Ferrari ROMA | Page 65 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Seriously ???

It’s nothing to do about looking for looking at different uses

Spending this sort of money on a wet sump design you are joking

Mass produced, cheapest Ferrari

No comment on styling But as Enzo said you are buying an engine and the car is free

Wet sump never

Bundy likes this.
  2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Love seeing posts by someone who doesn’t even have a Ferrari

Your comments will always remain about styling and Your thoughts

Buy a Ferrari then tell us all the ugly designing

Doug23 likes this.
  3. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    Enzo is dead, moreover. in a very few years, there will be no more Ferrari engine at alll!!:D:D Three or four electric motors and they will be all made by YASA and of-course outside of Ferrari!! I'm wondering what Enzo would say then ;) :D:D

4. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    I'm working on it, it's a 488 though, but still the ROMA with its wet sump is a very elegant choice ;), WHATEVER as I can see from the info on your profile that your are 56 years old, that's why you are too much into a very old era of Ferrari, but there are those who are very young and don't know anything about that era, and they don't even care to know!!

Mr Angelo: with all respect to you, the future is very different to that old era of Ferrari, and it's not up to Ferrari, it's the new rules, Ferrari like all other manufacturers they have to move on, you may not be able to accept the new modern changes, but it's business as usual and the show must go on!! Regards

5. manya81

manya81 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert

Every time I read a comment from this person reminds me of someone banned in the SF90 thread, equally unbearable...
    maybe it's just coincidence :cool:

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.
  6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The first clean slate design was the 812, not the SF90. Then after the 812 came the Porto. And frankly, while the 488, Pista and F8 are 458 evolutions, they are still very much their own design. Place a Pista and Italia next to each other, and the general Joe public will not see them as the same car.

Just because it says Pininfarina on the side, does it not mean it's the best. Don't forget that what are probably recognized as some of the most iconic Ferraris of all time, are in fact not Pinin designs.

I think Manzoni is doing great things aside from the Roma which just gets more and more dull, every time I see it.

MANDALAY, Makuono and Astrid.Didier like this.
  7. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    That's right, the 812 was their first,I forgot that though ;)

8. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    Ferrari ROMA at night!

9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    You have no grasp of technology whatsoever...

Doug23, stavura and MANDALAY like this.
  10. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
  11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Supercapacitors have their pros and cons. All major racing series have decided to use batteries instead...

PS: Try not to brake and turn at the same time. Trail braking is at the next driving level...

Doug23 likes this.
  12. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    I don't know if it is being said but official retail in italy is 200.936 €

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  13. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    This is NOT correct: The first own design of the Ferrari Centro Stile was the LaFerrari (2013), although even the F12 berlinetta (2012) was maintenly designed by Flavio Manzoni and his team. Pininfarina created many cars with a beautiful design, but not all of them were beautiful... or do you think the Ferrari California (2008) is a real beauty in comparison to the very first California)?

cloverleaf and Astrid.Didier like this.
  14. Ferro458

Ferro458 Karting

May 26, 2014
    Sorry, but you are incorrect with respect to the designers of the F12. It was done by Pininfarina. Flavio's team tweaked it for the 812.
    https://pininfarina.it/en/work/ferrari-f12berlinetta/

Solid State and Astrid.Didier like this.
  15. valerio

valerio Rookie

Oct 8, 2017
    Source?

16. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    #1617 day355, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    It s sad they don t have made the choice of weight reduction instead of heavy 1000 hp for the new ego s customers...
    Customers have changed, now they want apple car play, usb, navigation...
    Personnaly, i just want a god handling, a steering wheel and a NA engine...I m 43 years old, but i m a part of a minority and Ferrari don t care about my wishes
    Sad, but still 2 cars and Ferrari will be another brand, and not for me anymore !
    So, i keep my V 12 and my eyes ll look something else
    LCDM s vision is missing me so much

17. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The weight of the screens and Apple Car Play is minimal. The cars are nowadays heavier because of the intricate engineering (especially true for hybrids), the need for crumple zones and all the other regulations (GPF, etc). Also, Ferraris were always about the engine and its power, they were never the lightest cars around.

18. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    #1619 day355, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    I know apple car play doen t increase the weight significativly, i just want to speak about another philosophy...
    F 355 is about 1420 "real" kg , a CS 1360...
    Nowadays it s really heavy and powerful, and SF 90 is 1886 kg real !!!
    I don t care W/HP ratio, it s really too heavy

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  19. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The 1886 kg figure is a rumour someone circulated in here, but was never verified. At any rate, it will be heavy. It is a lot bigger than a 355 and a lot stiffer and safer too. I wouldn't buy a new car with the level of stiffness and safety of a 355. BTW power/weight matters too. Lest we forget, when the 355 came out, an F1 car weighed 515 kg with the driver. Nowadays they weigh 740 kg with the driver (nearly 45% more!!!), but run circles around a 1994 machine...

Doug23 likes this.
  20. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    My dealer that call me to make the car configuration ;)

of2worlds and Astrid.Didier like this.
  21. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
  22. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

My age has zero to do with it. I have cars in my blood but more with engines. I have actually built my own engine . With that comes a lot of knowledge. There is a right way and the cheap way. And with that ild rather have my hard earned money of the right way.

And if your predictions are true ild rather have one of Ferraris best engines ever made in my garage when I retire. FYI the V12 812 has a dry sump. Clearly they made the V8 T for front engine wet sump, cheaper and easier to service .

MDEL, Bundy and Astrid.Didier like this.