'Ferrari: Race to Immortality' | Page 3 | FerrariChat

'Ferrari: Race to Immortality'

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Doug Nye, Nov 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    This is wonderful!

I’ve never heard Fon’s voice before!!

Matt

2. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    For anyone interested in the US, it's showing on Starz. Caught it the other day and it was truly excellent, footage and audio alike. Worth buying a hard copy in high definition if you can find it.

3. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Reviving this thread.
    Saw this on cable TV the other night........ just outstanding. I must have been under a rock when it came out as I had no idea of the existence of such a fine film. With all the chat about Ford v Ferrari, which the wife and I saw yesterday and enjoyed very much, a mention of "Race to Immortality" is well deserved on our forum.
    And to those that contributed: well done!

NYC Fred likes this.
  4. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Bought it at Best Buy. Cheap...

Regards, Alberto

5. 335s

335s Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    T. Monma
    Having just read this thread in its entirety, with great interest I must add...Mr Nye: whist having never met, I must say that our shared generational perspectives offer some wildly differing views and perspectives-to both the tragic happenings at LeMans that year, as well as the social/period context-the two streams are about these topics and, how and where, to view this biopic piece(very interesting as a matter of factual point)...

I'm actually going to consider my response carefully, as I have largely limited my content to things technical-based on a lifetime of participation...
    But having been born so close to the end of the war, and having a grandfather who served so highly in all of the Roosevelt administrations, and served in a higher capacity, in both of the Truman administrations, I have a keen viewpoint on a variety of the topics on which you have touched upon...
    Factually: unless you are of a certain age, and have lived through certain eras, it is simply not possible for the younger/successive generations to possess a proper historical perspective(s) for some of the topics to which you have referenced-like it or not; the caste system of these bygone years WAS alive and well both in the US, as well as the UK. ADDITIONALLY, without the proper appreciation/context, you simply cannot appreciate some of the subtler issues/societal fabric undertones that you have articulated.

I'll post after the holidays....
    Well spoken, I must say Mr. Nye...

6. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Is this available on U.S. standard DVD or BluRay? I haven’t been able to find it.

Thanks.

7. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Try Prime or others.

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  8. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Thanks, John! Sure enough, it’s free on Prime. I use it so infrequently it didn’t occur to me to look there.