Official Magnum P.I. thread... | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Official Magnum P.I. thread...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by RedNeck, Sep 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    The one and only.

Just had a bit part and it wasn't set up in a way that he will be coming back, or at least it didn't appear that way.

G. Pepper likes this.
  2. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I'm going to guess it was the Did you see the sunrise episode with Ivan.

3. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Not the one.

I remember it so well because I recorded it and put it on my "Ferrari Mix" tape. It had one of those Ferrari scenes that as a 15 year old, I watch over and over again. So many times that I remember seeing the sign for the hotel that, looking back on now, seems very much like intentional advertising. They had to use their parking lot to finish the scene.

4. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Can you give me any kind of hint about the Ferrari scene?

5. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    yep

I was excited because it showed a lot of the inside while he was in that chase scene. Probably the most of the entire series.

6. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    15 year old girl??? I believe that was where TM’s kids basketball team plays against TC’s team. I remember TM dropping her off at a hotel but she told a story and did not live there but in a foster home. ...is that the episode?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    In a way, you are very close.

But that isn't the one

8. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I'm going to throw out one more guess and say the mixed doubles episode with Kim Richards.

9. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
  10. Raconteur

Raconteur F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2015
    Portlandia, OR
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I just received mine! Thanks to those who shared the info!!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

FYI to others interested in a purchase from the Etsy seller in the UK. TERRIBLE communications.

Here's my experience:
    Automated shipment notification without a tracking number.
    One week past expected delivery date, I PM'ed inquiring about status.
    Response: "DHL must have lost it. Would you like a refund or a replacement?"
    Replacement please.
    Two more weeks go by. "Have you shipped and do you have the tracking number?"
    Response: "I will provide the tracking information as soon as it's available."
    No response for another week.
    The shirt arrives at the house the week after. I was just about to ask for a refund... Total time ~ 5 weeks.

G. Pepper likes this.
  11. azzurribaggio

azzurribaggio Formula Junior

"good things come to those who wait"

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Raconteur likes this.
  12. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Tonight's episode: a small scene and some lines straight out of the original pilot. No accident and I saw it coming from a mile away.

Nice touch. I wish they would do more of these little nods to the original series for old guys like me in the know.

G. Pepper likes this.
  13. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Looking forward to seeing this. I've been watching the show on demand I'm up to episode 9 now.

14. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Wife and I watch this show...really like it...and Hawaii 5-0 which they are doing a cross over between the 2 for the next episode...pretty cool to me.

15. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Personally, the writing can be better. I realize this is all make believe in the first place but they are too quick to solve problems with unrealistic solutions.

For example, I suppose Rick could have a contact with a helicopter in another part of the planet right when and where they need one - but let's not draw on that eye rolling possibility in every episode. Its absurd.

But that whole hot wiring a modern Mercedes ******** like it was a 68 Impala in just a few seconds....

Please.

PhilNotHill likes this.
  16. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    But at least they are drawing off the original series with small scenes, lines and characters. That is a big plus.

Wonder if Magnum is gonna shoot THIS Ivan in the face?

17. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Aww spoiler alert LOL! I agree with what you said about things being figured out unrealistically. Higgins seems to be able to figure out everything and track anyone with her laptop. Still enjoy watching I just think of it as a new show not the original but of course it is hard not to compare the two.

18. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    That too. Wait until you see what she can pull up on that laptop in this last episode. It is getting to the point of just stupid now.

Lazy writing. No more digging up clues to move forward - which is the WHOLE POINT of a detective show isn't it? It just a character logging in and pulling up the instant answer anywhere, anytime on anything.

This last one was difficult to watch with the abundance of ridiculous shortcuts and absurd luck around every corner.

This could be much better if someone gave a ****.

PhilNotHill likes this.
  19. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    I agree: even getting connectivity in that part of the world would be tough. And how does she still have access to MI6 info? Should have been revoked as soon as she quit.
    But I can live with all that. Where I draw the line, like Dr. Tommy Cosgrove, is hot-wiring a modern car. It's got tons of anti-theft equipment and you need a key that was programmed for that car. And what about the steering-wheel lock?

But I will still watch it for entertainment.

20. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    First episode where Magnum gets shoved off a cliff in the 308, Jumps on the hood of a military deuce and a half as they both sail to the bottom of the canyon but magically catches a ride on the skid of TC’s helicopter to safety should have been the first clue that the new show might lack plausibility.

Could possibly be overlooked if they chose to bring the 308 back regularly!:)

G. Pepper likes this.
  21. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Of course.

I just chalked it off to a new show extravaganza.

Hard to draw a line between what is acceptable non reality and what isn't on movie and TV. I expect ******** with Star Wars etc and I expect a bit of nonsense with TV shows because they are squeezing in a story in 41 minutes so corners must be cut but at some point it gets where I just cannot enjoy it anymore. When Peter Parker walks up the side of a wall, I expect it. He is supposed to.

But laptops should have there limits when I'm not watching Ironman.

The current Hollywood is no long interested in producing any level of quality. They want to spit out the cheapest fastest product and milk the **** out of it for commercial sales and syndication. I get that too but they could at least TRY a little when they are scripting. I mean, just a little.

Remember The Rockford Files? It was entertainment watching Jim zero in on the perp. That show had its moments too, but at least the effort was there to watch a detective figure something out.

My plot prediction for the rest of the season: Magnum needs to find someone, Higgins instantly finds them on her laptop from a spy satellite walking around in real time and Rick thru some astounding coincidence just happens to know someone right there, right then, makes a call and the case is solved.

308 milano likes this.
  22. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Rockford was the best one of my all-time favorites. I watched the episode where the investigator played by William Forsythe gets shot and there is a scene where Magnum walks up to a suspect working on his 57 Chevy. The front of the car is clearly shown and Magnum asks the guy if it is a 55 and the guy says no it is a 56. Definate lack of detail I'm pretty sure even a lot of people who aren't into cars can regonize a 57 Chevy it is pretty iconic especially the front end.

23. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I absolutely LOVED the Rockford Files.

In case you missed it, I posted this thread a while back. Interesting coincidences

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/did-the-rockford-files-foreshadow-magnum-pi-without-knowing-it.531067/

24. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    I guess I will start off the comments on the cross-over:
    1. Positive
    Showed a lot of creativity
    Lots of new hook-up possibilities (if you like that kind of thing)
    2. Negative
    Lots of new hook-up possibilities (getting to be a soap opera)
    Can't believe that HPD and 5-0 don't know each other; everybody knew McGarret but nobody else knew anybody

25. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I wish they would consult me about the characters.

That guy they met to get the SD card from need to be Fat Jack. His truck needs Fat Jacks on the side.

More fun throwback to those who would appreciate it. And it's free to do, the producers should love that.