812 GTS Allocation | Page 7 | FerrariChat

812 GTS Allocation

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ggear, Sep 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

That's good to hear when others in the UK are saying cars are barely selling.

2. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I think for reasons that are not obvious to me new stock is still selling in the UK, it is the after market and lack of non SOR (agency) bids from the official dealer network that says a lot. New stock is however reasonably strong.

Ferrari UK appear to have just upped their (arguably) non refundable deposits on new stock, a canary in the mine I would say...

of2worlds and F142George like this.
  3. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    On your last point, does anyone have experience with trying to get a deposit back i.e. cancel order? I'm sure the agreement says not possible, but these things are always a negotiation if they want to keep you happy for the long run...

4. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Only because it has been a means to an end for quite a few (ie to get the next upcoming VS/limited/halo car), but the business model is now changing and the established process is quickly becoming obsolete as those cherished cars become increasingly expensive and easier to get and the residuals on older ones plummet.

5. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    In France, both GTS and SF90 allocations per dealer were fully fulfilled within couple weeks, POs and deposits made.

6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I wonder if they had fewer allocations. I know FoW had a bunch of SF90s which I passed on and I know I can get a GTS but I may have to wait a bit. If I had an 812 I would get first dibs.

7. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Sorry , please can you tell me where FoW is?

8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Ferrari of Washington in the states

9. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Depends on applicable law and jurisdiction but a combination of eg contract law (usually lack of contractual certainty), consumer protection laws deposit terms and/or PR means it’s refundable prior to locking spec.

10. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    Gts is 2.5 times more than pista aperta
    60% this of pista coupes

11. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Thanks. I’m UK based. Just rethinking my GTS order, now that I have an 812... not sure losing the roof is worth the significant extra money. Plus, when I ordered GTS I was told it didn’t have GPF fitted.... will make a decision next year, but good to hear I could (probably) get deposit back...

12. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    In my geo equivalent of 125k GBP changeover from 812 to GTS - I bit steep

of2worlds likes this.
  13. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    AS long as don’t get a spec loaded you have a good shot, PM if can help nearer the time

KarlA69 likes this.
  14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Same up here. So far, both the 812 GTS and SF90 is sold out. This at a very large dealer that gets a lot of of allocations.

of2worlds likes this.
  15. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Its always a sold out situation at most dealerships But if ones persistent on followups some how cancellation units show up :confused:

Actualizer, Thecadster and Bundy like this.
  16. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    it seems pretty obvious both the sf90 and GTS sell well in Europe, and they won't take further orders.
    Yes there will might always push a couple extra units (making, what 10% more than currently sold?), and yes you always have a couple buyers who will drop their allocations.
    That does not change the fact that the cars all all allocated now, ordered and deposits paid for, and you can't get in if you want one.

17. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    The main problem is not that SF90 and 812GTS seems (!) to be oversold (I do not think they are oversold, if you "need" one, there will always be some "demo" cars available for specification and so on) - it is the fact that people has to buy something else before getting what-ever, and that will in the current market send out a bunch of 812Superfast and so on, that no one has "ordered". For example we just got 2 rather new 812Superfast here in Sweden - most likely 812GTS orders who triggered them to be sold...

F2003-GA likes this.
  18. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Hi guys, ordered 812 GTS...

I am still not seeing the order in MyFerrari? Is anyone else having this issue?

Also, when were others promised their slot? Apparently only a handful of cars will be delivered by the end of 2020...

19. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I’ve ordered my new 812SF delivery June 2020. My Ferrari app. appears I sold previous F12 and I have a 812 SF in waiting list. That means it has been ordered . Specifications will follow . Dealer is going to tell them specifications 4 months before delivery

sayegh87 likes this.
  20. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    From what I can make out, Superfast production will finish at the middle on next year and then GTS production will start.
    That should firm up Superfast prices a little if you can no longer buy a new one after next summer.

21. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    (many) rumors here tell the same

ciao

22. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    #172 nads, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    Too many 812's around (and more variants on the way) for prices to firm in any way. I think the best one could hope for is sort sort of stability around the £240-250k level with a slow drift from there.

23. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    That's what i've been told too. It should mean that overall production isnt as high as many expected when spread over the 3 years.

24. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    There's too many options coming up in the exotic car world even though they're not Apples to Apples
    But they will effect resale market more than ever.I love the GTS but in general most auto enthusiast
    don't care for it as much as other exotics including Ferrari's own SF90. So I see both the coupe and
    GTS taking quite a bit of resale hit. Which doesn't matter to those who bought them to enjoy. But for
    those looking for a good entry point it's well worth being on a watch and wait situation and thats my take :)

of2worlds, j09333 and Bundy like this.
  25. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    So the first delivery’s will be around augustus then? For the 812 GTS