ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ***SPOILER*** | Page 3 | FerrariChat

ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ***SPOILER***

Discussion in 'F1' started by william, Nov 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Nonsense. When Mclaren won all but one race during Senna/Prost era they said same thing, when Ferrari/Shumi dominated, same, then Redbull/Vettel, same. F1 one is still here, i think some races this year reported record attendance.

2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Per another forum, the FIA is running a full fueling test on the Ferrari to see if they're carrying more fuel than allowed. Of course, the only reason to carry more fuel is if you've figured out how to bypass the official FIA flow meter. So right now, we still don't know if the results stand.

3. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Well, you assume I think F1 is dead because of too much of a 1 team dominance? That's a little shortsighted.

4. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I actually fell asleep waiting for the race to start and slept through it. There is a God, and He is merciful to me. :)

TurboFreak650, BOKE, Jakuzzi and 6 others like this.
  5. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Apologize if i misjudged, at any rate F1 is not "dead" as the attendance seem to be good still.

6. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I don't get it. Since when is it surprising that the top three starters finished in the same position they started.

One thing I did notice is that after Max passed Charles and Charles tried to come back on the outside in the next turn, Charles didn't come down on Max and Max didn't push out on Charles. How was that possible? :)

Oh, and Vettel still sucks.

7. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    #57 Jack-the-lad, Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    Its death has almost nothing to do with single team/driver domination. It has to do with obsessive tweaking of sporting and design regulations, the artifices of the tire regulations, mind-numbingly boring circuits, a ridiculous preoccupation with “relevance” and a loss of the foundations of what made it a sport: ultimate speed, emotion and risk.

Jakuzzi, Isobel, Picchu88 and 3 others like this.
  8. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Sorry, attendance doesn't say much. People eat what you serve.
    Any crap gets sold as long it goes with the right sale techniques. Especially in the morons' new markets.

Isobel and nsxrebel like this.
  9. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    uumm... regulations has been changing ever since F1 existed, the cars are different than 50 years ago, the tires are different from 50 years ago, there have been so much tweaking of sporting and design regulations even before the 1990's, yet after the 1990's we have seen some of the best races and drivers in F1

william likes this.
  10. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Ok, if you don’t see the differences in the use of rules now and 50 years ago.....you’re absolutely right. F1 is better than ever!
    :rolleyes:

william likes this.
  11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I disagree, I think attendance says a lot, I don't think people throw away money they work for to attend a F1 race, at least not where i live, maybe its different where you are

william likes this.
  12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    If you don't think rules have always been changing since the first F1 race then good for you

william likes this.
  13. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Look at the glass full, no more having to listen to Crofty screaming like Leigh Diffey about nothing for several months. Thanks to Mother’s and ESPN for Commerical free broadcasts, but I think I would rather listen to the ads more than Crofty he is insufferable.

Picchu88 likes this.
  14. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    CHARLES LECLERC
    Leclerc avoids disqualification from Abu Dhabi GP

Stewards issued a fine of €50,000, but Leclerc keeps his third place.

The FIA's findings read: "TD/014-19 required teams to declare the amount of fuel that they intended to put in the car for the laps to the grid, the formation lap, the race, the in-lap and any fire-ups that would be needed. The Technical Delegate was able to confirm the fuel mass put in the tank by checking in accordance with the procedure specified in TD/014-19.

"There was a difference of 4.88kgs between the team’s declaration for car 16 and the Technical Delegate’s measured fuel mass.

"The team’s declaration was therefore inaccurate and constituted a breach of the Technical Directive. This in turn constitutes an infringement of Article 12.1.1.i of the International Sporting Code."

15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    ok .i called this result before qualy...not rocket science is it?

16. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Jeez. Tough crowd. If one race a season is predictable, the sport is dead? Get a grip people. This was a much more entertaining season than we all expected. After the early dominance of Mercedes, and fears that Merc could win every race, RB and Ferrari finally and surprisingly caught up. We suddenly had some great racing and some notable highlights like Germany. Most races have been a complete lottery with some fine racing and some good bust ups. I think 2019 was a far better season than 2018 or 2017. So let’s give the sport a break. It was quite a good year. 2020 could easily yield a 3 team battle for the title and 2021 will be w total reset. We have lots to look forward to!

Adrian Thompson, william and ktu like this.
  17. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Don't agree, subirg. Ferrari got in the picture only by flirting with the rules, and that's a polite way to put it :D. For me F1 is dead, not just because of the last race, not at all. Every season, it just get's worse. Too many regulations. It all started with the fraudulent DRS. Garbage, and fake, just too "invent" some more overtaking. nothing , absolutely nothing to do with racing.
    You may be right that some races were a complete lottery. But mainly because of stupid rules, penalties, etc.
    I don't dislike the supremacy of Mercedes. I think it's just sad there's so little competition.
    And the tracks, the Tilke designed tracks are awful.
    It's still amazing that the most exciting tracks, such as Spa, Monza, Silverstone,.... are among the oldest ones, in which digital pencils or "modern" ideas never were involved. FIA has become too important, and especially too "politically correct".
    F1 became just extremely boring.

Eddie Irvine puts it colorfully into words:
    https://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-videos/eddie-irvines-view-on-todays-formula-1/

Isobel, Jeronimo GTO and Jack-the-lad like this.
  18. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    On the money. :eek:

19. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    This season was better than last. I do feel the FIA, in their attempt to improve "the show", do more harm with all the tweaking of the rules and regulations - Max vs. Leclerc penalty for unsafe release is a perfect example.

Some of the new tracks are dreadful. French Grand Prix was visually difficult to watch and had all the ambiance of bus station.

But what really did it for me this year was all the unnecessary safety cars. The last thing F1 needs is to take away the risk factor from the sport.

IMHO

Oh, and bring back refueling :)

nsxrebel likes this.
  20. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    The race was over by post 37 LOL

Congrats to Lewis for another fake title and going by Ferrari's performance/management this year he surely has next years title too. o_O

Forza the season is finally over :p

Croft is such an annoying ****.

21. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    What a snooze fest ending to the season. I just finished "watching" the race. I fell asleep thru most of it.
    They need to get rid of this track and some of the other boring ones. In fact, let the season end in Brazil like it used to.

22. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

If this was a Mercedes infraction and podium retained would this be acceptable.

cmos and william like this.
  23. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    The team has done all it could to sabotage Charles. Bad pit and race strategy; this fuel violation; and what seems to be a stubborn refusal to see that he is the better driver and deserving of No. 1 status within the team. Wonder if he is talking to his legal and management teams to find a way out of his contract?

nsxrebel and william like this.
  24. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Actual Ferrari Executive management should take action to make Charles’ position in the team clear. Those far above Binotto- not the incompetence of Binotto level

G. Pepper, william and Jack-the-lad like this.
  25. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    i don’t think this thread is indicative of that.
    It’s just a less interesting event because the championship has already been determined, and the expectation is that the championship team will,likely dominate this race as well.
    Unchallenged greatness is boring.
    The only potential story for this race is will Seb catch up to Charles?....meh....overall, who cares?

ricksb likes this.