Error codes & best battery | FerrariChat

Error codes & best battery

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by KarlA69, Nov 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Hi, I’ve recently acquired an 812 (6 months old and 500 miles when I got it). I used it quite a bit the first weekend. Went to drive it a week later and throws up ‘ECU failure - go to dealer’ or similar error code. Switched it off an on again; same error code. I had similar issues with a brand new Portofino. I’m well aware these codes are often harmless and come through lack of use (although, as mentioned, I’d only left my 812 for a week)

(1) does anyone have any good ideas to prevent these warning lights happening?Using the car more often and getting a battery tender are obvious solutions, but not possible in this case

(2) would replacing the battery help? Car only 6 months old but maybe a higher quality battery better? Pls recommend one for the 812 if possible

thanks!!

2. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Battery brands which Fchat users have success with are Varta in Europe and Interstate in the US. Both owned by Johnson Controls I believe.

3. Hex

Hex Karting

May 1, 2009
    What about lithium ion like Braille or Anti-gravity? Has anyone used either of these, and had good results? Might as well save some weight, if possible, when you change your battery.

4. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Thanks. Do you think these batteries would solve the issue, assuming I drove the car for a decent outing say 2-3 times a month?

Annoying that it seems i’ve paid £300k for a car which has systemic electrical issues (which seem to be a long standing issue across various F models). Pretty sure you can leave any modern Merc or Audi for weeks without trouble....

5. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Go into any high end exotic car dealership and you will see all floor stock on tenders Cetek mainly, All modern exotic cars have multiple computers
    that need power at all times.

6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Makes you feel good about the hybrid cars coming doesn't it? :)

7. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    As almost all modern cars do ... nothing at all to do with being an exotic. This seems to be an exclusive Ferrari problem. Has been forever, long before the multiple computers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    I had exactly the same issues on my Ferrari 458 which was fitted with an OEM battery,,I switched to an Antigravity 40Ah battery which fits perfectly and no problems with warning lights on start up since..It also saved 30lbs of weight which is a nice bonus,!