812 VS Rumors | Page 47 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I enjoy hearing people’s perspectives and then tracking which come to fruition and which go to zero. I also enjoy keeping my pulse on the market.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    You played it beautifully from a financial perspective, including selling your tdf at the top of the market.

Unfortunately, we didn’t purchase our first Ferrari until 2011. As a result, the wallet has taken body blows on most of our Ferraris - especially the ones we purchased new via Tailor Made. It’s been a lot of fun but our family is hitting the pause button.

montpellier and Thecadster like this.
  3. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Ehh I missed the top by 12 months and 250k. I was close. 812s will be 200k soon enough. Keep your powder dry and in 3 years you will have the pick of the litter at cents on the dollar. Anyone who has played the game has blown hundreds of thousands - it used to feel like their was a purpose/ it no longer feels that way for me. No wrongs at the end of the day- just opportunity cost.

Caeruleus11 and Bundy like this.
  4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

I doubt Zondas will come under pressure. That market seems to be able to just keep adding $3/4/5m car every few months without selling.

5. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Bugatti is so glad to have me on their list now.
    Ferrari on the other hand insisted me to buy Roma to keep the juices going for other limited whatever.

I am done playing with Ferrari policy.
    I will be happy with tdf for a long long time and my son will be too if he learns how to drive.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

themediocore, Shack and Roland1688 like this.
  6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Funny how Mac raised the bar for performance only to have Ferrari follow with the Pista and F8 and now they do a 180 and announce a car that goes against the current trend. Just watch how the other follow again.

7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Isn’t a pagani just a kit car? Is it sustainable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  8. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Pagani found its niche. As much as I bashed them at first for having a merc engine, people have been lusting for them, probably more than they do a Ferrari. It's crazy to think that some of them are worth half a McLaren F1.

These owners obviously have very deep pockets. I'd say they are maybe one level under the 250 GTO owner. But to be comfortable spending $5m to $7m on one tells me they wont need to sell unless the offer is much higher than what they paid.

Pagani is doing an amazing job cultivating the brand. It seems like every other month, there is some sort of pagani event going on.

9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Until theyre down 70 percent from highs

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Why would it happen? And if it does, why pagani only?

11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Not saying them specifically.

12. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Pagani is a work of art. Beautiful in every respect from suspension to exhaust to gauges, it seems a work of art begging to be displayed.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Gh21631 likes this.
  13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I agree from front to back they are incredible.

14. Doug23

Doug23 Karting

Jun 23, 2017
    Italy
    Twin spark with prechamber?

15. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Cylinder On Demand tech.....you will have 2 cars for the price of one, a V6 and a V12 :D:D;)

16. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Unless I am mistaken, I do not believe that the US government has passed any exhaust noise limits on a federal level. So far, I believe the EU is the only administration to go down this route. There are laws at the state level but these laws only apply to aftermarket exhausts. If the car comes stock and exceeds the dB threshold then it remains legal.

I do not believe this would ever get passed on a federal level. There are way too many gear heads in this country and not enough complainers asking for this change. I have never once heard someone say “Gee! I really wish they would pass a law that makes those loud cars and bikes illegal!” There are so many things people complain about in this country, but loud exhausts are not amongst those things.

Finally, this would directly limit individual freedom to express oneself. There are so many other outrageous (and offensive) ways that people are allowed to legally express themselves in this country. I will not get into them, but let’s just say that cars/bikes with loud exhausts should be and are the least of anyone’s concern. Try telling all the Harley enthusiasts in this country that all their bikes have been outlawed because they’re too noisy. That would not go over well. Now imagine telling all the import fans, muscle car guys, truck guys, exotic lovers, nascar fanatics etc... that they their lifelong passions are now illegal. Not gonna happen.

Everything is OK in moderation, at the right place and the right time. I would agree that some of the things that I listed above are very annoying and I could do without them in my life. But I’m not going to tell someone else what they can and cannot do unless it directly infringes on the rights of others. Loud exhausts do not.

If you’re gonna limit exhaust noise level, then you might as well outlaw rock concerts. Want to go to a sporting event... well you better learn how to golf clap and whisper. Hell, why not just make raising your voice and yelling illegal, that makes sense doesn’t it?

You want to limit pollution... fine I can get behind that. But don’t you dare limit my freedom to express myself.

Before I get the argument that we must be considerate towards those who live near roadways, must I remind you that this is a free market and real estate values directly reflect this fact? There is a reason that a house near a busy freeway or airport sells for a significant discount to a comparable house built in a private neighborhood. If you don’t want noise pollution... then don’t live near noise pollution. Also, there are many roads where it is specifically illegal to engine break in certain residential areas. There are also speed limits. This is more than sufficient enough to keep the peace in heavily residential areas and doesn’t go to the extreme of owning any one thing illegal altogether.

Now back to our normal programming... this is getting really interesting. Can’t wait to see what they have done to this engine!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

deltona, Caeruleus11, day355 and 3 others like this.
  17. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Can anybody guess the Fiornao lap time in advance?

18. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    48v, mild hybrid?

mthompson2376 and jpalmito like this.
  19. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    1'18"8 - to be slightly faster than the SF90 Stradale (which is already officially faster than the LaFerrari); the 812 VS will have less power than the SF90 but it will be lighter. Anyway these Fiorano times are made up by Ferrari's marketing department, it will be more interesting to have verified figures on other tracks but that's probably years away (even for the SF90).

Gh21631 likes this.
  20. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    we can imagine some possible scenario regarding the 812 vs. here all possible standards are considered at their extreme. and these are not fact but fictitious.
    lightweght.? total carbonfiber body on aluminium chassis? kerb weight 1250-1300kg (is that impossible to achieve?)
    stripped down interior? roll bar?
    engine power close to 850-870/ 900 hp with ''innovative technology"?
    more beautiful design compared with the standard car?
    In a nutshell a road going front-engined xx car?

F140C and Caeruleus11 like this.
  21. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Could be something more "new", added to the known V12 engine. Only rumors, of course (maybe they were only a joke, who knows), but I'm very curious to learn if they will be true or not. And no fuel cells, of course!

Ciao

Doug23 likes this.
  22. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    What a tease !

23. Hex

Hex Karting

May 1, 2009
    So would you guys say this car is about two years away?

24. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Murray quoted that the fan is strong enough to suck the car to the ceiling

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

25. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    It is definitely ugly enough to suck the beauty out of the whole back end.