Lewis and ferrari talks | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Lewis and ferrari talks

Discussion in 'F1' started by Jackie and bill, Nov 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    But also unreliable and incomplete. All teams have to work continously in correlation between windtunnel, simulation and real cars; how many times have we heard that a car is not working as the team expected.

I suppose that these days simulation is good enough for set up work but not for development. That also minimizes the work of the driver and the team at the track, making harder to compensate the performance differences with the ability for fine tunning.

ChadR likes this.
  2. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    Simulators might be the only way you drive an ICE in the coming years the way how things going.

A 50k retailed simulator with hydraulics to feel g force doesn't feel too bad. Could be realer, but feels okay.

Ferrari won the esports f1 series I heard right?

3. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    Okay, what do the high end simulators simulate? Actual car performance and predict failures or just to prepare drivers for the race?

4. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Oh they are definitely a compromise, no argument. And just a part of a drivers training.
    I think part of their value is in learning the different tracks because they don’t get to train at all 20+ of them.
    It’s probably less valuable in something like nascar.

ChadR and william like this.
  5. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Jackie and bill and I'm 360 Canuck, escalating attacks against each other in posts #157 to #171.

Jackie and bill, multiple prior bans. 3 months ban.

I'm 360 Canuck, no prior history found, should have reported offensive posts. 1 month ban.

6. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    Wow, both had some interesting points also, it's all good though.

I can tell you this much. There was an online competition gran turismo had a few years ago, Not sure if it's still happening, where they took the fastest lap times and turned some young kids into gt racers. I think they drove a gran turismo sponsored race spec GTR or 370z... but apparently the guys did well overall, first time in an actual race.

Gran turismo is pretty affordable, and guys were hooking it up to full racing rigs to learn tracks and practice.

I stepped into a racing rig a couple times weeks ago, and I was fast. But I don't get that "racing on the edge" sense. There's that adrenaline rush. So training a driver is not as difficult as once.

You can pull up a couple youtube videos claiming that theyre racing verstappen on iRacing I think.

7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I thibnk I'm 360 canuck was pretty cool considering the low level displayed by jackie and Bill, can't see any reason to ban him....

stavura and Nortonious like this.
  8. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    agreed.

9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    No, not well at all....

10. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I thought the Bollywood joke was pretty funny.

furoni likes this.
  11. Image Unavailable, Please Login

".....God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference." ;)

:)

william likes this.
  12. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    I think Ferrari gave Lewis this year's championship. They just failed too often. I'm not saying Lewis isn't good, however his performance the second half of this season was not Lewis at his best. Michael and Ferrari won and won and won and won and won...and then suddenly it was over, for both of them. When I watched Lewis this year, and he did some great drives, I just didn't feel everything was there as in years past. That to me is the sign that the hill has been crested. Perhaps for both him and Mercedes. Red Bull also had four unbeatable years with Vettel...and then it all went "poof" and disappeared. I think there is a good chance the Lewis will tie Michael...not a sure thing but a good chance. I think it might be a lot harder to win the 8th. He is getting physically and mentally (emotionally) old for the sport.

william likes this.
  13. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I am of the same opinion. I can see that wins will be harder to get for both Hamilton and Mercedes from now on.
    I would say it was inevitable; Red Bull and Ferrari are able to challenge their supremacy now.

14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Ferrai made it easier for sure, and having the FIA and stewards in their pocket made the other half...ahh, and Pirelli gave them a big help with those tyres....

15. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Adrian Thompson, Surfah and william like this.
  16. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  17. "Life's just a game. Fly your paper plane. There is no end."
    Thunderclap Newman

:)

18. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    That's something we were talking about last week. Things started to go south with Schumacher and the '10s is the worst era of F1 ever. For whatever reason, it's too much difficult to break winning streaks now. That must be poison for TV ratings.

19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    ..But at least Michael was a truly special driver , one that could win in a lesser car, wich is far from what we have with elton and seb...

21. And the advent of the the engine being a stressed member of the chassis, wings, ground effects, etc., etc., etc.......
    F1 has been the precipice of auto racing.
    Why does that offend so many? If it doesn't "float your boat", there are many other venues to "entertain".... ;)

22. Understood.

'Difference being, I don't wear the red shaded glasses.

william likes this.
  23. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003

I don't know what you're talking about. Please, elaborate.

24. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Well, I enjoyed that era, but I suppose most didn't, guess why. Yet I would remember those years with more fondness if it it had been an exception in F1 history.

Now it seems that if you don't win 4 or 5 times in a row you're average. Stewart was one of the greats with just two, but now he looks little more than a Button or a Raikkonen.

william likes this.