488 - Ferrari Dealer MSRP Overcharge on new PISTA | Page 2 | FerrariChat

488 Ferrari Dealer MSRP Overcharge on new PISTA

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Sirt2k, Dec 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    This is fraud if it was passed to you as MSRP and truly not +45k worth in "other options" you opted for and received with the car (or some other mutually agreed upon arrangement/bargain)

The dealer better be coming up with a good plan to make you whole if the story is as said, otherwise I would probably ring the attorney...punitive damages time. I would not even consider a 45k credit towards a future purchase with the same dealer (again if the story is true), but just my opinion

2. Ryan13

Ryan13 Karting

Jan 21, 2015
    Alberta
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Ferrari of Alberta?

3. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    The defendant likely won't choose to go forward. Send them a lawyer letter
    This could easily be 3x of the 45k. The dealer has so much to lose.

Don't worry about the dealership relationship. The fact you got ripped off after you bought so many cars from them says so much about this stupid loyalty concept to a car dealership. You are essentially just a ATM to them.

They should fork out more than just 45k, which is just peanut. I say sue them. They will settle for more than 45k. You should net more than 45k after lawyer share. The most important thing is that they likely won't do it to other customers.

LVP488 and Ryan13 like this.
  4. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    FWIW, I agree with leaving the dealer name undisclosed, at least for now. This situation has unusual complexity. It might well be the case that there is more to the story, and OP is wise to not open himself up to counterclaims. Plus, were the dealer name revealed, the dealer likely has less motivation to write the check rather than more. That might seem incongruous at first glance, but were their reputation already damaged, they might look at the $45,000 as a means for offsetting the sunk cost, and dig their heels in accordingly.

sampelligrino likes this.
  5. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I would demand that they write you a check for $45k plus the taxes on it, and wouldn't give up until I got it.

Thecadster likes this.