Ferrari ROMA | Page 67 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    #1651 ohno, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    No problem! Everyone of us makes little mistakes everyday... very good article from one of the best car magazines. Thank you! I think we should believe Franco Cimatti when he says that it was pininfarina who invented the (famous) aero bridges, which are the best detail of this car. Why should he tell us lies... i see no reason.
    And Pininfarina had already presented a similar solution with the C-pillar of the 599 GTB Fiorano years before. Andrea Militello probably picked up this idea of the aero bridges in his first design sketches.

2. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    #1652 ohno, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    Good comment! Thanks a lot! But in my opinion almost every Ferrari looks better in reality than in pics. The proportions of such a car have to be seen in real life! And this is especially true for the brand's elegant GT vehicles.

Caeruleus11 and Bundy like this.
  3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I'd love to see a photo showing a Roma parked next to an 812 Superfast, just for comparison.

Marcel Massini

RamsHmb, Bundy, llk and 1 other person like this.
  4. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    That is simply gorgeous. A mature and sophisticated expression of Ferraris design language, as opposed to whats been coming out the past ~10 years which look like high school teenagers designed them.

Graz, SAT4RE, Pawilly and 5 others like this.
  5. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    We will see that the Roma is looking better...;)

500tr, XDINO and llk like this.
  6. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    It's very elegant and very beautiful but it lacks personality, a typical Aston Martin!

7. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    The ROMA may look more elegant, especially from the front, but the 812 looks like a real Ferrari, you will probably feel like that, an Aston parking next to una Ferrari :).

8. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    You will provide that photo, surely it won't take long for you to see both cars together. And/or with an F12 would be equally interesting.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    We know that YOU have a problem with the look of this car. YOU expected something that is more unique and looks more like a „true“ Ferrari. I have not the same problem like you but a big problem with the new Porsche Taycan: I liked the concept so much and was very disappointed when I saw the production car, although I think it is not ugly. But I must accept that many people like the Taycan! For me the exterior of this Porsche has been done without any courage and they killed the beautiful concept. But for many people this is in fact no argument not to like and to buy it. Well, it seems for me that the Roma is your personal “Taycan Moment“...

Graz and Astrid.Didier like this.
  10. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Would love to see one side-by-side with a 456. This design seems like a more modern version of that car... and that is a very good thing to my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

G. Pepper, Bundy and tomc like this.
  11. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Come on that car is gorgeous and the proportions particularly look good on this angle. Only thing that would make it look better is me in the front seat.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 and llk like this.
  12. Bee Cave

Bee Cave Rookie

Mar 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dan Cornish
    Does a 330gtc or 250 look like a Ferrari?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

13. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    I hope the Portofino stays w the hardtop. Softops are terrible in South Florida. Rain leaks and easy breakin.

The next MB SL is rumoured to be a soft top. Portofino here I come.

Sent from my H8314 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Caeruleus11 and tomc like this.
  14. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    I like the Taycan, in fact it looks a lot better than the Panemra! and I love electric cars, I have no problem with electric cars but I hate the cheap interior of the Tesla ! hhha
    I think the Porsche Taycan is a must have as my first future electric car! maybe in another 5 or 7 years.

15. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    I know what u mean, the truth is the Ferrari ROMA is lacking personalty, it's very beautiful, also looks very elegant especially from the front, but It belong to Another manufacturer, probably it's Aston Martin,

One thing and the ROMA can look 100% perfect, give it the {ASTON-MARTIN} badge on its rear glass instead of {F E R R A R I} and it will be my fav car ;)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. lucasines

lucasines Karting

Apr 22, 2016
    Paris
    Full Name:
    Gilles
    Good idea,

Aston Martin use to put on their badge on another cars :)

F1 Aston Martin Red bull Honda
    Only the sponsor badge is from Aston on this F1

Toyota IQ Aston Martin :)

Ferrari F1 is a real Ferrari :) Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login :)

17. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario

of2worlds, Caeruleus11, Graz and 2 others like this.
  18. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    well, after seeing the side comparison by MDEL (thank you very much, well done), I have to say that this car is very nice: a real "Granturismo". One hundred times better looking than the FF/Lusso. Ten times better looking than the 812S (but the new VS will be much better looking than the S, this is not a very difficult goal to achieve...). Looks like a modern and better looking 456GT.

Still looks at my eyes like an Aston, I still think this one should have been the new Maserati Alfieri, but it's a great looking elegant and classy car indeed

ciao

19. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Right on the stairs of Piazza do Spagna? I’ve seen some dodgy parkings living in Rome but this beats them all...

of2worlds and MDEL like this.
  20. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
  21. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Roma is clearly trying to open a new niche for Ferrari, so it has a bit of a different styling language. It definitely has similarities to Aston, but I think it just looks more Italian. I also think they successfully took some of the Monza styling and brought it to a more attainable vehicle.

I would like to see the Roma in person before making a decision, but I think overall Roma is good looking! Whats amazing to me is Ferrari is showing they can "walk and chew gum" at the same time (meaning doing two different things).

SAT4RE and Bundy like this.
  22. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    You are absolutely right Jerry and the picture below is the best proof…..

of2worlds, G. Pepper and Caeruleus11 like this.