O/T - Atlanta fine dining options for December only | FerrariChat

O/T - Atlanta fine dining options for December only

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Dec 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Two restaurants here that are personal favorites of mine, and I'm certain are favorites of other Atlanta Ferrari owners, are open at times this month only that they would not otherwise be open.

Kurt's Euro Bistro in Duluth was the host of Italian Car Day for a number of years at a former location which had lots of parking. They are now at a nearby location with less parking but, IMO, better food. They are open for lunch this month only, on Monday thru Friday, thru 12/20. They have a special lunch menu with a $25 prix fixe option that includes appetizer or soup, salad, entree and dessert. I had it today and it was excellent but nearly too much to eat. Fortunately, all the items are also available a la carte, along with additional items, and I hope to try that in a week or two. Details at https://www.kurtsrestaurant.com/event/open-for-holiday-lunches/.

Sugo in Johns Creek has been the scene of several FCA dinners. They are open on Sundays this month only through the 29th with a special $24 prix fixe dinner with choices for three courses. I always enjoy eating at Sugo (and occasionally doing one of their cooking classes!) Reservations will be essential. Details at https://www.facebook.com/events/827160704406985/.

Lanikai likes this.
  2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Now how's this for a coincidence: I decided to try Sugo's Sunday dinner this evening and made a reservation. When I was seated I didn't really take any initial notice of my neighbors, but I was almost immediately addressed from the next table. It was Kurt, there with Vreny and their daughter! It was the first time he had eaten there, since the normal hours of the two restaurants are basically the same. They had ordered off the same prix-fixe menu card and we had occasional conversation while we were both eating. Of course, we both enjoyed the food. Mr. C didn't recognize Kurt until I introduced him, but Mr. C was familiar with Kurt and had eaten at his restaurant and enjoyed it. So in the end a good time was had by all.

So what would be the chance that the owner of one of the above restaurants would be eating at the other at the same time that you were there, and that they had unknowingly seated you and him at adjacent tables? Wow!