Ferrari F1 2020 ( 671) | FerrariChat

Ferrari F1 2020 ( 671)

Discussion in 'F1' started by 444sp, Dec 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
  2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    So, in other words, no hope for 2020.

walnut and TurboFreak650 like this.
  3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Instead of working on the car, Ferrari should work on the drivers !!
    And the pitwall strategy has to be addressed too.
    The 2019 wasn't bad as demonstrated several times.

4. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
    Editar

lorenzobandini likes this.
  5. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
    I think totally different from you, this gives me many hopes.
    The SF71H was the best Ferrari car of the last 3 years and the closest was to be champion.
    The SF90H had no race pace, destroyed the tires faster than its rivals and could only win when it had the extra 70 or 80 HP that we still don't know if they were legal.

kandi, stavura, DeSoto and 1 other person like this.
  6. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Let's hope you are right, and that Ferrari can compete without any controversy next year.

7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Words in Italy that Ferrari is trying to increase downforce level on SF90 concept for next year car.
    The goal is to find the right compromise between drag and balanced downforce front and rear which is very difficult to achieve.
    Power unit is top notch power wise but less efficient than the Mercedes one which is a huge handicap during the race
    Works in progress both sides it seems but difficult to say it will be enough to be a contender.

8. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    The SF90 was mediocre at best, but it was not a big surprise: Ferrari´s "anniversary cars" always suck: SF90, F150, F60... The next year there isn´t any anniversary so it will be better!

9. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Well, that makes sense . . . :p:D;)

10. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    It's science.

11. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Ferrari makes great noise...and then flounders and flails their arms...and then makes excuses. The great car never seems to show up. Mercedes keeps their mouths shut and their noses to the grindstone and they win races. What Ferrari needs is to find a professional to run the team and keep the boys at FIAT out of the picture entirely. I think Toto Wolff would be a great choice for Ferrari...even without Hamilton.

william and jpalmito like this.
  12. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Except when the tyres don´t suit them. Or they want their engine...

Why do we always like to kick the one who is on the ground and praise the winner without the necessary nuances. Vae victis!

classic308 likes this.
  13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Vae victis indeed !
    It's a very competitive world these days,where people like winners.
    You are hero one day, and zero the next.

14. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    It´s not a competitive world. It´s the very shortsighted people of that world.

I´m not surprised that politicians always manage to stay afloat: we have fish memory.

15. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    My comment:

1. Italian News Papers need to just leave it alone... they are not designing the car. Italian News papers are not in charge.. should be given no credence.
    2. Ferrari need a better team principal - and need to import more Non Italians again. if you look at it its most successful period ever -was Todt, Brawn, Byrne, Schumacher... none of them Italians.
    3. ITS way too early to be thinking about what the new car will be like... internally they are still in design / construction phase
    4. Driver line up is fine. let Vettel sort him self out - or retire. if they want Hamilton they will have to have a superior car - Hamilton alone will not fix the car
    5. Camileri needs to be more lead from the front and take a more active role in guiding Ferrari. Ferrari need a strong personality leading them.

amerikalei and jpalmito like this.
  16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Italian newspapers criticising Ferrari reflect the public mood.
    When Ferrari don't perform to their expectation, the tifosi get depressed.
    The Italian media act on their behalf to put pressure on the Scuderia.
    A team that can master such a following, cannot ignore its fans: that's Ferrari's destiny.

17. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    I'm kicking Ferrari because they lost, when they could have and should have won.

DF1 and william like this.
  18. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I hope you kicked Mercedes too when their car was so useless and they were so lost that Pirelli had to change the tyres to help them.

But, now, oh, they look so perfect.

19. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Mercedes has risen above their weaknesses, recovering to win. I'm not happy that Ferrari lost...gave away victory...and I'm not going to make excuses for them. They blew it. More than once. Mercedes overcame their weaknesses by working harder.

DF1, jpalmito and william like this.
  20. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro

oh I get the whole rational... but Ferrari have to ignore it or else they will continue to fail. When The Old Man was alive - he was consumed by the papers and opinion... and made bad decisions based on that.... only when he had a good intermediary - Tavoni, Dragoni, Montezemolo did they win.

21. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    And by whinning.

Never underestimate the positive effects of threatening to leave 1/3 of the grid without engines.

stavura and classic308 like this.
  22. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

When you have this statistic - it is not about Mercedes and tires at all for Ferrari - "However, the organisation and execution of the race team has remained weak at times, while Sebastian Vettel and Leclerc have also contributed to missed opportunities, with 12 of the 21 grand prix weekends significantly affected by Ferrari's own errors."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/147568/binotto-ferrari-doesnt-need-severe-changes
    Binotto: Ferrari doesn't need severe changes to Formula 1 team

Mattia Binotto believes Ferrari is not in need of 'severe' changes to avoid the errors that cost the team several times during the 2019 Formula 1 season.

Former technical chief Binotto was made team principal of Ferrari at the start of 2019, replacing Maurizio Arrivabene, but had to wait until after the summer break to celebrate his first win in charge - with Charles Leclerc at Spa.

Ferrari's season was blighted by poor reliability, driver error and team mistakes, leaving it well behind Mercedes in the drivers' and constructors' championship.

However, reviewing the errors this season, Binotto said: "I think each single mistake, if you tackle it from a lesson learned point of view, you can improve yourself.

"I think there is nothing that has to be changed in terms of big changes, severely.

"I think it's a matter of experience.

"We always said we are a young team, especially in the roles, we are on a very steep learning curve.

"So it's really a matter of making sure that whatever happens this season has been addressed."

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ex-FIA man Laurent Mekies supports Binotto on the sporting side as head of track activities as well as sporting director.

However, the organisation and execution of the race team has remained weak at times, while Sebastian Vettel and Leclerc have also contributed to missed opportunities, with 12 of the 21 grand prix weekends significantly affected by Ferrari's own errors.

Ferrari looked like it would end the season on a high as its qualifying form enjoyed a massive upswing after the summer break, yielding six straight poles.

However that spike in performance led to huge scrutiny from its rivals, as well as technical directives from the FIA to eliminate any potential rule exploitation.

Ferrari's season ended with increasingly less competitive performances over the final three grands prix, and one podium - Leclerc's third place in Abu Dhabi - during that run.

"We should not forget that Mercedes brought an area package in Japan," said Binotto when asked by Autosport if he knew why Ferrari's season had a downturn in form at the end.

"Red Bull has improved as well.

23. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

They need a new Nigel stepney ( RIP) to rule the box.

24. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Hmm. Hardly an example of an exemplary member of the team, given that he was found to be selling technical secrets to Ferrari's main competitive rivals, fired in disgrace, and convicted of "sabotage, industrial espionage, sporting fraud and attempted serious injury" by the Italian courts. Any standing he had was obliterated by his criminal behavior.

All the best,
    Andrew.

Jakuzzi, fil and william like this.
  25. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I understand that he may have committed suicide in the end ?

Jakuzzi likes this.