812 GTS Allocation | Page 6 | FerrariChat

812 GTS Allocation

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ggear, Sep 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Best to ask your dealer.

2. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    If you see the latest reports on the 992 Porsche Turbo S it will have for the first time a sports plus for exhaust. They noted it was due to the new emission / sound standards.

3. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Does anyone (maybe Marcel?) have an idea when we will see some 812 GTS press cars tested?

of2worlds and nimamd like this.
  4. ScuderiaFiller91

Sep 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Robert J Wehinger
    I have an order allocation for the 812 GTS if anyone's interested shoot me a message

5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Has anyone heard of what the premium over MSRP is for the aftermarket ?

6. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Wait 12 months after first deliveries and get a 20% discount to MSRP.

F2003-GA likes this.
  7. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    right

if you can find one

20% discounts on high mileage cars will be plentiful! ;)

F2003-GA likes this.
  8. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    812 GTS only has a couple years production left before a replacement is here
    So by this time next year it will be old and should be discounted

Shack likes this.
  9. nimamd

nimamd Karting

Mar 25, 2016
    I hope the GTS will hold the value well considering its production number is limited by time.
    Having seen the new flagship SF90, and considering the ever increasing Euro emission restrictions, I think the next generation of F cars, although more technologically advanced, will have less emotion/ soul in them.

LARRYH, of2worlds and MalibuGuy like this.
  10. nimamd

nimamd Karting

Mar 25, 2016
    According to Ferrari the GTS was supposed to be for the “connoisseurs of the brand” which implied some exclusivity. Initially there were specific requirements to get an allocation (e.g. V12 ownership etc.). Now it seems anybody can get an allocation, and even one of the members here has been told by the dealer that probably more GTS will be produced than the SF!
    How exclusive do you think the GTS will be?

11. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Exclusive is gone. Porsche (with the 911R, GT2RS etc) showed Ferrari how to "bend over" its loyal customers. At least Ferrari has time to change direction.

F2003-GA likes this.
  12. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Of course that's great spin however the media isn't exactly pro wealth and certainly not pro removing emissions devices.

13. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    It will only be made available to people who can pay for it. :);)

technom3 likes this.
  14. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Don't count on it. These are for profit companies. Not for the customers profit.

Gh21631 likes this.
  15. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    #140 Bundy, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    The truth is that any brand new customer can order just about any current or upcoming model, regardless of previous purchase history - Pista Spider and possible 812 GTS VS excluded. Dealers have bravely maintained the exclusivity line but the reality is much different.

The paradigm used to be that Ferrari rarely built a car until a customer had specifically ordered it. There were always a few exceptions such as our previous 2009 612 OTO which was originally spec’d by Ferrari as a marketing exercise for the NYC Ferrari Store showroom before we acquired it. However, since 2016, I’ve routinely encountered brand new Ferraris (e.g. 488 Spider, 812, Portofino, Lusso) in our local showroom that were “extra allocations” spec’d by the dealer. There simply have not been enough interested buyers for the available allocations, and the problem is getting worse.

Crashing residuals are the result. I genuinely feel for the dealers. It’s become a vicious cycle with no easy solution. Does Ferrari greatly reduce production volume? Or the pace of new model introductions? Or price? Corporate needs to make a decision regarding short term financial gain vs long term brand management.

The reinstatement of numbered LE models could help but I’m not sure there are that many customers that will continue to buy and accept repeated and effectively instant $100K USD depreciation hits on regular production models just to secure the occasional LE model that’s unlikely to appreciate?

It’s especially sad because cars like the 812 SF and Pista are brilliant. Unfortunately, Ferrari has put its needs (i.e. short-term profit motive) way ahead of its customers’ best interests. In the process, it’s made its core group of loyal serial purchasers feel less special. We’ll see how that plays out but I personally believe that they’ve underestimated the importance of this loyal core group to the business model.

16. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    10000% correct. They will be shocked at how quickly loyal customers disappear or lose interest in "the game".

of2worlds, montpellier and Bundy like this.
  17. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    I for one, certainly lost mine.
    Bought 11 new and still mere VIP and Ferrari value someone with no history but order every car possible and some cases 2 same car with different color way more than me.
    I feel like all my passion for the brand is wasted. Sure in the process I enjoyed driving more than any. How wonderful it would have been if my journey was valued more than just next guy with huge money.

After SF90, and 812 GTS, my purchasing will stop.
    If they let me 812 vs super limited whatever, I will consider.
    I am done with Ferrari, not totally but not just the way I used to be.
    I am moving to other brand which values my money and success more

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds, F2003-GA, Reiziger and 3 others like this.
  18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    There is no premium. Current 812 owners will get the first allocations and then they will open it up to others. Some dealers may have more allocations than buyers.

F2003-GA likes this.
  19. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I am keen to hear how challenging the scuttle shake is, with that weight and old fashioned platform I do worry......

20. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I spoke to a dealer this weekend and they have more GTS orders than SF90 (approx 20% more)...on the basis of the numbers mentioned I would be very surprised if they made less than 1200-1500 GTS

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

of2worlds likes this.
  21. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Not mine, they sold out in weeks and asked if they could take more deposits, the answer was yes but you won't get more cars..

22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    This is often a game played to create the perception of exclusivity. I bet they will get you a car but maybe not an early allocation.

23. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    That song sounds familiar...

Goblin, Gh21631 and Thecadster like this.
  24. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    :D:D:D

25. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Well I trust my dealer, unlike some he is genuine, he promised me their 3rd 812 Superfast and that's what I got, all be it delayed which was out of their hands, as far as I am aware they are still down on their allocated Superfast's. I had already paid my deposit for a GTS when he told me that so there was no need to exaggerate.

The market in the UK is different to most, even though things are tough over here new Ferrari orders books seem to be fairly full!