Portofino Winter Mats | FerrariChat

Portofino Winter Mats

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by SamRo, Dec 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SamRo

SamRo Rookie

Dec 17, 2018
    Hi everyone,
    In my determination not to run a ‘garage queen’ - well, the Portofino is supposed to be the every day Ferrari, I’d love to track down some good quality winter mats - high quality rubber, or maybe leather/ pleather. Has anyone tracked anything down? I’ve failed so far. Even spoken to a company or two who tell me they don’t have the dimensions yet. I’m in the UK so UK/ European suppliers (or those who ship) would be most helpful.
    Thank you!
    Sam.

2. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    I am waiting for WeatherTech FloorLiners,which are made for the previous Californias. Go on their website and submit a request to let them know that there is demand.

3. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Dang no weatherTech yet? My car arrives in like 2 weeks..!

4. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    WeatherTech told me that production depends on demand. So on their website go to New Product Update and tell them what you want.

5. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
  6. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Thanks for pointing that out. WeatherTech was supposed to email me when they were available.

7. PROV

PROV Rookie

Oct 30, 2019
    Middlesbrough, UK
  8. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    I ordered FloorLiners in black,the only color available. If you want another color you might want to wait,because the ones for the California T are offered in four colors.

9. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    My FloorLiners fit perfectly,but the snaps are completely wrong. I broke two of the carpet posts when tried to snap the mats in. I drilled out the fittings so that I can use the mats until I can reach someone at WeatherTech after the holidays--there were 256 calls ahead of me last time I called! Make sure that this problem is corrected before ordering.

10. SamRo

SamRo Rookie

Dec 17, 2018
  11. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ahh k k.. well I was about to order them because my car arrived. I was shocked that they were almost $300 more then the GT4Lusso ones.. ?!?!? Guess when volume is low the prices are higher..

12. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Has anyone else gotten WeatherTech FloorLiners for his Portofino? Were the snaps correct?

I still haven't been able to reach anyone there by phone,and my email hasn't been answered. But the mats work fine with the drilling.

13. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    I am finally working with someone at WeatherTech. It sounds like I got the first set of FloorLiners for the Portofino.

14. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    After a number of phone calls,picture exchanges,and providing Ferrari part #s,it looks like the problem has been found: Due to a slip-up at the factory,WeatherTech had been installing the wrong snaps. The right snaps will be sent to me,and I will report back.

15. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    WeatherTech sent me a new set with the right snaps. Given how easily the Ferrari floor pegs broke,I put a light coat of Vaseline inside the snaps before installing the FloorLiners.