Who is swapping their 550/575 for a 599? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Who is swapping their 550/575 for a 599?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Themaven, Nov 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I am familiar with the Countach and no p.s. I would assume it is similar results. I wish I drove the Daytona. A yellow car with head issues was available years ago on F.C., with a $90K advertised price.

2. ixlr8

ixlr8 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2015
    Eastern Shore- Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I had a Miura for 30 years, with no PS, I suspect the Countach steers the same. The 550 with the engine over the front wheels is a very different story. The steering ECU is a plug in module and if you pull it, there is no steering boost. The stock steering in my 550 is way over boosted in my book and I hated it. The FHP ecu is nice but a little stiff for the back road driving in my area. I really like the modified boost curve that the MSW folks have and I feel that is what should have been in the car from the factory. I run the MSW curve steering ecu in my car 90% of the time. But when I know I am going to be pressing the envelope, I put in the FHP steering ecu.

3. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

The Miura is lighter up front and is really easy to maneuver around at slow speeds. I need to purchase the FHP ecu.

4. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Me too
    :)

Daniel

5. ixlr8

ixlr8 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2015
    Eastern Shore- Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The Miura gets real light up front above 140 mph!! I purchased both the MSW custom and the FHP ecu's for the 550. I planned on returning the one I didn't like... I kept both. :) In keeping with the title of this thread, I wouldn't trade my 550 for a 599.

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Israel- As noted, the best option is the FHP steering ECU, which mine has. Boost at low speeds, tapering off much more rapidly than the standard steering ECU. Without boost, the Maranello would be undriveable at parking lot speeds. The Daytona was no fun at low speeds and it had worm and roller steering and a much lower steering ratio (more turns lock to lock for better mechanical advantage). Many Daytona owners have fitted GTC/4 power steering or one of the new electric power steering systems.

ralfabco likes this.
  7. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I find that they're actually great compliments to each other.