NEED RICHARD MILLE ADVISE ASAP....PLEASE | FerrariChat

NEED RICHARD MILLE ADVISE ASAP....PLEASE

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by ROMO, Nov 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    I have a unique opportunity to purchase a 2009 Richard Mille RM010 MBZ Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Limited Edition of 200 at a price of $40K from a dear friends Estate. This watch was created for VVIP's for the 1st F1 race in Dubai.

The RM is in excellent condition as I had my local watch expert check it out and attached is a picture. The only other RM like this which I saw after diligently searching the internet was on Chrono 24 and it's listed for almost $90K.

I can purchase this RM 010 for $40K with Papers but NO box. Is this a good deal in the opinion of the Richard Mille watch owners or others familiar with the brand? I own plenty of other watches but never a Richard Mille and would like to add the "right one" to my collection. The timeline for a decision is short as the Trustee is being pushed hard for an upcoming Auction in Dubai.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

JAM1 likes this.
  2. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I’d imagine lack of a complete set impacts value more on these as it would with a PP, ALS, etc. than lesser makers. I also believe titanium is less demanded than the precious metals are so this isn’t what some would consider a particularly strong example of a RM, but that is a personal choice.

Like you, I don’t own a RM. if you pass on this piece I’d buy it just to dip a toe into the brand. Hopefully you’ll let us know what decision you make one way or the other.

3. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    The important thing is to have Original Papers with it. Box is not a big problem.
    Titanium RM010 are the most appreciated on the market and the most interesting being very light.

That being said the price is too good to be true. When you find such good deals on a watch there's always something wrong ;)
    A regular RM010 can be sold to a reseller at a higher price and so I don't see why he is selling at this price ;)
    I'd be very careful my friend ;)

4. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO

Thank you for the cautious advice but in this case I knew the original owner who was a friend that passed away, and his Trustee, who also happens to be a friend is very trustworthy. The watch was given as a gift to 200 VVIP's for the Inaugural 2009 F1 Race in Abu Dhabi. The dial says MBZ instead of RM10 as this was a personal gift to these VVIP's by Mohammed Bin Zayed. Additionally, I had the watch checked by an authorized Rolex/PP/A. Lange & Sohne and it's still keeping time impeccably well. Cheers

5. Principissimo

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    If you are sure it is a very good deal ;)

3604u and Boomhauer like this.
  6. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

At $40K it is a steal. And I am not really a RM fan.

Boomhauer and ROMO like this.
  7. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I’ll buy it if you don’t and give you a profit. This is what I do for a living. Best ,Kirk.

Principissimo likes this.
  8. Principissimo

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    Are you in the watch business?

9. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Yes , I buy and sell estate jewelry. Same location 35 years.

Principissimo likes this.
  10. Principissimo

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    Interesting my friend ;)

Cigarzman likes this.
  11. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    It's a fantastic watch! Hope you pull the trigger Romo! :D

I am looking forward to the day when I can purchase my own RM watch. :)

3604u likes this.
  12. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Deal fell through! He decided to ask for more than I was willing to spend so it's not happening. Too bad!

13. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

How much more ?? Pm me please .

14. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Maybe let us know what price he is asking ? Maybe someone can give you a referral if the price is something we are willing to pay .

15. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Sorry to hear man.

Jump on it mate. :D

16. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    He's selling it for $57,500 now otherwise it will be in the Christie's Watch Auction in Dubai in the near future. He received a provisional quote for the watch from them at $47,500 to $67,500 which is why he was proposing $57,500 AFTER he told me $40K which kind of upset me, actually it PISSED me off. Haha

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  17. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I think 57,500 is fair to the end user as it’s 45k -50k wholesale that I would pay . Believe it or not the no box is -5k. Best , Kirk.

18. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Yup, I’d buy it!
    Buy it, then sell it to me for $45k

Sent from my 16M

19. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yeah man, that is ****!

Similar story.....

A friend wanted to purchase a guitar on Ebay, he and the seller agreed to $2100, my friend was going to pay the $70 postage cost.

After my friend paid the $2100, he was waiting to hear back from the seller to arrange the shipping.

3 days later, the seller replied and said "sorry, talked to a few guitar stores and they said I would be mad to sell for anything under $2500" lol

So he now wanted $2500, because two different guitar stores told him it's worth between $2500 and $2700.

He listed it on Ebay for $2300 or make an offer. My mate offered $2100 and he paid that. The seller then refunded my friend his money, re-listed the guitar for $2500 and it sat for many months before he accepted an offer on it.

I don't know what it sold for in the end, but my friend ended up purchasing another guitar.