360 - Modena engine access cover | FerrariChat

360 Modena engine access cover

Discussion in '360/430' started by 78bonanza, Dec 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 78bonanza

78bonanza Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jim Cear
    I’m trying , for the first time, to access the engine from the passenger compartment. I’ve gotten to the point where it appears I need to remove the center upholstery trim under the rear window. The shop manual doesn’t really show how it’s attached, where to access , etc. I’ve searched here without success . I’ve stopped work until I figure this out. Any help would be appreciated

Attached Files:

2. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    I think all you have to do now is to pull the carpet off the engine cover it just tucks under the trim pieces

EastMemphis likes this.
  3. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Did you loosen The side piller trims where the seatbelts come out of? That carpet is tucked behind there after that it just pulls out.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

4. 78bonanza

78bonanza Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jim Cear
    Loosening the B pillars was learning experience for anyone doing this for the first time . Once the bolts on the shoulder strap are removed the plastic slide tab is then removed by inserting a small flat blade screw driver in the slide locking tab to pop it off . This is the tab that is depressed to move the shoulder strap vertically. The B pillars are held in by two plastic interior plugs like any American car . Basically pulling on the B pillars covers pops them off.
    The interior trim along the bottom of the rear window is held in with the same plastic plugs. Simply pulling on it releases it . One broke off in the process .
    Once completed it simplified removing the carpet cover over the rear engine access panel .
    Perhaps someone who is searching for this information in the future will stumble across the thread .
    Thanks to all who replied.

5. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I broke one of those clips removing the B-pillar on my 360 Spider. I tried to get actual Ferrari fasteners but there is no part number listed that I could find.
    On a hunch, I bought a set of Fiat interior fasteners that included one that looked like the Ferrari part. The kit had 25 of the little buggers and they are the same except the Fiat, blue while the Ferrari ones are whitish/grayish. I think it was $20 for the lot on Ebay.

6. tomconte

tomconte Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 15, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Conte
  7. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    EastMemphis likes this.
  8. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Why take the B pillar trim off?

9. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    That is what I want to know ? I remove mine several times it is just a carpet and insulation panel that under the trim panels

Rifledriver likes this.
  10. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

its difficult, but not impossible to remove the huge upright carpet from the car if nothing else is to be removed from the car in the first picture.
    however you risk damaging the carpet or your hand. its is pretty rigid.
    so , removing the tunnel shaped quarter window inner panel will make it easier.
    to remove the tunnel shaped quarter window inner panel , you need to remove the b-pillar panel
    or so that's the logic

RANDY6005 likes this.
  11. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Done it a hundred times and it never occurred to me to go to that much trouble. Never damaged a carpet or my hand. No logic to that method at all. Just a waste of time and a chance at damaging fragile leather covered panels for zero reason.

Top center panel under the window is the only one that needs to come off.