488 Pista Spider Picture Thread | Page 38 | FerrariChat

488 Pista Spider Picture Thread

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Lukeylikey, Aug 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Jacques -

Identical model path to me except I had a GTC and 812 and GTS inbound. I thought the 458 SA was close to perfection and I loved mine, sadly whilst able to afford these lovely cars I cannot afford to be blind to the market and felt (rightly) after 3 years and 2000 miles that my SA was fully valued (£550 approx) and I exited. I think that and the Mac 675 LT Spider are the finest cars I ever owned but the SA feels “slow” and low torque now, amazing really as only a 5/6 year old model.

I think the Pista Spider is better on all measures than the SA and much quicker but for sure weak sound, less analogue and less exciting. So yes partially. IMHO. A wonderful car.

I really enjoyed my Summer in a manual ceramic brake Porsche Boxster Spider, was really fun and minimum fuss. Though I did look like a hairdresser.

I think the Mac 720 LT Spider (assume 750 Bhp) will be epic. And now Ferraris also drop like a stone the Macs look more tempting.

I am hoping the 812 GTS is epic but am nervous re scuttle shake and GPF/sound.

I am a keen golfer so I like a trunk.

of2worlds likes this.
  2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I don't know. It may be that there is some element in the exhaust system that needs a certain number of heat cycles to open up/ break in? I can only tell you my experience. I drove the car for 20 miles before it was covered in clear protective film. I returned from the drive very happy, my appetite whetted for more, but, when a fellow Pista owner asked what I thought- I said- wow, deeply impressive car, I think I love it, but the sound is just too quiet, and he said, give it time, it breaks in. He said it happened with his car in around 150 miles. So I didn't really believe him, I thought the same thing as you. But, as it turns out, somehow something in the exhaust breaks in and the car does sound better after some miles. And the car is really spectacular. I think its a masterpiece- sorry for being so over the top about how wonderful it is- its just that they've done it again! Its almost like magic!

(I know its not, but it feels like it!)

leopoldo and of2worlds like this.
  3. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Thank you for taking the time to respond, I appreciate.

I am sure that the pista spider will be a fantastic car, faster and higher torque will be epic. Having lost most of my hair, no chance to look like a hairdresser so let the good wind flow!

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  4. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    1,400 miles now on our Pista Spider and for the first time had both the Pista and the Speciale on the track at the same time just yesterday.

Honestly cannot say if the sound has changed but honestly I love the sound of the Pista. Not to mention the car is absolutely the best street car I have ever driven on the track. I parked my Speciale after a round in the Pista. Here is my wife in the car -

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    thanks and congratulations for the driver :) ! .. but I think you prefer the sound of the speciale , isn’t it?

6. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    That will look perfect at the drive up at McDonalds.

SoCal to az, Boomhauer, Rrr1 and 2 others like this.
  7. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Maybe not; that paint looks like Rosso Mugello not Rosso Corsa. :D

Shadowfax likes this.
  8. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013