Brandoli Video | FerrariChat

Brandoli Video

Discussion in '206/246' started by 4CamGT, Jul 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Has anyone had any experience with Brandoli restoring a Dino? Seems like an amazing place!

2. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Also, it’s really nice to see so many Dino’s getting restored along with other classic Ferrari’s within the video!

3. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Freeman, through the intercession of Brenda Vernor, Egidio Brandoli sent me the uncut Ferrari headlight covers in 1999. In 2006, Brenda took me and my mother to the Brandoli shop, where I saw the collection of metal body bucks that they use to recreate individual body parts. It is truly an amazing operation, and their craftsmanship is second to none. Egidio gave me a lovely brochure describing the carrozzeria, and I even received Christmas cards from him for several years. A true gentleman, whose family supports his efforts in every way. Fred

4. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Thanks Fred! I would be curious to know what a Dino restoration would cost at Brandoli. Probably done by the same craftsmen/family that built ours!

5. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Freeman,
    When I visited Egidio Brandoli's shop, he told me that he had built Dino bodies while at Scaglietti. I don't know for certain, but I seem to remember him saying something about having procured the wooden Dino body bucks from Scaglietti, which he then had remade in steel. He has U.S. and Euro bucks, for early and late model Dinos. The bucks for various Ferrari models are stored on several levels at the shop. I posted one of the pictures on F-Chat a number of years ago. Nuvolari uses it in one of his ads. Fred

6. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Brandoli have made some panels for my Dinos, last year I had 2 steel door skins for my E-series made which my local body guy is fitting to the frames.
    Workmanship is first class!

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #7 BigTex, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Brenda Vernor is the business......hosted her at COTA.

Cool video!

Watching made me smile,..thanks.

8. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    She is on FB
    Actually a close friend of David Castelhano,5 days ago I noticed she responded to his "comment" on Vettel on FB. She just refuted his claim - LOL
    I snapped this of Brenda a few years ago in a chance meeting
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Has there been any news about the memoir Brenda was reportedly working on?

10. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I have no knowledge of a memoir in progress by Brenda Vernor. She called me from Maranello last Wednesday to wish me a Happy Thanksgiving, and we talked about a number of things, but she never mentioned a memoir. I have known her since 1982, and speak with her several times a year, as well as sharing e-mails frequently. She has never mentioned a memoir. In fact, when I spoke with her last week, she expressed gratitude about the wonderful reception she received recently in Phoenix. I explained to her that she is a legendary figure, and she laughed heartily, as she is a very humble individual, and doesn't see herself as a newsworthy person. If she is indeed working on a memoir, she's keeping it to herself at this time. Fred

11. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Fascinating Fred! I’m sure she has some amazing stories! She needs to write a book!!

12. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Freeman, I couldn't agree more! Having heard many Ferrari stories from Brenda over the years, it's a no-brainer. I think one problem is the fact that current Ferrari management are very protective of company history, and might look askance at anything that didn't comport with the current "company line." We can always hope, however, and I'll buy the first copy I can get my hands on! Fred

13. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    It would be a shame. Her truthful perspective and witness would be worth reading and would serve as a true historical document. One idea would be, with her permission, tape your conversations with her so that one day they could be transcribed.

14. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred

Having been a friend of Brenda's as long as I have, and knowing her independent spirit and naturally outspoken nature, I would feel uncomfortable presuming to turn a friendly conversation into an interview intended to memorialize her views on the subject of Ferrari. If there is in fact going to be a Brenda Vernor memoir, she and she alone will have to be the one to produce it. Frustrating, perhaps, but the way it is and the way that I believe it should be. Fred

15. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    There was speculation about a book from BV in another forum I participate in so I thought I’d mention it here to see if there was any substance to it, which apparently there is not.