For Sale - 2004 Brabus K8 Wagon - Mercedes E55 on Steroids! | FerrariChat

For Sale 2004 Brabus K8 Wagon - Mercedes E55 on Steroids!

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by 1turbobrick, Nov 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1turbobrick

1turbobrick Karting

Nov 29, 2011
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Dale W
    #1 1turbobrick, Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    This car started life as a Mercedes AMG E55 and was given steroid injections by Brabus. While the supercharged 5.5L V8 engine already made an impressive 493hp, Brabus takes it and bumps it up to at least 550hp. Unfortunately Brabus lost records prior to 2006 in a computer crash a few years ago so we don't know the full extent of the modifications to this particular car. At very least it has a full Brabus exhaust with headers and six (yes six) exhaust tips (Brabus' trademark on the K8 cars), Brabus ECU, TCU and suspension tunes, locking differential, instrumentation, Brabus lower body cladding and Brabus wheels. It's unknown if there are any cylinder head modifications or camshafts. On some cars Brabus will add brakes but in this case the AMG brakes are massive so there was no need. This car also features a "widebody" kit, something Brabus did to very few cars. The car is in excellent condition. At least 50 hours were spent buffing the paint back to showroom condition and likely nicer than when it was new. The interior is extremely clean and in superb condition. To say this is a rare car is a serious understatement. It is in all likelihood the only one in Canada and possibly in North America. The opportunity to own one may not present itself again. Don't miss out! The car is located in Canada and will, in all likelihood require some creative efforts to import to the US. Asking $32,500 CDN.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

DEPZ, BRADAN, Bthesixthree and 4 others like this.
  2. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    #2 F355 Fan 82, Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    So what would this take to import to the US? Im interested, may you please dm your number to call you and a good time to do so

Miran and daytona355 like this.
  3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    oh man. so much want.

willrace and Hocakes like this.
  4. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    RWD or AWD?

5. 1turbobrick

1turbobrick Karting

Nov 29, 2011
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Dale W
    RWD

6. KartingOrBust

KartingOrBust Rookie

Nov 24, 2019
    Full Name:
    Hugh Savoldelli
    This is the coolest car of all time.

7. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    For any [potentially] interested US parties, I know well the owners of JK Technologies, who are Registered Importers and could likely let you know if the importation and conversion to US spec is feasible- I'd be happy to put you in touch.

I have no affiliation with either the seller or JK, although years ago I used to do business with JK when the converted gray market Mercedes for me.

Good luck seller- that is a kick ass car.

Regards

Mike

8. 1turbobrick

1turbobrick Karting

Nov 29, 2011
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Dale W

Thanks for the compliments and appreciate the info. It really is a crazy unique car and so much fun to drive. I can't afford to keep back tires on it...

9. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Most likely needs to be 25 years old if it is nonconforming. Even then it still has to meet things like state emissions.

10. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Cool car. More exhaust tips=more power!!! :eek::)

11. Sellatease

Sellatease Rookie

Oct 18, 2019
    Nigeria
    Full Name:
    Alpha Donald
    The car is well maintained. I love it. Is it available for export?

12. 1turbobrick

1turbobrick Karting

Nov 29, 2011
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Dale W
    "Available for export"? The export isn't a problem. Can the buyer import it? That is the question that needs to be answered.

13. Sellatease

Sellatease Rookie

Oct 18, 2019
    Nigeria
    Full Name:
    Alpha Donald
    Yeah. it depends on the price because am a dealer. I buy and resell

14. 12097

12097 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Regina, Canada
    I have heard this car run.

It’s a very practical rocket ship.

More importantly, exhaust note is exquisite.

15. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Is there any way to (legally) leave it on Canadian plates but keep it in the US? sort of like the Montana registration, but in another country?

I see Canadian plates on cars belonging to snowbirds all the time in Florida. but theoretically they return to Canada in the summer.

16. 1turbobrick

1turbobrick Karting

Nov 29, 2011
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Dale W
    The price is in the original post...

17. 1turbobrick

1turbobrick Karting

Nov 29, 2011
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Dale W
    I suspect there are limitations as to how long a Canadian registered car can remain in the US. That said, I've got friends who spend winters in Arizona and have left their car there indefinitely. Not the same situation obviously, as they have a Canadian residence and can renew the plates yearly.

18. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    Damn! That's the most badass car I've seen on here in a while.

19. BRADAN

BRADAN Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Wow!! Beast!!

20. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

For anyone with a serious WANT for this car, just buy it, keep it in Canada until 2021.... that is Next year.

Take it on a summer road trip through the Rockies, store it again next winter, then import it in 2021. I store my car at an excellent location near where this car is being sold (I assume Calgary) for around ~1000US/year.

Ak Jim likes this.
  21. 1turbobrick

1turbobrick Karting

Nov 29, 2011
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Dale W
    Correct, the car is in Calgary.

Unless I'm missing something, in 2021 this car will be 17 years old. Not quite the 25 years the US requires. However, it could be imported as a non street legal car and then titled when it turns 25.

22. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

LOL - double fail on my part. I did 2006 + 15 (Canadian Import wait - I know the US is 25 years). 2006 was the year Brabus had their computer issue, not the age of the vehicle. Thanks for pointing out the mistake. It could still be stored in Canada.... but a longer wait. There are 5 R34 Skyine GTRs owned by Americans waiting for the 25 year exemption, where I store my car.

23. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Love me some long roof. Neat car. Always liked 365BB and Atlantique becuz tailpipes. AMG wagons are the best. GLWS.

24. icelander47

icelander47 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    What is on the title for the car? Is it Mercedes or brabus? If it is Mercedes it is a very simple import since there are no differences between the us and Canadian model of the e55.

Now if the title says brabus, that is all sorts of difficult

25. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    That's true...if the car is originally Canadian.