355 headers/manifold | Page 3 | FerrariChat

355 headers/manifold

Discussion in '348/355' started by nunojcmaia, Oct 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    Dont skimp guys, spend the $7,350 on the US tubi headers ;)
    Dont try and save a few bucks , after all it's a ferrari :) Support your US dealer I say .

2. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Been that way as long as I can remember. Nothing to do with trade war or steel prices. Import duty is like 2.5%. Shipping from the UK is typically less than from point to point in the US. I call it dumb American pricing.

SoCal1 and goose22b like this.
  3. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    Thank you for your support !

I'm always working with my dealers and customers to see what I can do about a middle ground. All I can really say is give us a chance!

4. ahsan127

ahsan127 Karting

Jun 28, 2015
    I bought mine from Europe as well. VERY well packaged. Wouldn’t worry buying from there.

5. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    More than happy to give you a change and see what happens.

Just to expand on this and the grey market comment, back in the late 80's, yes, there was a strong grey market for Ferraris and other exotics due to the significant difference in prices between US and euro cars. Perhaps some of that was warranted due to the different safety standards for US cars. But even with acceptable modifications performed after market, euro cars could be imported to the US and converted for less than the price of a US car. Hence the grey market. Perhaps the only advantage of buying a US car was the manufacture's warranty which was typically voided on a grey market car. But there isn't any difference between a Tubi muffler or header for a euro or US car. Thus the price difference, even back then, seems unwarranted. Today, this price different between euro and US cars doesn't really exist. For example, checking the base price of a euro 488 GTB it's lists at around £196k in the UK. In the US it's about $253k, right on the exchange rate, according to a google search of the base price.

So it seems to me that Tubi is living in the past. In today's global market that doesn't seem reasonable. The internet gives up access to venders all over the world and, as I noted, shipping costs and import duties are generally not a significant factor. There is simply no incentive to by a product from a US vender if the same product can be purchased from outside the US for less.

I have an early Tubi muffler on my 355. Plan to eventually replace the OEM headers with Tubis. I think your products are the best. But where I choose to buy them, or any product, will be based on cost delivered.

6. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    If it's a question about customer service.... When I bought my Tubi's I ordered for the 5.2 Australia sent the 2.7's in error. Upon telling them, they picked up the tab for return shipping and cross shipped (again, their cost) the correct ones to minimize my down time.
    JD

7. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #57 johnk..., Nov 2, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    Doing a little more research it seems US sellers aren't even consistent with pricing. This US seller is about $1500 lower than the other one, plus free shipping, but still $1400 more than in the UK. So is the 1st shop price gouging? Web site pricing incorrect? Or are their customer just dollar tone deaf.

In fairness, it's not just Tubi. We all know that Ferrari parts generally cost more in the US. Why is a mystery. And many of the parts are generic and can be bought form places like Rock Auto for a (small) fraction of what they cost from Ferrari.

Again, Tubi is the only header I will put on my car other than OEM, when the time comes, but where I buy them is another issue.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    I spoke with this dealer and they actually put in their sale pricing instead of full USA retail. It will be updated to the correct price so that it will not cause anymore confusion. Until that time, I will gladly honor the pricing posted until they update the website. I apologize again for the confusion.

SoCal1 likes this.
  9. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Latest price from Australia $5,241.77 USD

10. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    Oh wow, Share the link if possible!

11. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    and several other US sites still show fairly significantly different prices...

12. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    Thank you for the continued support and feedback in regards to pricing.
    Feel free to share any pricing differences with me over a PM and I'll do what I can try to match it for the community.

13. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    With regards to the Tubi Evolution mufflers, are there difference in sound levels like the Capristo mufflers or does Tubi just offer one and are there any performance gains?

Thanks

14. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    The 355 Tubi Evolution and Capristo Sound3 FreeFlow Exhaust are completely two different sounding systems with 2 different designs.
    There is a difference in sound levels. Capristo has a higher pitch F1 Sound and Tubi Evolution has a throatier F1 Sound.
    As for performance gains, Dyno numbers were not as important as they are now so during the time of development no figures were measured.

15. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim

Thanks for the reply.

Tubi Sales likes this.
  16. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Anyone know if Eurospares does sales? I'm ready to pounce once they do.

17. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    You sir have a PM!

18. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    Hey, funnily enough I have just received an email from them offering free shipping :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    Doesn't qualify for the US Market!

20. RudyP

RudyP Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Am I reading correctly that your solution to this wide variability in pricing is to 'helpfully correct' the lower ROW pricing options for us in the US and force us to pay 50% more than our friends overseas?

Michael Burgoyne likes this.
  21. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    A competition in price will always be apparent even with strict Manufacture Advertised Pricing rules (MAP). It comes down to do you break the rules and apologize afterwards or do you follow the rules and ask for permission. Distributors work at the mercy of manufacturers our opinions only mean so much until our point is proven. It is something we as distributors are working on and I can only ask for your patience. Until such time please feel free to reach out to me via PM and I'll be more than happy to work with you on pricing matters.

22. RudyP

RudyP Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

I'm having a hard time parsing the corporate speak - are you saying that, yes, you are working on eliminating options for us in the US to buy at ROW pricing (e.g., Eurospares) and forcing us to buy at the "correct" US pricing that is 50% higher?

If so, that is fine, it's your prerogative but might as well be direct about it and tell us you are working on jacking up our pricing.

23. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    What we want as distributors is fair and competitive pricing across the board. So, that this discussion about ROW pricing, MAP pricing, and Grey Market Pricing doesn't have to happen at all. So, please don't assume and take facts as I wrote it because what your stating is not correct and not our prerogative to do so.

24. RudyP

RudyP Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Can you please point out where I am stating incorrect facts? Because from where I sit, it looks like I asked two questions and stated a hypothetical.

And I still can't really tell what your answer is to my question so let me phrase it again a third time:

Are you saying that you want to go from a situation where US customers have multiple options for pricing ranging from very expensive (e.g., $7.3K) US vendors to lower pricing OUS options (e.g., $4.5K from Eurospares) to a future state where we can only buy at the higher US pricing?

And are you further saying that this will be to our benefit as consumers because "this discussion about ROW pricing, MAP pricing, and Grey Market Pricing doesn't have to happen at all"?

johnk... likes this.
  25. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky

Received the same email. Tubi for 2.7 355 $4447. Don't know about free shipping as the limit is 15kg (33lbs). Could be close though. $6700 or $7350 are the current priced in the US. That $6700 is up from $900 when this thread stated. I don't see any favorable price adjustments to US buyers. I hear the words from Tubi Sales, but don't see any action.