430 - My F430 Transformation Build (Not for purists) | Page 3 | FerrariChat

430 My F430 Transformation Build (Not for purists)

Discussion in '360/430' started by Eric C, Nov 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ICULUKN

ICULUKN Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahwatukee AZ
    Full Name:
    G.P.
    Putting on a Scud bumper to a non-scud 430 is not a bolt on installation from my understanding.
    ducting and some other stuff has to be modified/ moved to make it work right.

2. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yes, I'm learning as I go! :)

3. ICULUKN

ICULUKN Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahwatukee AZ
    Full Name:
    G.P.
    There is a guy from Colorado that has done the modification to his yellow 430. Look him up for all the details

4. F131 one of one

F131 one of one Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    Netherlands, Europe
    Full Name:
    Taco Vonk
    The conversion to 16M scuderia of my 2006 430 spider was done in 2011 by Anderson tuning in Germany using original factory 16M parts. The exhaust was done by Capristo { none street legal race exhaust with 3 stage remote setting } . Motor tuned to 569Hp and 3 level race suspension.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
  6. TheCook

TheCook Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2015
    Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Be interested in how you tuned to 569. Best I could get was 530 with remap, airboxes and OEM sports exhaust. Would love to get more out of it without going louder. Care to share your engine mods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aslowdodge likes this.
  7. F131 one of one

F131 one of one Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    Netherlands, Europe
    Full Name:
    Taco Vonk
    I have no idea how Anderson got 569Hp out of it. I bought it like this recently. All I know is the exhaust with headers and "renn-kat" catalysts made 40Hp extra. Something is done to the ECU also. On the dyno test by Capristo in Germany it made 569 Hp. Sorry that i can`t provide more info on engine mods.

8. TheCook

TheCook Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2015
    Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Ian
    No worries. Most likely the additional gain is from improved flow through the modified cats and headers. I can’t go that route without risking failing track day noise tests. Tx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    I'm around 535 with fabspeed headers, test pipes, kline, and mase tune with K&N filters.
    Maybe more aggressive ECU tune?
    I'm also going to guess that the pipes have more direct exit ......also, it is loud.

10. F131 one of one

F131 one of one Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    Netherlands, Europe
    Full Name:
    Taco Vonk
    Yes, you are right. I found this info on the Capristo site "This Capristo Exhaust system is the last exhaust modification for the 430 Scuderia. This complete system includes 200 cell catalysts and a muffler. Depending on the respective programming of the ECU it may happen under some circumstances that the check engine light is triggered.This exhaust system will greatly increase exhaust flow over the restrictive factory unit. By replacing the entire exhaust system, all possible bottlenecks are eliminated giving you the maximum increase in horsepower and sound.
    This exhaust system provides gains of 40 horsepower and saves 22kg of weight." The system has 3 different sound levels. The thirth level { loudest} i noticed 7 months after purchasing the car. A "hidden" tiny push button on the remote controll.

11. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    OEM Scuderia bumper arrived yesterday. Went by this morning to inspect it.

The extra Scuderia bumper will be for sale shortly.

Deposit put down on Camo Wrap in Atlanta.

12. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    WHP ?

13. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    My seat of the pants calculator sez that the front hood outlets would balance the rear spoiler better than a normal hood.
    It looks like that massive windshield washer reservoir may be in the way of airflow.

Also I'd convert it to manual shift if its not already.

Eric C likes this.
  14. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    There are no outlets because there are no inlets. In reality he has two large buckets to collect water (unless he drills drain holes and install tubes). My thinking is that it will disrupt flow and normal downforce created by an OEM hood. But I'm not arguing the point. I just asked a question. The OP is creating a machine to his liking, not mine.

15. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    no way it's to the wheel....assuming to the crank

16. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    i agree with you but he threw out " On the dyno test by Capristo in Germany it made 569 Hp "

17. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    It's why I developed an actual code patch to remove, not recalibrate Catalyst Efficiency checking out of the engine ecus for both 360's and F430s. Infact it works on 575M, 612s etc. just fine. The point is no circumstances will ever trigger the CEL. It's deleted out of the code! Some members on here with F430s are running around with this setup already. 100% success rate.

On power front, the stock maps are very restrictive due to EU3 emissions regs so majority of the maps are set for best fuel efficiency rather than best torque or power. A good remap can really help here. Sports cats make a huge difference to power.

18. F131 one of one

F131 one of one Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    Netherlands, Europe
    Full Name:
    Taco Vonk
    In Europe the power is not measured at the crank but at the wheels. You can check you tube movies of an original F430 Scuderia on the dyno test at Capristo. With original factory exhaust the max Hp output at the wheels is 496 Hp instead of 510 Hp stated by Ferrari. With the Capristo exhaust conversion it brings 515Hp { or so, not sure about exact numbers } .

19. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    What was the original dyno numbers? What octane was it remapped for? What is special about the air boxes ? Thanks

20. F131 one of one

F131 one of one Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    Netherlands, Europe
    Full Name:
    Taco Vonk
    Here is the link that shows it all

21. F131 one of one

F131 one of one Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    Netherlands, Europe
    Full Name:
    Taco Vonk
  22. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    F131 one of one likes this.
  23. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Yeah, no offense to anyone...but I'm not buying the 569hp to the wheels, unless it's force induced.
    The crank number has to be around 655hp to get that kind of wheel hp numbers @ 569.

24. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That's a crank figure; neither the pre 07 or post 07 injectors flow any where near enough for 569 at the wheels.

25. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Taco- No, the Europeans do not quote rear wheel hp. They use a crank hp number which includes ancilliaries, just like we do here. The only difference is that European DIN or similar systems are slightly more optimistic than our SAE net. That 569 hp was extrapolated from a rear wheel number that was likely 15-20% lower depending on various drivetrain loss factors.

WilyB likes this.