348 - New YouTube Nonsense 348 25k major | Page 9 | FerrariChat

348 New YouTube Nonsense 348 25k major

Discussion in '348/355' started by dahveedem, Jul 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Check this out. Good stuff @ 11:40. How many of you posted comments that hurt Dan's feelings.:rolleyes:

WATSON likes this.
  2. Fred Daniali

Fred Daniali Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Chino Hills California
    Full Name:
    Fred Daniali
    Wow, so you went out of your way to post a link to his video just so that you could punk him? That is real mature of you.

F1Spider and BOKE like this.
  3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Someone perhaps does not have some context.

BOKE likes this.
  4. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    #204 BOKE, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019

5. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    OOH. I might have to watch this one...

...not.

sjd

MOSS, Qavion and BOKE like this.
  6. cardude442

cardude442 Karting

Jun 5, 2019
    New Hampshire, USA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    “YouTube is his job” and primary source of income.

That would make him a journalist and he may want to familiarize himself with this: https://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp

The term ‘journalist’ does not imply quality.

BOKE likes this.
  7. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    The JWW "Smoking Tire Podcast" delves into that a little...some of those guys are opinionators, not journalists...

cardude442, energy88 and BOKE like this.
  8. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Shameless, "f**k it I got mine", Opportunistic leaches. Of all of them #NormalGuySupeprfake is the absolute worst. Hoovie he is not.

BOKE likes this.
  9. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lol

BOKE likes this.
  10. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    NGS made $11k last year from YouTube total so I don’t think he is doing this for the money. I still don’t get why were is such a high level of anger against the guy.

As a former 348 owner it’s fun to drive, yes it’s beautiful and with a proper exhaust it sounds amazing but if somebody runs away from a 348 because of NGS then they aren’t a proper fit for a 348 anyway. The gearboxes are prone to failure, the wiring is a joke with entire engine harnesses made with connectors having pins that have maximum 5 duty cycles and elusive hidden fuses that have caught on fire from poor design, timing belts requiring engines coming out every 3 years( brave folks stretch that to 5 years) and ECUs with degrading EEPROM data.

That being said, one of my favorite Ferrari’s ever.

However...

It’s not a car for the uninformed buyer and if they are scared of $$$ majors, especially at this age where you can easily spend $10-15k quickly at a proper shop because of other “while your in there” parts AND the fact parts are getting harder and harder to source... The 348 deserves a buyer who understands it and is not afraid of the fact it will need routine love.

Also, anybody who says a Ferrari ( 348 or not) has been cheap to own is somebody who doesn’t maintain their car to a high standard. Spend your money or spend your time because you can’t keep both when you own a classic Ferrari. If I was buying another Ferrari and the current owner told me it’s been cheap to own during his ownership I’d run for the hills because I’d be getting stuck with the deferred maintenance he didn’t understand was needed.

TiminAustin, thorn, Caphill and 3 others like this.
  11. Fred Daniali

Fred Daniali Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Chino Hills California
    Full Name:
    Fred Daniali
    FSM348, very well said! Now here is a gentlemen!

F1Spider likes this.
  12. Fred Daniali

Fred Daniali Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Chino Hills California
    Full Name:
    Fred Daniali
    Hey Cardude442, maybe you should suggest this code of ethics to all of the real journalists out there who are acting like idiots and spreading lie and lie? Not a Youtuber!

13. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Regarding the "normal guy supercar" YouTube channel:

Actual revenues from YouTube make up a VERY small portion of what a YouTuber actually earns or profits from. Free parts and tools to car YouTubers are a fact of life. Sales of swag, including shirts, hats, stickers, etc. is a far more lucrative part of a YouTube creator's revenue stream.

It isn't about "such a high level of anger against the guy." whatsoever. Other commercial YouTubers have been welcomed on FerrariChat because of their assistance to members. Others aren't welcomed with open arms because of their content. IMHO, the "normal guy supercar" channel, does more harm to potential Ferrari buyers or owners. The channel offers little real information and is all about clickbait.

Promoting any commercial business without being a sponsor on FerrariChat is prohibited in the Terms of Service and Rules.
    • All commercial activity requires Sponsorship or Classified Subscription.
    • Moderators will ultimately decide if something is commercial or not.

Regarding Dan @dhurlbert actions in the video I posted:

Including a PM from a FerrariChat Moderator in a YouTube video is over the line for anyone on FerrariChat. Andrew @NeuroBeaker is a long-time member of FerrariChat and a respected moderator here. Andrew provided polite, gentle enforcement of the site's TOS and forum rules, and was blasted on YouTube. Moderators on FerrariChat volunteer their time and effort, and it is truly a thankless endeavor for the most part.

Regarding your experience with Ferrari 348s:

Ferrari ownership is rarely a "cheap" experience. Ferrari 348s happen to be a Ferrari with VERY low operating expenses in the grand scheme of things. Read some of @ernie 's 348 "Brotherhood" and "Stooge" threads to get a picture of how many guys are enjoying 348 ownership that turn wrenches themselves.

steved033, energy88 and ernie like this.
  14. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

energy88 likes this.
  15. Fred Daniali

Fred Daniali Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Chino Hills California
    Full Name:
    Fred Daniali
    To all of you watching this thread.... there is nothing on Dan's channel is fake or manufactured. The repairs are real, albeit they do have somewhat of a silly "fun factor" built into them. But hey, I sometimes fall asleep from some of these somnolent videos of people presenting material. Having a bit of humor defies this and keeps you interested.

Hey Boke, why don't you and all of your friends admit the fact that you don't like him because he is a normal average guy that works on Ferraris? And he doesn't only work on cars.... he has extolled the art of owning all kinds of exotic vehicles.... from financing to the psychology of owning these expensive cars. There is a lot more to it then just walking into a dealership and signing on the dotted line... it's a lifestyle and a hobby for the strong willed.

Let's face it, anytime you pull an engine out of a car it's money... even if it's a Chevy or a Ford. Your time is worth something unless you have all the time in the world to work on a car (a luxury that even I cannot afford because I don't have the time). As far as 348s are concerned... they just don't do it for me, but there are some people who love them. Maybe if you gave me a Steve Maxwell twin turbo charged 610hp version, I may get a chubby but otherwise let's face it, the car sucks and is down there near the bottom like a Mondial. It's not really the first car on a wish list when the F355 or the 328 are that much better of V8 cars.

TiminAustin, Caphill and F1Spider like this.
  16. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Dude, You need to slow your roll.
    There is nothing personal directed at anyone in my comments above. I am strictly addressing the content on the "normal guy supercar" YouTube channel and offering my opinion.

17. Fred Daniali

Fred Daniali Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Chino Hills California
    Full Name:
    Fred Daniali
    Fair enough.

18. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Whoa...lots going on in that post.

I am watching this thread and I think that guy in the video is an *******.
    Not because he is "some normal, average guy that works on his Ferrari's".
    But because he made a stupid video whining about negative comments he has received.
    He also happens to include a shot at one of our Moderators...not cool.
    I watched about 60 seconds of it total and laughed and moved one.

What is the video's purpose? (besides clicks). He sounds like the kid that got beat up once a week at recess.
    ...and why are you so anxious to defend this guy? You his dad or something?

To be clear, I work on all my own cars, including the 355, so your argument you started with is no longer valid.

A great next step for this guy would be a public apology in this forum...in particular to Andrew.
    Maybe you can suggest that to him?

19. Fred Daniali

Fred Daniali Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Chino Hills California
    Full Name:
    Fred Daniali
    My argument is not longer valid? What is your counterargument? You have none. The only suggestion I have for you is that you go and fly a kite! They attacked him, cornered him, singled him out and he counter punched. Why should anyone apologize?

20. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    Sock check. Aisle 5.

BOKE and WATSON like this.
  21. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    OK dad.

Let's take this apart piece by piece.

1. Your argument is that the only people that give your son flack are those that don't work on their own cars...that argument. I do most of my own work and think his video is silly.

2. I like kites. Thanks!

3. He decided to go public with his comments. Not expecting any backlash would seem, well, at best immature.

4. He insulted a longstanding member and mod here on FChat. The post by Andrew was proper and to the point. An apology is in order.

5. Why you so invested in this guy anyway? Serious question: Are you his dad?

steved033 and BOKE like this.
  22. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
  23. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I don't like him because he's a sensationalist. I can't buy in to "look at this amazing car I bought at the wrecking yard" or "OOPS, 348's are hard"

I've owned a bunch of cars over the years, and I usually bring them home in boxes. I do my own work. It really doesn't make for good TV (unless you like this old house).

The internet cracks me up. Hurt feelings for clicks. C'mon, we're all better than that.

sjd

flat_plane_eddie, BOKE and WATSON like this.
  24. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    cavsct94 and BOKE like this.
  25. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009