The Purosangue Thread | Page 30 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    The Bentayga was very comfortable! It makes you feel more secure on the road especially if you drive a lot at night between cities and countries like me, something about it, you know what I mean.

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    It really depends. If you choose the AMG version, yes it's not much of an offroader, neither is a Range Rover Sport or the others. So they are the same really. But if you compare a diesel Range Rover to a diesel G, I'd say the G is probably the better offroader. The European military have been using them for over 40 years after.
    But the point is not about that with those really. The point for me is mostly that I would not like to be seen in a Bentayga or Urus. I do like the G though, and I think it's fun. Like the Range Rover, the G has a pedigree that gives it a sense of purpose. I've had a G63 offroad, and while the side exhaust causes issues etc. it is better than the Bentayga, Urus, and the rest of the Chelsea tractors.

The FUV I don't care for because I simply don't like the idea of Ferrari building an SUV. I don't get it. There's the Levante and the Stelvio for those who want an FCA italian SUV.

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Sure. I do think other cars can give you the same sense of security and comfort though. The current G has changed a lot. It's not like the previous that felt very uneasy at speed. But yes, you are in a comfortable and quiet setting that isolates you, and that can most certainly offer a high level of comfort and security.

I actually think the Lusso does this quite well. It cocoons you nicely and at the same time, the car manages to disappear around you when you are just cruising along creating an airy and roomy atmosphere. I wonder if a high riding Ferrari can do the same.

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I am an ex serviceman, I have driven all of them off road, in really tough conditions. A Discovery is much better off road than a G. The old Defenders are just about the same as a military G (both GD240 and GD290).

Don't like the notion either.

5. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Back in 1980 I was a young man with limited resources otherwise I would have arranged at my expense for Enzo to wake up one morning with that Cavallino head in the foot end of his bed. By now you must be wondering why would I do such a terrible thing to such a great man. The reason is the same you suggested to be the one why Enzo would do that to me. Despite keeping Enzo in a pedestal and finding his life story something extraordinary,, the last 2+2 "Ferrari" he supervised IMO was a disaster. I find the Mondial the worst Ferrari ever made and its highly responsible for this kind of stigma I developed towards the Ferraris 2+2 in general. Probably this isn't fair and is unjust with some of the 2+2 models you referred, but its only my very personal opinion..

6. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    The Mercedes-Benz G-Class? It's a beautiful car, but I'v never been to any G-Class before, I wish to though.

As for the FUV, I'm with not against ;) Ferrari needs to open more new markets like it has done with the superb, La ROMA.

7. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
  8. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
  9. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
  10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
  12. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Hope not!!!

13. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    My opinion is this is the kind of thing Ferrari should avoid. It has to be different- it cannot be a SUV shape with some Ferrari attached. It needs to be a Ferrari, that happens to ride a little higher and perhaps be a little bit taller than the norm. But, my humble opinion, it should not be what Aston and Lamborghini have done.

gzachary, Bundy, otakki and 2 others like this.
  14. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Jerry I agree with you and it's a fact that nowadays most SUV's are standardized, and no matter from which angle you see them, they all look similar. I think that is absolutely imperative that the design of the Purosangue is innovative. I'm sure that when we see the Purosangue for the first time we will be able to say almost immediately if Ferrari has succeeded or not in designing a car that looks like a Ferrari and not like an SUV. Considering the very good recent design job Ferrari presented with the Roma, I hope that they will be able to come up with a similar result in the case of the Purosangue

gzachary, Bundy, otakki and 1 other person like this.
  15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    One of the reasons I sold my Urus is that I thought it looked too much like a Lexus SUV. It was a fantastic machine but for $250k I wanted something more unique. Bow you have the Audi RS Q8, Cayenne Coupe Turbo S, and others.

Caeruleus11 and MDEL like this.
  16. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
  17. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  18. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    tfazio, Rifledriver and REALZEUS like this.
  19. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    G. Pepper likes this.
  20. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Man, I am not feeling it. I sure hopes it looks more aggressive.

22. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    As one finds design elements of the DB11 in the new Aston Martin DBX, I expect to also find design elements in the Purosangue which are typical Ferrari. Question is which model they took the design elements from? Is that the Lusso or will it be the 812? Can't wait to find out. Only when I have seen it, I can say whether I like it or not. One thing for sure, it will not have any heritage, it will not be the car model I am thinking of hearing the name Ferrari as that will remain associated with luxury sports-car for some time to come.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  23. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I agree with you William. It will be a big gamble for Ferrari if they want to continuo being seen as the best in this business. The Purosangue will certainly borrow design elements from previous models that will make it look like a Ferrari but the overall design needs to be very innovative. If it's not the Purosangue will fall in the categories of existing SUVs or crossovers where all of them look similar. The very good overall design we see in the Roma demonstrates that Ferrari designing center is honoring Pininfarina heritage and is very capable. However, we also know that the Purosangue is a very different and much more demanding design challenge than the Roma therefore let's wait impatiantly to see what they come up with.

WilliamB and Caeruleus11 like this.