430 - Pulled the trigger! 2006 Spider | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 Pulled the trigger! 2006 Spider

Discussion in '360/430' started by MKTViper, Nov 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    beautiful car. go rip it up!

2. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

What a steal! Beautiful car, enjoy it!

3. MKTViper

MKTViper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2018
    Swan Point MD
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It is the Ferrari branded Clarion NZ503. Has "Ferrari" embossed when opened and the start screen is the prancing horse. Works pretty good, I've driving this morning (for the first time) and tried out the Nav. I set up the destination, stowed the screen and let the audio direct me. Bluetooth works for both phone and audio.

4. MKTViper

MKTViper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2018
    Swan Point MD
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Happy to report I FINALLY got to drive my baby around this morning! After 60 miles everything still works and it drives like a dream! Even had the top down for a while at 51deg.

It is a little LOUD for my tastes though with the Tubi (at least it looks like a Tubi Style double exhaust system). Gonna live with it for a while, but I can see exploring quieter options next spring when my wife and I take it on a trip.

5. danny_acs

danny_acs Karting

Aug 17, 2015
    London, UK
    You can always go back to the standard exhaust and install the Forza Componenti valve controller to close down the valves when you want it loud, or force them open and keep it quiet. Aftermarket headers are a must, and they make it slightly louder.

That’s great, that’s an expensive option. Your can get the Clarion reversing camera for about $50 and get it installed - super helpful when parallel parking in reverse. USB out also useful when you want to play MP3’s!

6. MKTViper

MKTViper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2018
    Swan Point MD
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Although I have one amendment... The color is NOT Rosso Monza as the dealer stated. It's
    RUBINO MICALIZZATO 324

It's a very deep burgundy metallic. Brilliant in the sun.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  7. Normal1959

Normal1959 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2019
    bayhill orlando
    Full Name:
    Normal59
    I agree about reviews in general. Where there is smoke, there is fire. I always read the reviews and can weed out the complainers. I also think that a fear of a bad review will motivate the dealer to act their best.
    Eric

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Glad the car is as you expected!! Enjoy; good price.
    Seems like their 09 at 99k was also seen by a fchatter who reported mild issues which he was told about upfront so good to know about the dealer and it’s trustworthyness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Neil22

Neil22 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2018
    Oxford CT
    Full Name:
    Neil Silberkleit
    Very Nice -
    Enjoy it!

10. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014

11. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Also, I highly suggest you get the carbon fiber extended paddles...totally transforms the driving experience (plus they look amazing)

12. Marcoboxer

Marcoboxer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    Yup, that was me. I was heading over to look at this car, but you bought it before I got there. Congrats on the purchase and a +1 from me on the sales rep.

JoeTSI likes this.
  13. The4DA

The4DA Karting

Aug 31, 2018
    GA
    Full Name:
    RC
    Beautiful car. Congrats! I also purchased my car from FoA. They have taken good care of me before, during and after purchase. Good guys there.

14. MKTViper

MKTViper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2018
    Swan Point MD
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just got the car back from LoCo Exotics with a clean bill of health. The excessively LOUD exhaust was due to Fabspeed Sport Headers and Ferrari Sport Exhaust baffles FIXED OPEN. While the sound was amazing (for the track), I'm sure my neighbors didn't appreciate all the rides I gave last weekend. LoCo reconnected the vacuum hoses that mellowed out the sound. Still impressive when those valves open up!

So, based on my experience, I can definitely recommend Select Luxury Cars from Marietta. The car was as advertised, even came with brand new Michelin 4S's and CCB that weren't in the description. The only snag I had was getting the top open the first time. The tonneau "hung up" the first couple times I tried it. When I contacted Leonard Brooks at Select, not only did he call back promptly, but so did the service manager and sales manager. Turns out the car was probably cold from sitting in 32F weather for a few days. After 30 miles of driving it works perfectly...and still works 200 miles later. Good service after the sale.

Almost 60F today and had the top down with that symphonic (i.e., now tolerable) exhaust note. What a car...!

15. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    nice car and fair deal