Looking for enclosed transport from Minnesota/Western Wisconsin to Orlando area | FerrariChat

Looking for enclosed transport from Minnesota/Western Wisconsin to Orlando area

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by JohnnyRay, Sep 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    I would like to transport my 550 to Florida sometime in early October - and am striking out with the usual suspects. Tried Intercity first, then Reliable and a few other lesser knowns. They have all mentioned that they "don't run that lane". Any ideas? Specifically, I am located north of St. Paul, MN - about 30 miles off of I-35. Need to deliver to Leesburg, FL - just northwest of Orlando. Ideas?

2. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Thanks for all the input :) Hired Passport Transport...

3. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Glad you found someone. I honestly wouldn't have known who to try outside of Intercity and Reliable.

Please let us know how it goes with Passport.

Kevin

4. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Will do. I have now been in touch with my Passport driver, so it seems like its a "go" for moving the 550 to Florida. Packing all my "spares" in the U-Haul - including two extra sets of wheels (and tires) that will otherwise just take up space here. The car will probably never come back to WI, so might as well move them south. We shall see.

BTW - Horseless Carriage was one name that came up later as a trustworthy carrier. Did not call them, though.

kes7u likes this.
  5. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Passport driver and equipment were first rate. Home office did not provide the level of communication I had hoped for regarding scheduling and pickup date though. All in all - I would recommend if you have flexibility in your schedule.

WATSON and kes7u like this.
  6. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Thank you for the heads up!

Kevin