Civic type R vs Gt350 | FerrariChat

Civic type R vs Gt350

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by boxerman, Nov 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Winter blues and dolldrums are setting in. I need somehtinn more disposable and more useable than the loti to really drive and enjoy regardless of season.

The type R seems my kind of car in terms of how it drives, but Im also a track rat so a Gt350 appeals, but then would I drive the Gt 350 through the winter, probably not.

Or is the type R really just a kids car. Or should I lease a Type R and buy a Gt350in summer or is it waste to have both.

I love my e46 M3 and planning on keeping it, so limiting miles to 2k per year.
    Im kinda done with more expensive cars simply because they offer little and are arguably less fun.

2. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I have not driven the GT350 but I have driven the type R twice, and I was not as impressed as the rest of the car world. It is a FWD and it feels like one (at least to me), and it looks ridiculous. Though I am not an Audi fan, a used RS4 would be my choice for a all year round beat the crap out of car, or maybe a 996TT (they are easily modified and you could go from AWD to RWD when need be.

3. Samuel Misrasi

Samuel Misrasi Karting

Jun 7, 2019
    Clinton, Utah
    Full Name:
    Samuel Misrasi
    The GT350 is well sorted. It feels European. It’s tight, firm, and very responsive. The power band is smooth and long, and pulls like an n/a Ferrari. The Recaro seats are fantastic. My only complaint would be the sound. It’s too raspy for me. I would suggest getting the R model. The carbon wheels and big wing are a big bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    The looks of the Type R would take that out of consideration for me..

Focus RS?

5. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    My today experience with servicing my daughters Hrv at honda leads me to believe that anything other than a cheap crapbox would be a frustration to service at Honda. I was trying to explain to them about the rattle in the CVT, but the service "advisor" does not have any idea what a cvt even is and you cant talk to a "tech", prretty pathetc. So how would honda deal with an actual performance car.
    Looking at the ford forums and GT350 forums specificaly, Ford seems to have very questionable Qc bot on mechanicals and even panel alignment.
    In all fairness my wife drives a mercedes and their service is on par with honda.

The only great service department I know of seems to be my local chevy, because they actualy know cars, and you can talk to a service person who has a clue, they can even do such things as balance tires properly, which seems to escape the rest. Maybe Ill just have to wait.