Red Bull F1 | Page 16 | FerrariChat

Red Bull F1

Discussion in 'F1' started by NEP, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

+1

The irony is Gen Millennials are the most contradicted generation.
    They do the right thing by not using single use plastic water bottles, but then use a disposable phone or car or Uber with excessive cobalt mining requirements.

daytona355 and Bas like this.
  2. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Jos thinks he is the one driving.

daytona355 and DF1 like this.
  3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Christian Horner, Helmut Marko and Jos Verstappen; they deserve each other !!

DF1 likes this.
  4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

So its just all about Max and his effort for 'youngest ever' F1 WDC LOL - :) https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/146460/marko-honda-will-match-mercedes-ferrari-in-20

Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko believes Honda will make developments over the winter that will make it equal to Ferrari and Mercedes for the 2020 Formula 1 season.

Honda took its first win since returning to F1 in 2015 at this year's Austrian Grand Prix. Its reliability has also significantly improved, despite an aggressive development programme that has included an extra upgrade compared to its rivals and high use of engines.

Red Bull has also been steadily developing its aerodynamic package over the season, and it has played a part in F1's leading three teams going head-to-head in recent races.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with Autosport, Marko said: "From the chassis side, I think we will be much better prepared than this year.

"And the development which is going on at Honda makes us believe that next year we will be on the same power level like Mercedes and Ferrari, consistently."

Marko added that Honda's true potential has been held back by mapping concerns. He believes the issue will not be repeated in 2020.

"I think they [Honda] are doing a great job, and we have to do it step by step," Marko said.

"We know in the past they had big reliability problems and they were worried, but so far we didn't have any engine problems at all this season.

"I think they are doing the right things and the right job. We believe next year we won't be third."

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Max Verstappen's father, Jos, recently warned that Red Bull had to make sizeable changes to avoid a "lost year" in 2020.

When Marko was asked if he viewed 2020 as a crucial year, he said: "I wouldn't say it's crucial.

"It's the last year where we can make Max the youngest champion in Formula 1, and we have to deliver, yes.

"But we know that, and it's part of our DNA. "We have to win, yes. It's not crucial, it's a must."

5. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    Sign the Hulk for a one year deal. If Max goes to Ferrari or Mercedes in 2021 who is leading the team? Certainly not Gasly or Kvyat. Maybe Albon? May need a seasoned vet there to help transition into 2021.

6. DF1

Shut Jos up first lol :) I can see Max waiting 1 more year......then leaving

william likes this.
  7. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I'd ban him from the paddock.

DF1 and william like this.
  8. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    What’s all this “we” talk? Is Jos a driver or a key part of the team or just a dad hanging out in the garage irritating everyone working there? Kind of like the overbearing dad at a baseball game second guessing the coach during every play.

william likes this.
  9. DF1

A “Dance Mom” lol :D

Nortonious and william like this.
  10. DF1

I think this is honest and also a polite jab at Max in a way. Albon is a good racer it appears. Will make a good driver at Ferrari :) Certainly at Mercedes possibly.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/146865/hamilton-hopes-red-bull-doesnt-pit-albon-out

Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton says he hopes Red Bull doesn't 'spit out' Alex Albon as he has a "bright future" in Formula 1 after the duo battled in Mexico.

Albon graduated from Formula 2 into a Toro Rosso seat for this year - having initially signed a Formula E deal with Nissan - and then replaced an ailing Pierre Gasly in the Red Bull team alongside Max Verstappen from Spa following the F1 summer break.

Hamilton was behind Albon in the early stages of the Mexican Grand Prix, until Albon pitted early on a two-stop strategy as Hamilton turned a one-stop into a race win.

After racing in close quarters for the first time, Hamilton said he was impressed with how well Albon has done in his rookie year, particularly against Max Verstappen who has been "built up onto a pedestal".

"He was driving really well, not making any, or too many mistakes," said Hamilton of Albon.

"I think this year has been...it's a real challenge to go up against a driver [Verstappen] that's been spoken so highly of by so many people and built up onto a pedestal.

"And to come in so young, and with all the difficulties he's had in his life as well - his life story is quite an interesting one - against all adversity.

"It was quite cool to just sit and view him for a second.

"He pitted very early, I'm not quite exactly sure why but they obviously then went onto the two-stop strategy and I didn't really see him again after that.

"But he's got a bright future ahead of him. I hope Red Bull give him the support over the years.

"It's very, very important because they often spit drivers out pretty quick if they don't always do the job.

"I hope they're good to him."

zygomatic and william like this.
  11. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    The Hulk back in the picture?

12. DF1

Honda has committed to staying in Formula 1 until at least the 2021 season after extending its deal with Red Bull by one more year.

As reported by Autosport earlier this week, Honda must cut its spending in order to secure the long-term future of its F1 programme.

It was waiting for the publication of F1's range of new regulations for 2021 before pushing forward with a decision, so it could begin evaluating the cost of being part of the next rules cycle.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/147369/honda-commits-to-formula-1-for-at-least-2021

13. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    Well, they've used 24 engines thus far this season between two teams, in an effort to be competitive. If they themselves can work within the regulations, they could end up spending less!

14. DF1

Yes and what is the realistic target of expenditure The Board will allow. This is a tentative situation for Honda. F1 has much to lose. The uncertainty of the next generation of F1 machines vs makers vs the type of car it should be will be interesting. E - is here to stay. That is reality for F1.

15. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    stavura, DF1 and 375+ like this.
  16. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I have no idea what's going on with that trophy . . . . :eek::rolleyes:o_O

Giallo 550 and william like this.
  17. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    stavura and pilotoCS like this.
  18. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    crinoid likes this.
  19. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
    It has more appeal than what Alex Albon is holding.

crinoid likes this.
  20. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It's a work of art made of recycled old coat hangers created by the inmate of a mental institution... :p

pilotoCS and crinoid like this.
  21. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    And, the single-use plastic bottle is easily recyclable into all sorts of other things from another bottle to the Patagonia fleece jacket I wear. The problem is they aren't disciplined enough to recycle the bottle rather than throw it into the sea. As for the cobalt, or cadmium or lithium or other highly toxic elements mined by children and smelted in third-world countries with no environmental regulations...well, those people don't post on Instagram, so it didn't happen.

SimCity3 likes this.
  22. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Fixed it for you. :D

And that trophy is embarrassing. It looks like a garbage sculpture.

I don't understand why they just don't do cups for everything.

23. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Too late: someone ate it.