Ferrari Dino 308 GT4 Hubcaps, 1974 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Dino 308 GT4 Hubcaps, 1974

Discussion in '308/328' started by matthias.studer, Jan 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. matthias.studer

Nov 19, 2005
    Olten, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Matthias Studer
    #1 matthias.studer, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Separately, they are going to be VERY difficult to locate. You may have to buy a set of wheels to get your hands on them. I have the original wheels for my car (1974 GT4) and they have the hubcaps without the horsies...I would consider selling them for a princely sum. ;)
    There was a set on Ebay in the past year that I recall, but haven't seen any in a while. You may want to check GT Car parts in AZ, TRutlands and Allferrariparts.com They all have OEM and parts from parts cars...

Good luck.

JIM

3. marankie

marankie Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2004
    Agoura Hills, Calif
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Got some. Sent Private Message to you

4. Ackmann

Ackmann Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Salem Oregon
    Full Name:
    Wayne Ackermann
  5. ChallieMoto

ChallieMoto Rookie

Jan 22, 2013
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Still looking? I have a set!

6. ebrown5686

ebrown5686 Rookie

Sep 14, 2008
    Albuquerque
    Full Name:
    Ed Brown
    Hello!
    I appreciate it has been a long time since you've posted these, but I thought I'd just check and see if you still have a set of GT4 hubcaps. I sure like to find a set. Thanks either way for your help!
    Ed

7. GT4 Joe

GT4 Joe Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    Dana Point, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Joe Williams
    Tony Randazzo has a set on ebay right now.

8. Blackandbluedino

Apr 16, 2013
    Newport News VA
    Full Name:
    Thomas Gonnella
    Actually, I have seen quite a few sets of NOS, used and repro hub caps available at various times. The real issue for Dino owners is trying to find the correct plastic Dino badges. When I first bought my car in 2006 one was missing. I polished out the caps but it took almost a year to find the correct center cap. The incorrect reproductions are easy to come by...

9. GT4 Joe

GT4 Joe Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    Dana Point, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Joe Williams
    The correct center caps are here: Dino 246?Store
    No afilliation, but a poster on this board makes them.

VIZSLA likes this.
  10. ebrown5686

ebrown5686 Rookie

Sep 14, 2008
    Albuquerque
    Full Name:
    Ed Brown
    Many thanks to GT4 Joe and Black and Blue Dino for steering me in the right direction! That is by far the most I have ever spent or hope to spend for a set of dog-dish hubcaps! I'm 99% sure these are a fit for my Dino Spider 2.4, and simply do not seem to be available any place else at any cost. I've got the correct Fiat centers.
    Thanks again to you guys.
    Ed

11. GT4 Joe

GT4 Joe Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    Dana Point, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Joe Williams
    Not to rain on your parade, but the Fiat Dino caps are slightly different in shape :(
    But they will fit on the wheel. The Fiat ones are more rounded.

12. ebrown5686

ebrown5686 Rookie

Sep 14, 2008
    Albuquerque
    Full Name:
    Ed Brown
    Joe, I have learned the hard way that I am wrong sometimes. My understanding from reading and looking at countless pictures is that 2.4 coupes take the more rounded style I think you are referring to (my car has a set) and 2.4 spiders for some reason were usually? always? equipped with the GT4 style, or at least one that looks very much the same, with a raised edge. No doubt some cars have gotten them mixed up over the years. Maybe the factory installed what was available that day.
    I'd be very happy if you wanted to take a look at a few internet pictures and tell me what you think. I'd appreciate your opinion, if you don't mind wasting a little time. Sorry I'm not internet-savvy enough to supply pictures. I'd be happy to get the opinion of a sane and knowledgeable person.
    In any case, I'm committed! It won't be the first time I've wasted money on an old Italian car. What the heck.
    By the way, I've got a GT4, but a later car with 16's. Great car!
    Thanks in any case for your help.
    Ed

13. GT4 Joe

GT4 Joe Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    Dana Point, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Joe Williams
    Ed, you may be correct.
    I had an old Fiat 600D years ago which had cromo's on it from a coupe. I swear the wheels were 13", though. I could be wrong about that to, my memory being what it is. It had the more rounded caps for sure. In any event, I don't think any casual observers would know the difference. If you've invested in the caps, you won't lose money on them. They are getting rare regardless of the application.
    Joe

14. ebrown5686

ebrown5686 Rookie

Sep 14, 2008
    Albuquerque
    Full Name:
    Ed Brown
    Thanks, Joe, for your response. The car probably needs a valve job (can you believe I bought another car with sodium-filled exhaust valves?) but I've got the hubcap situation covered!
    I'll stop now before we have to switch to the "Other Italian" section....
    Ed

15. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    im looking for a set also!

16. daytonaman

daytonaman Formula Junior

May 1, 2007