Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 120 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Mines in good shape everywhere. Maybe mine was built on a Tuesday or Wednesday and not on a Monday morning or Friday afternoon.

Only problem so far is I'm getting outside pollution inside the car even with the recirc on. Somethings not right there.

MANDALAY and of2worlds like this.
  2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Regarding the interior the Pista has it's own minimalist style. The Pista will still sell completely so the interior changes are held back as part of the newness that the F8 represents. Chassis refinements and Pista power levels make the F8 an enticing choice at a more friendly price for those potential customers who for whatever reason could not order a Pista.

Bundy, Shadowfax, Caeruleus11 and 2 others like this.
  3. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I think every car in Sydney has the same issue right now. Was up the last couple of days and I can tell you Down town China had cleaner air :( With regards to recirculating air generally there is a wire and in this case motor driven might not be attached to the flap.

Shadowfax and of2worlds like this.
  4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The reviewer states that the F8 platform is even better than the Pista. I have no idea what he actually means by that statement. He also claims that the F8 coupe and spider completely revises the Pista and he is somewhat perturbed by that fact since he has not even taken delivery of his Pista Spider.

His comment about wanting to track the F8 and drive it constantly is the reason he is choosing the F8 coupe over the the F8 spider which he deems not as well suited to the track and constant driving. It is not a reference to the Pista at all.

5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The negativity directed at the F8 comes exclusively from 488 and Pista owners, both of whom have vested interests. With the introduction of the F8, the former are concerned about excessive depreciation of their cars and the latter must justify the significant added expenditure for their purchase, especially those who paid over MSRP.

anishka, MANDALAY, Jcmd and 5 others like this.
  6. Lovedriving

Lovedriving Karting

Jul 14, 2018
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Eric D'Amours
    #2981 Lovedriving, Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2021
    elmadi, stavura, bwshihtzu and 6 others like this.
  7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I will be there in spring for the test drive.

of2worlds likes this.
  8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    ....and we 458 owners just piss on all of ya!
    :D
    LOL...just kidding, couldn't resist.....

9. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    #2984 jim g, Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    Some of us were offered Scuds, Specials and Pistas(me) but passed. My wife absolutely hated my 360CS and I really wanted and prefer to have the newer model. Where I live the roads are atrocious and the last thing I want is a louder stiffer car that I could here cinders bouncing off of even clearer. I don't get to track my cars and prefer to have the newest model plus I saved around 80K. If I lived in a better climate with better roads and access to a track I might be in a Pista right now. The decision would be tough, I really like a little luxury with my sport. Which is better is simply a matter of what fills your wish list better unless you couldn't get an allocation and are settling, if that's the case wait for a used Pista.

buddyg, of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  10. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress

11. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  12. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Love this color on this car. Thanks for sharing

13. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Drove the F8 2 days ago and took a good look at it in the flesh. The test car was in CdF just like my 488 spider.
    Like: better looking overall although the dark color helps hide what I consider an overly busy rear end. But the car is sexier
    Like: the sound is better than my 488 spider and probably has to do with the tube to the cabin. Not a 458 by any means but good and without the drone of the 488 at constant rpms that can get annoying
    Like: the interior is more 812 like- a positive thing imho
    Like-drivetrain and suspension are better than the 488- improved throttle response and even more buttoned up on bumpy and twisty roads
    Dislike- the lexan rear window- tons of distortion- and in my opinion-a reason to wait for the spider(which I prefer anyway.)
    Dislike-the busy rear end except for the spoiler lip- it improves the side profile of the car tremendously
    Overall I’d say from my seat of the pants point of view the F8 is roughly 10-15% better car than the 488 it replaces
    Is it worth the upgrade from a 488?
    I’ll pass the comments about depreciation etc. That game was over long ago- FERRARI leaves no money on the table anymore- except for the occasional truly special limited cars and even then nothing is assured.
    When the spider comes out- definitely worth the upgrade for me. I’ll drive it like I stole it and smile for every depreciating mile

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

cpiguy, Bundy, Ash Patel and 5 others like this.
  14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Pista was sucking in pollution well before the state caught fire so hopefully it's just something simple like the wire your refer to. Will get it checked out soon.

MANDALAY and of2worlds like this.
  15. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Forget about F8 and Pista. The Tesla Cyber Truck is the one to buy.Can haul manure, be smashed with a hammer and won’t dent, the glass is bullet proof so long as you don’t throw a metal ball at the window and if you lack the sense of sight, it is a thing of beauty. And 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. A winner in every level.

16. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    This would look great with a black and red interior.

17. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thing of beauty?!?

18. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    If you lack the sense of sight. Meaning blind.

Ash Patel likes this.
  19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    ok, on the same page then!

Ash Patel likes this.
  20. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    That thing is so ugly! Looks like a bunch of 5 year olds designed it, outside of the Tesla sheeple I don’t see anyone buying it.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  21. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    OT but I love the Cybertruck, might be the first electric car that I order. Goes to show beauty in the eye of the beholder

of2worlds likes this.
  22. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Unless you run out of juice in the middle of the woods in a truck full of manure. No power outlets in the wilderness. Much to Tesla’s despair, sockets don’t grow on trees. Now that wouldn’t be a thing of beauty at all!

Kind regards,

Nuno.

23. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy