have taken eight pole positions in 20 races so far this year - seven for Leclerc and one for Vettel - while they have won only three grands prix.

Ferrari's season has been characterised by an ongoing tussle for supremacy between the drivers.

German driver Vettel, a four-time world champion, started the season with primacy in the team following the recruitment of Leclerc, who is in only his second season in F1.

But the Monegasque has had a more convincing season and, with one race remaining, is ahead of Vettel in terms of championship points, wins, pole positions and on their qualifying head-to-head and looks set to stay that way.

As their battle has intensified, both drivers have ignored team orders at various points in the season.

That leaves Binotto with a difficult decision as to how to handle them next year.

18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I don't see it like that. It"s just that when the Mateschitz-Marko-Horner gang gets behind a driver, they completely undermine the other.
    Mark Webber felt that when they supported Vettel, and he left. Remember the "multi 2.1" incidents.
    Then Vettel hit hard time in 2014 when Ricciardo scored his first wins to receive full attention. Vettel left.
    Ricciardo experienced the same when Verstappen became the golden boy, and he decided to leave too.
    I don't think Ricciardo was "afraid" of Max, but he didn't like the unfair treatment he received, and probably the bad atmosphere in the team that came with it.

jmillard308 and Nuvolari like this.
  19. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Your last sentence is interesting and no one mentions it
    It’s feasible that Leclerc could be a flight risk if they have another year like this one. He’s pretty frustrated. What if leclerc replaces Hamilton when his time is up?

william likes this.
  20. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I don’t see Albon as the ego type.
    Out of the 4 red bull drivers, Max has enough ego for the rest of them.
    Gasly has impressed me with how instead of being spurned, he’s harnessing his probable irritation into working harder to prove himself while others (#3) rely on the car as the excuse.
    Leclerc and Gasly on Ferrari?
    I’m cheering for him, met him a few times, really good kid.

21. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    They’re 2 of a kind, man. seems pretty obvious when you aren’t a fanboy.
    Vettel ran from Ric, and then Ric ran from Max.same thing.
    And now we see how vettel is trying to sabotage Charles. Which is exactly why I wouldn’t want another baby ego in Ric in the same situation.

Fragile egos are common in drivers.
    Ferrari needs another cold emotionless Terminator like Charles. Not fragile egos, or maniacs (like Max). Although max in a Ferrari would be fantastic entertainment.

TurboFreak650 likes this.
  22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Well, your last sentence is interesting too !!
    Yes, the frustration must be getting to Leclerc.
    We don't know if Hamilton will carry on after 2020, and I should think Toto Wolffe would consider Leclerc as replacement.
    He is already a proven winner, and he also has still many years ahead of him.

griffith500 and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I think the atmosphere at Red Bull was pretty bad for Gasly.
    He seems to like driving for Toro Rosso better, and Kvyat the same !!!
    That must tell you something ...

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I don't think that has nothing to do with fragile ego, but simply wanting to be treated fairly.
    The Red Bull management tends to put their weight behind one driver, and undermine the other, to the point of showing him the door.
    Horner and Marko are rather bullish about it; the Red Bull organisation considers drivers as consumables.
    If Albon was to look like a better prospect, in turn Max would become under threat.

Nuvolari likes this.
  25. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    If Ricciardo saw the team overtly committing itself to Max regardless of their actual performance, where is his upside in staying? What are his options? I don't know that he ran away as much as proactively extracted himself from the position Alonso was in at Mercedes, and we all know how that ended for Fernando.