Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 127 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Curios thing is tho....Chevy Corvette seems to be able to do it....NA, V8 pushrod, no turbo, no GPF, no hybrid; 0-62 mph < 3.0 sec, top speed > 180 mph, and all this joy for < $80K, even in convertible form. Amazing.

2. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    That had me curious and go to Uncle Google. Looks like the C8 won't meet the new euro regs without GPF....and it's still at the end of the day a Corvette FWIW. I would take the F8 over the C8, I would take the F8 over 4 C8s lol

Dicecal likes this.
  3. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    How can you have 40 questions out of 80 related to sound?

Count me in the camp that sound or how good/loud it sounds is a minor thing to me (and I have a speciale with capristo and had f12 with IPE). There's so much more to these cars then sound. I'm not banging up to the limiter on each shift in a drive (not possible to even do so with traffic, traffic lights, etc.).

I'd rather have good sound inside the car (entertainment to me) rather then the outside (entertainment to others).

Dicecal and Coincid like this.
  4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    It pulls a very good 0-60 mph (due to gearing and tyres mostly), but above that speed it's nothing special. At the 0-100 mph dash it is about 1'' slower than the Speciale. I like the C8 very much indeed, but this is not Ferrari performance territory. Not to mention that the GPF is mandatory in Europe.

Dicecal likes this.
  5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Simple solution to that dilemma.

ScottS likes this.
  6. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    not possible because you are expecting a woman not to speak. :) lol

(go ahead and ban me for that ha!)

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.
  7. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I thought only for direct injection engines....I admit I am no expert on this tho

8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Cosworth say that they could avoid the GPF on the Valkyrie by choosing port injection. There is a limit though in ppm emissions though.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Man I have 3 CCTV cameras on mine , doesn't pass a day no matter where I am and have a look :)

of2worlds and sampelligrino like this.
  10. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    When I picked up my 430 spider from the dealer, my friend and I left with the top down. The on ramp is right next to the dealership onto the highway. It was a cloverleaf that went under the overpass. I will never forget hearing that first sound of my car echoing off the walls. It sent chills down my spine. After a 150 mile ride home, my friend called me the next day. He said he left something in my car. I told him I didn't see anything. He then said "I left my soul". That is what a Ferrari should be all about

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

racerdj, tekaefixe, ScottS and 5 others like this.
  11. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Saw a You Tube last night , launching , Clearly shows reving to 8,100 rpm before changing gears

12. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    link?

13. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    That’s probably the drag times video, was posted on another thread. Another test drive video...

14. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
  15. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    That issue has been settled. Many videos confirm this fact.

16. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Just received the Ferrari brochures about both Pista and F8 - I plan to study them carefully to try and get some picture of the differences between the two cars ;)
    Just having a very quick look at the technical specs, I noticed that the F8 has a trunk that's 30 liters more than the Pista's (not really surprising, the Pista having a more extreme implementation of the S-duct) ... and that the F8 has worse consumption and emissions figures (that's probably a first, that the newer car does not improve in these respects - I suspect that the infamous GPF did nothing to help the F8).

17. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Probably because it's been measured on the new, stricter, WLTP cycle.

of2worlds likes this.
  18. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The Pista figures are also reported to be according to WLTP.

19. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Glad to hear the GPF is well worth the downsides that come with it.... lol what a friggin joke

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

20. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    You don't seem to understand the purpose of the GPF. It has nothing to do with CO2.

21. ferrarifanatic25

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    I would assume it has to do with particles that are bad for the environment?

Regardless of what the GPF actually does, you must see the irony in the fact that the new car set up to meet new emissions standards actually emits more greenhouse gasses than the old hardcore car that wasn’t? You gotta admit there’s some pretty hysterical irony going on in this situation.

22. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    No, it has to do with the carbon particles that kill our lungs and cause cancer. Nothing to do with the greenhouse effect and CO2. Diesel engines emit even less CO2 (which is just an inert gas, harmless to humans), but much more deadly pollution (NOx and particles). Usually, when an engine gets cleaner, it consumes a bit more (less lean combustion) and thus emits more CO2.

23. ferrarifanatic25

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Holy cow! That was way more technical a response than I was hoping for. Please dumb it down for idiots like me.

So correct me if I’m wrong, but what you’re saying is that cars without GPF cause cancer and anyone who drives a car without a GPF is constantly spreading cancer to the general public? Maybe I’ll just start walking everywhere. Wouldn’t want to inadvertently cause cancer.

24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Condescension is not helping the progress of the dialogue.

Cars without GPF, especially diesels and DI, emit more carcinogenic particles. That's a fact.

tekaefixe likes this.