308 GT4 color? | FerrariChat

308 GT4 color?

Discussion in '308/328' started by boxcarracer, Dec 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boxcarracer

boxcarracer Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Disassembly has started on a euro 74 308 GT4 which has been painted several times in red, but removal of the window trims reveals some gold color underneath.
    Was this some sort of primer that was used at the factory, or could this car have been originally gold (oro chiaro?). The PO mentioned that the original color is blu Dino metalizzato but we're not seeing any traces of blue anywhere.
    Thanks in advance
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Oro chiaro?

3. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    So you bought faves car?

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Gold was a pretty common color. Not a primer. Strip some areas in the door jambs and even the interior where it would have been painted to see if you find blue. I suspect you already know what color it was originally though.

absostone likes this.
  5. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Will there be a restoration thread?

hoping! hoping!

sjd

6. boxcarracer

boxcarracer Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    My friend wanted to post an update on this project by posting a link to his Instagram page which is being updated as work progresses.
    He's not a shop so will not monetize in any way by doing so, and as far as I know, you can't even monetize from a simple IG page.
    We thought this would be a more efficient way of showing what's going on instead of spending time copy/pasting the same info to various forums.
    As a result, he was banned LOL! We therefore won't be posting any updates on the work being performed on this Dino.

7. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    I find that odd, as many of us have IG pages - and have shared these links, in other posts. Instinct tells me there's more to this than simply sharing an IG page.