" Ferrari Premium" programme | Page 6 | FerrariChat

" Ferrari Premium" programme

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by SAFE4NOW, Mar 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Radu

Radu Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2018
    Netherlands
    #126 Radu, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    BarryK, it just happens that I first heard of this a couple of months ago; but: it didn't make the news (e.g. motorious, yahoo news and other sources I could find) until 23rd of April.
    A big dealer in NL seems to not be ready with the quotations part yet.
    All this doesn't point to it being an "almost a year ago" programme, or something you could already do in April 2019, but I may be wrong about other parts of the world, which is what I already said.
    As for questioning and thinking, really? That's just a sad thing to say mate. ttforcefeed said he didn't know anyone doing this "as a programme", but that's too broad and vague of a statement to not be either further qualified, or challenged. I offered my own experience on it, and pointed out the short time frame. What's wrong with that?

2. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    You realize that the word programme is used numerous times in the example you provided and package is no where in the document you chose as your example, right?

Package would imply one would have to purchase everything as a package, as one big purchase. ( Which is not a requirement listed anywhere that I have found or personally experienced.

Programme would imply that as you perform and I quote from your example above:

" Product campaigns concerning the car " -- This would include updates that are of no cost to the owner.
    " Ordinary maintenance plan " - You do change your oil don't you? Or replace the timing belt when the time comes due.
    " Preventive maintenance plan " - During the timing belt service, would you replace worn hoses or belts while it was apart or just wait until the break?
    None of the above require you do everything in the entire program at once... that just doesn't make any sense.

Its pretty clear there are those that do not understand the program as outlined by Ferrari , maybe Ferrari could do a better job of explaining it, but the amount of dis-information you two are putting out there is surprising. I will never see or meet 99% of the members here, but I am trying to clear up misconceptions being expressed on an international forum. I mean to say that " no one " is participating when in fact anyone who has had their annual maintenance performed at a Ferrari Dealership is either unknowingly participating or ill informed. Its a free program , it rewards those who take care of their Ferrari, with a certificate of such. Owners can choose to not maintain their Ferrari and pass on deferred repairs / service to the next owner ( buyer beware ) ..

Not to mention , future buyers will be looking for examples with documentation of services and repairs, how is it that this program is still being spun as a bad thing?

Steve

430tdf and Nospinzone like this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    hold on - in black and white it says easy access to classiche ....so i wld need to complete 100% of what they are offering...so over what time frame? what if it takes me 7 or 10 years? that then guarantees classiche? so say what you want, but they're trying to get people to do as much of the work as soon as possible - do you disagree with that?

4. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Of course this package vs program is a distraction to the real issue. Either way, you need to spend the $$$ on the premium certification in order to eligible to apply for the classiche. Classiche certificate is not automatic after the Premium as Classiche is also about authenticity of the car (major components, etc).

But just like the classiche annual (re)certification, Premium hasn't caught on at all, at least here in Europe. I think people get that a classiche car isn't necessarily a guarantee of authenticity as discussed in many threads. Likewise, going through the Premium route doesn't guarantee that a car doesn't have deferred maintenance issues etc.

But I appreciate some on this thread make a living from this kind of work, so may have a different view.

5. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    This program sounds like a participation trophy for bending over the service desk while being told to "nay like a horse"

Jaguar36 likes this.
  6. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    I cannot explain why it says " easy access " , as no where do I see in the Classiche inspection process that the Premium Program is a prerequisite.
    So completing 100% or zero has not actual bearing on Classiche application process at all.
    Regarding timeframe, no where does it say 1 year or 10 years, so your guess is as good as mine. But it would be a guess, not fact.
    Again, since service history is not currently part of the Classiche process, I see no where that participation is a guarantee of Classiche.
    Since there is no timeline provided in any of the documents assoctiated with this program, I cannot agree that they ( Ferrari ) is pushing anyone to do anything " as soon as possible " ( Does Ferrari WANT as many Ferrari automobiles that are in the marketplace to be taken care of as best as possible to help maintain their and the brands value, yes I agree with that )

So rather than address facts and clarify points , you would rather mimic CNN and make up your own facts. ( J/K )
    No where does it state that a Ferrari must participate in this program in order to be Classiche eligible. If I missed it, please show me. I am open to facts vs opinion.
    You are correct that Classiche confirms authenticity.

Classiche recertification, thought that would have been a welcomed process each year. You know, to make sure owner A doesn't swap out parts for photos then swap aftermarket parts back on again.... you know, add value to the program. VS Owner B who actually makes sure their Ferrari is authentic and keeps it that way, and by the way, performs preventive repairs along the way to maintain the prestigious value most vintage Ferrari's have ( deserve ) For the record, When Classiche cars come into my shop for their annual service, the re-inspection is included, we do not charge extra. Its a stamp in a book. It also offers the owner a chance to look over their Ferrari with the technician working with it. Building trust in their relationship.

Funny you make a quip about making a living from this kind of work.

Yes, guilty as charged. I am 100% the Service Director at Boardwalk Ferrari. Will I ever make money off you or ttforcefed , nope, never, and don't expect to. Then why am I spending all this time bouncing back and forth with you about this topic? Primarily to get honest feedback, from owners, how they feel about the program. Doesn't really matter if you are right or wrong, its how you feel and more importantly how you view the program. The feedback from the two of you alone tells me that the program was not explained or launched correctly. Would it matter if it was? Maybe not, maybe some just want to love the brand while hating the brand... it is what it is. But also to offer counter points to offset the disinformation being posted.

As for making a living, again, yes I absolutely make my living by offering to service and maintain hundreds of local Ferrari's . some not so local, I do my best everyday to offer an honest opinion ( my opinion ) offer feedback from my side of the table to your side of the table. I look up information when asked and offer insight when possible, something that is rare anymore, as most do not have time to banter online. I also put together multiple events every month to get owners together with each other. Owners with the technicians , to break down the walls that have been build for so many years of bad blood. To offer answers and solutions not just arguments. Heck, I have even been elected President of the FCA DFW Chapter , all because I "make my living" helping take care of the Ferrari brand, to add value to ownership.

off soap box for now...

Steve

of2worlds likes this.
  7. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Wow , sounds like you need to find a new desk... LOL

S

imahorse likes this.
  8. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Where I live in Wisconsin, the desk options are very limited as there are very few Ferraris. I can recall all 10 that I have seen on the road in my life. The costs are insane here. I've been quoted $10k for a major or for a clutch job by the 3 places (including indies) within 100 miles. While it is totally up to people to pay such insane prices, my problem with this program is that it keeps pushing the notion that spending more money on these cars makes them better. It does not. If anything I think spending more time working on them makes them better. As far as I can tell, my work is up to a much higher standard than the morons who worked on it before me. If I were to try selling my car however, that statement would be laughed at. While most dealerships and Indies do good work, a lot of terrible work is done on these cars that goes unnoticed. I've seen it way too much, while most people ignore it. I don't mean to be rude, but to me, service records or this program mean very little.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    steve how many customers are doing these with you? u have 360, 612, 456 owners whose cars are worth 5o to 80k looking to spend 20K on hoses? if so that's pretty incredible.

10. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    While you can buy superior aftermarket hoses for pennies on the dollar in some cases.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ive read and contemplated the document a dozen times and the more i do the more ridiculous it becomes. lets say i service my car with a dealer every time it needs something. will the dealer then say to me hey:
    1) x y and z failed so replaced them and you get 3 gold stars for that and
    2)if you want 10 other gold stars we can replace a, b, c, d, e, f, g, etc?

12. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Without going and actually looking up each account, I can say more than a dozen, less than two dozen.

NONE - have spent $20k on hoses.

ALL have had work performed , that included replacement gaskets and several hoses, that count towards the accumulative total " basket ' if you will.

Several repairs , there was no extra labor required, just purchase the parts ( at a reduced rate ) and have them installed.

Others, paid reduced labor and reduced parts pricing , to perform preventative work.

Steve

of2worlds likes this.
  13. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    In essence , yes.
    I'm not sure it should be presented as a part failed if they have not, but yes... if you want to replace X,Y and Z during this visit, that basket of parts will be checked off.
    gold stars given. It's a piece of paper adding validity to the replacement of wear items on a Ferrari. Gold Star extra. ;-)

Steve

14. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    So I guess the end run is, if you want to do it, then do it, and if you don't want to do it, then don't do it. Pretty simple really.

I probably won't do it, but I'm not sure.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  15. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Are you saying the Classic paperwork is free? From Ferrari?

16. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    No sir,

This discussion is primarily about the Ferrari Premium Program.

Classiche has its primary inspection, application, and own fee schedule. < wink > But that's another thread all together.

S

17. 8202632

8202632 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2017
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    CDC
    After reading through this, no matter what anyone’s opinion of the program is, I would seriously consider sending my car to Steve at boardwalk. He’s not only been transparent about how his dealership does business, but also has provided an honest assessment about what he knows and doesn’t know. This to me speaks wonders. He has only strengthened his credibility with this thread. I am interested in learning more about the program and how my vehicle may be able to benefit by this.

Mirek, 430tdf, tbakowsky and 3 others like this.
  18. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Thank you for your kind words!

Steve

19. Paul360

Paul360 Rookie

Oct 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    Paul Mac
    For cars like the 360 which are now 20 years old it’s probably a good idea. Does anyone know how extensive or not the parts list and cost would be on a 360 F1.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

20. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

I have asked my shop foreman to get me a list of all the parts for the 360.

One thing that is sometimes misunderstood, is that it does not have to all be done at once, it can be done a little at a time..

I will report back once I am given the who list though.

S

21. Paul360

Paul360 Rookie

Oct 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    Paul Mac
    Steve, have you had a chance to review the 360 parts or estimated time to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

of2worlds likes this.
  22. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    It's all about RACE, no not F1 ..once it's all electric cars how else can they bring in the $$$?