Aston Martin DBX (Aston's New SUV) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Aston Martin DBX (Aston's New SUV)

Discussion in 'British' started by Astrid.Didier, Nov 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Uris at least resembles a lambo and has crazy motor. Its best of bunch and not bad value at 200k. Dbx is completely generic and costs 300k. Could easily be a jaguar SUV and cost 75k.

Boomhauer and anunakki like this.
  2. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Actually, I think the DBX looks more like an Aston Martin than a Ursus looks like a Lamborghini, or a Cayenne looks like a Porsche. From the sides, most are indistinguishable but the Aston grill is a strong design element here. That being said, most people don't know what an Aston Martin is, but as a DB9 owner I'm not embarrassed by this effort. I will feel differently when a Ferrari SUV arrives. Will be interesting if Range Rover owners will try the DBX as an upgrade to British cheekiness.

3. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Yes they must get people upgrading from range rover if any chance succeed

4. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    Well clearly more Ferrarista here :) But my opinion is NOT BAD AT ALL! When I compare it style-wise with any of the current competition, for me best in class, closest to its roots, with loads of new features which others do not have. Quality finish! Yes I better like some elements of the Urus or others with its competitors but the total package is good and to my liking. Price-wise (standard) a bit high but not out of the ordinary in comparison. Going for all options means price will hike but believe that is with all. I hope the FUV will be better but, at this point in time, only am sure that it will be even more expensive. A Range does not have the class, a Bentega is to classic with no surprises, a Cayenne too generic and no class finishing, an Urus too extreme in styling (keeping one eye on age :) and those comparing it to a Jag or similar class car, I don't take seriously. As I likely will buy a new SUV in 2020, it certainly will be a serious contester!
    So my league of choice is thus far the DBX, a Range (still) and the Levante Trofeo. The FUV might take too long for me.

5. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    Not 300k, where you got this info from!! ..... Totally wrong // the DBX starting price is $192,086

6. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Ok that makes much more sense. Some one here said it was 300k which would be absurd. At least it looks better than bentyga

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  7. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    That's beyond my understanding - there are no Land Rover Sports cars, why should there be Porsche / Lamborghini / Aston Martin / Ferrari SUVs?
    Sadly it tends to prove that Land Rover customers are more sensible than Porsche / Lamborghini / Aston Martin / Ferrari customers...

8. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    ??? Without their SUV, Porsche would be struggling. Lamborghini did up their profits due to their SUV, Aston Martin hopes to survive on it and Ferrari ... well all about profits. So don't understand why Land Rover customers are more sensible. By the way a full option Autobiography is over $200K!

psych0hans and Boomhauer like this.
  9. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i think its very simple. sports car market is limited almost like a toy would be. suv is a necessity that sells in huge volumes. why would land rover need to get into sports cars? but every sports car manufacturer is obviously motivated to branch into suv

10. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
  11. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
  12. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
  13. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    My shortlist for a daily SUV is, momentarily, (1) Aston Martin DBX,because of complete package with top finishing (2) Maserati Levante Trofeo, because of the superb engine (3) Range Rover, a bit too classic but still complete SUV, (4) Mercedes GLE 6.3 (coupe version) because of the general performance. No Bentley, too boring design to me, and no Porsche Cayenne, too general and many on the road. I am now just waiting for the Ferrari and when there are no teasers by 2020, I am not sure whether I want to wait longer. For sporty driving I always have my F12. What is wrong with this line up and why?

14. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i agree about ugly bentley and waiting for what will be the best one of bunch in ferrari. i would put uris at the top of what is available now. why not that? the rest of the list need some rearranging for me. levante is ugly and has to be off based on that. german 'coupe' suvs are all so similar as to be toss up but the cayanne coupe is still rare and probably best driver of the bunch. how about rr sport svr? getting dated now but still pretty cool.

plastique999 and WilliamB like this.
  15. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    Oeps ... yes I overlooked the Urus! How is that possible :) It should be included but seen its too angular design it would not on the no. 1 spot with me. As for the Levante, yes the design is not the best (too close to Asian designs) but the engine and sound is just great. The Cayenne coupe is still new, therefore less on the road but give it a year or so and there will be more. The RR Sport is indeed dated and therefore not on my short list.
    When I drive a wig in this list between those regularly seen on the streets (in whatever version), the rare ones are only 2, being the Urus and the Aston DBX. And hopefully Ferrari is getting in this pack soon.

95spiderman likes this.
  16. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    watched some videos of dbx and looked much better than the static fotos do. I also recently saw senna for first time in flesh and despite hating it from fotos, it looked really good in person. guess cant really judge looks until see it in person

17. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    Seen the DBX in 'the flesh' and think it looks even better than in a video. What I love about this car is that one took the opinion of the driver on board (the needs/requirements) and tried to integrate these while not 'disrupting' the view/design. To give an example, the speakers have been integrated but one only notice them under perforated leather, maintaining the sleek luxury feel. The finish of the windows, one smooth even surface, as the B-post is of glass too and without window frames/rubbers in sight. Like this there are many things which I do not find that well thought out or considered to be of less importance with other brands.
    The only thing I am interested in at this point in time, how does it feel driving. I trust that the chosen Mercedes engine does the job well but am curious to find out how it performs on the road. That has not been tested yet and, as I am not the type who would buy a car not tested myself, I will have to wait a while.

95spiderman likes this.
  18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Rumors saying Stroll's dad will buy AM next...he denies it.

19. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    Have decided to not go for a SUV of which there are various versions. For example, one can buy a Cayenne for 100K but also one for 200K ... the visual difference is rather limited. The same counts for the Levante, also here the difference is very limited (apart from the engine) as well as the Merc GLE-C. That shortens the potential list drastically. Wished the FUV already would be a contestant but expect it will not be on the road before 2023.

20. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
  21. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
  22. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
  23. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    I guess the order books weren't sold out.....Aston is begging for ANOTHER 250 million AGAIN!
    Any BILLIONAIRE will do at this point, just look up GTJOEY @GTJOEY.COM
    It wont take me long to turn this imploding ship around...…..
    Sadly , I as many were right, two local orders were initially placed both were over 230,000.
    I don't think so......WITHOUT CARBON OR STITCHING.
    GTJOEY1314

24. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    I am not that billionaire thus want to drive/experience the car before, maybe, purchasing. It though would e a shame as this iconic brand would collapse!