458 Bluetooth volume control | FerrariChat

458 Bluetooth volume control

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Agostinho, Nov 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017
    Does the 458 have separate volume control for Bluetooth? On my 458 there's a big difference between music levels and phone call levels. When I'm done with a call that's a moderate volume level, I get "phone call completed" screamed at me and the loud beep.

Any ideas on the phone volume adjustment levels to correct the problem? I didn't see anything in the menu?

2. triathgeek

triathgeek Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2010
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Same issue! Looking forward to the answer.

3. Nsd991

Nsd991 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2012
    Same issue here

4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    While on a phone call, try adjusting the volume on the phone- on older bluetooth setups this was possible.

5. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    My Bluetooth volume has a mind of its own. Sometimes while I’m streaming the music is at a perfect level but then the phone rings or Waze speaks and it’s all out max volume. I’ve tried everything.

6. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

It's not a phone setting, it's the 458's. When receiving a call a female voice announces "Incoming call" really loudly. Similarly, when ending a call the same female voice says "phone call completed" really loudly. Without touching the 458s volume, the female voice is much louder than when listening to the radio, CD or a phone call....The last thing I need is another woman yelling at me.

Surfah, Nsd991, bball16 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    HA! I know the feeling! I think there is a setting somewhere in the 458 menus where you can turn the voice notifications on or off- it won't make these things softer, but I think they can be turned off.

8. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

I would love to turn that annoying ***** off. LOL . Please let me know the menu layer steps if anyone knows.

9. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017
    I found a way to turn the voice volume down, but not off.

Here are the steps:

1. Turn your small music volume knob to a typical music level.
    2. Change the menu to radio.
    3. Click on Menu/Set-up button (different menu will appear)
    4. Hold down Menu/Set- button for 2-3 seconds (different menu will appear)
    5. Select "Voice Prompt Volume"
    6.Turn the large main menu knob to lower the voice prompt volume

It didn't remove her voice, but it lowered her voice volume level to an acceptable volume level.

10. stevdug

stevdug Karting

Feb 4, 2019
    Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Steve

I just did this and I think it is better. The odd part is the volume was set at 12 and could easily be turned up from there and when turning up the screen would display a numeric value and scale visual. Going down from 12 was odd in that originally I didn't think it would go lower because turning counter clockwise on the large knob didn't do anything; however with some fidgeting with both the small and large knobs I was able to get the numeric value to 5

Agostinho likes this.
  11. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017

I agree. It's an odd way to handle voice volume level.