430 - Weird glitch unlocking f430 | FerrariChat

430 Weird glitch unlocking f430

Discussion in '360/430' started by cole328, Nov 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Morning guys… Looking for insight into a minor problem that just occurred.

2007F 430 spider. Keep it on a trickle charger in the garage, and it’s been sitting about five days. Locked. Maybe that’s my first problem, is when you guys leave your car is in your garage, do you leave them locked or unlocked?

Anyway, I went to the garage with the key fob to unlock the car...I pressed the button, the car unlocked and then a millisecond later locked again. I waited a few minutes, tried it again and it did the same thing briefly unlocked but before I could even pull the handle immediately locked again. After four or five times it finally worked and I was able to open the door.

Anyone experienced anything like that? Also, as I asked at the beginning if my car is in my house in eight enclosed garage, maybe I’m better off and safer just leaving it unlocked?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Bill ochrane

Bill ochrane Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Galveston, Texas
    Full Name:
    William Cochrane
    I experienced that on my passenger door.
    I used the ole gremlin fix.
    Disconnected (switched off) the battery for 10 minutes.
    Switched on.
    No more problems going on six months.

3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Regardless, the key will still open the door manually if nothing else works

ICULUKN likes this.
  4. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    I had this issue on my 360, and it was fixed by the dealer by adjusting the cable lock mechanism. Supposedly it might have been too tight and just snapped the lock back in place. There's some screws from what I've seen which can be rotated to get the right tightness to the cable.

5. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    OK thanks for the help guys. That was the first time it happened in 14 months of ownership. I’ll keep an eye on it, and if it persists, will have my tech look at it

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Easy to diy- just take the tray out of the door card and adjuster just inside