488 Pista Values | Page 2 | FerrariChat

488 Pista Values

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by customryder, Nov 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    no is not . That pista at 470 is without vat so that means that if you want to buy for Italy ( for example ) is 600 k euros ( so 200 k over sticker ) . There aren’t any real pista spider for less than 600 k euros worldwide ( included vat ) if yes please give the link thanks ... honestly I don’t think they will easily drop down with price if , as it seems , were built only 700/800 pcs...

2. customryder

customryder Karting

Jul 31, 2007
  3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I think you have to make the decision what it’s worth. We can’t help. If you offered msrp and they turned you down, surely there was a counter offer.

Is that counter worth it to you?

Pista will normalize and come down in asking and value like every other car. But if you chase price, you deny yourself the pleasure of owning and driving.

Negotiate with the dealer and make the deal. We can’t help with that.

tekaefixe likes this.
  4. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I do wonder if the Pista will ever be worth less than $350k. I don’t know, it’s pretty special.

5. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    It probably won’t. But who knows.

A safe bet is that it’s one of those cars that has a chance of holding value. But again- who knows.

6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The next in the list is 517650 euros with 19% VAT if I read correctly.
    Btw VAT in Italy is 22% AFAIK so if 470 is without VAT the price with Italian VAT is 573,4 K euros so an asked price closer to 150K over than to 200K over.
    The Pista spider will face the same issue as the Pista IMHO - they will have a hard time to justify the 100 K premium over the Speciale / Speciale Aperta that they would need to keep their value (the problem is that Ferrari has increased the list prices to avoid leaving much money on the table for the benefit of the first-time buyers).

7. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    I don't think it will. Probably always stay around msrp which most are low 400's and up. Maybe a bottom of 400k?

Gh21631 and MawxwellPista like this.
  8. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    While you guys complain about a lousy $50K, I took my Pista out with this 812 on a spirited drive this morning and had an awesome time. LOL

Image Unavailable, Please Login

ScottS, Ash Patel, Musicman and 19 others like this.
  9. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    Like many others around here, I have followed/owned/lusted after/lost money on/ many a cool car. The Pista is a bit of an odd duck, IMO. Even now, quite deep into production (and in fact, nearing its end), I still don't see many for sale, and virtually none being driven around. Yes, the occasional dealer will have one with a few miles on it (Boardwalk has one with 800 miles on it, although it is going for a premium), but the cars just seem super...rare, for lack of a better word. I'm not sure why this is the case, but I do know that a willing and able cash buyer probably doesn't have a huge number of cars and options to choose from. I can't remember a "mass production" car in recent memory that seems so hard to find. While I have no illusion that the cars will appreciate in value, it will be very interesting to see whether/if they are a bit more resistant to the typical, and often withering, depreciation of the average exotic.

Having said all that, if I were completely infatuated with the Pista and I didn't already have one on its way in, I wouldn't let a little extra loot dissuade me from buying one. Sure, it means the depreciation curve will be a bit steeper, but the enjoyment factor is priceless and none of us is getting any younger. If you are lukewarm, or just wanting the latest shiny bauble (nothing wrong, with that by the way), better take a pass on the purchase at a premium and look elsewhere, at least for now. It just doesn't seem that MSRP is likely.

10. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    That one of 517 k is a fake car ( no real pic ) .nothing under 200 over sticker ( 573 is 200 over sticker because that car will be around 370 with it few opt ).

11. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    In demand exotic cars listed for sale on public websites are usually overpriced . The right priced ones never even make it publicly .

sales guys of franchised dealers or third party exotic dealers inform their vast client base and brokers of incoming cars . Ppl will buy it then and it wont make the public websites . The ones with higher prices which are listed have been turned down by a considerable amount of buyers (this is applicable for all Marques ).

12. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    I am agree with you but at the end I think that the lucky people that bought a pista will lose very few money after two years of driving it ( supposing no more than 2k mike per year ) and the one of pista spider will probably even get a profit 40/50k

13. 737Drvr

737Drvr Karting

Nov 7, 2009
    I paid over for mine but the dealer treated me exceptionally well on my trade. So, in my mind, it was a no brainer. If you want one, don't hesitate and go get it. You won't be disappointed. I promise! I came from a Performante and couldn't be happier. The Pista is in its own league IMO. Looks, performance, soul...it has it all. Ferrari nailed this car.

14. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    A two year old Pista with 4,000 miles that you already lost $100k on a Lusso to get is not the definition of losing very little. Just keep and drive the car and forget about money. Otherwise, sell it now to lose less and next time don't bother.

Gh21631 likes this.
  15. Carrerarsr

Carrerarsr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Not really related to the Pista but just for your info. Yesterday auction in Abu Dhabi showed to interesting results. F12 TDF 121 km. No sale at 650.000 high bid.speciale Aperta sold at 360.000 usd. Estimate for that was 450.000 to 550.000 usd 145 km on the clock so, basically brand new.

16. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    If confirmed that Speciale Aperta was a stunning deal - although it's ex-VAT (as far as I understand) so with a 20% VAT it would come at 432000 usd... still cheap compared to the typically advertised asked prices; how a non limited Pista Spider could command 200 k over is beyond my understanding (which does not mean it could not be real).

17. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    I think from Abu you have to pay also import duties....

18. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Good point - for France it's 10%, significant but not really changing the big picture (let's say there are also a few expenses to bring back the car, that would put the price to around 480 K usd i.e. less than 440 K euros).

19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Look at this way, there are between 800 and 900 Pista's in the US and it is likely the last non hybrid mid engine 8 VS car from Ferrari. I think what you see now are a few people trading out who were hoping to make a $100K+ because the dealers told them they would after losing so much on their Lusso purchase. I was told the same thing when I initially put my Lusso order in but thought better and subsequently cancelled. I made out much better the the Lusso buyers. Honestly, I have toyed with selling my car mostly because I haven't used it much but I can't get myself to let it go.

Caeruleus11, njcycleguy and Jo Sta7 like this.
  20. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    How many miles ?

21. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I'm not really interested but I know people could do it ;)
    The testarossa I bought some years ago was from Saudi Arabia (complete with manufacturer plates written in Arabic), so it should have been brought back from there.

22. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Every market is different. However, people who may have or be able to sell over MSRP would still be in the red and in many cases, substantially in the red in their overall purchases. (People don't talk much about this on the forums).

A long time ago, I had a friend who bragged that he made $3K in a legal sports bet. He kept bragging about it. When I asked him what his overall situation was, he then told me he was net $9k losses in bets. Exotic cars are a lot like that. People leave out the part how much they've lost (hundreds of thousands of dollars in many cases) to get the one car that may have gone up in value a bit.

23. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    There's a few delivery mileage Pista's in the UK trading at list.

24. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    You should get one.

25. Reiziger

Reiziger Rookie

Aug 22, 2018
    Disneyland
    Direct from dealership? The ones listed online are asking for 30-50k over but I guess asking price is not always reflective of realistic trading price.