GT 350 on track | Page 3 | FerrariChat

GT 350 on track

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by boxerman, Nov 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

Its always a problem when one turns a mass produced essentialy cheap car into something else. Not that ford egineerign is known for excellence to start with.
    I think the vette probably has lots of really excellent engineering, and then some areas they just didnt have the money for but are easier to work around.

That beign said, once your car is done, it will be interesting to hear how it "works" on track. Maybe youll be pleasantly surprised. Still theres no getting away from all that weight, and that will always be different to a c5 vette.

2. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Looking at dealers. There are literaly a few hundred GT350's on lots looking for sales. A few new 18's still sitting there as well.
    With the upgrades in 19 the getlta between a 19 350 and Gt350R's looks pretty narrow, especialy as delaers seem to be sitting on "loaded" R's.
    Even most of the Gt350's on lots have all the options including the leather comfort seats. Is that the way dealers order these? or are these the leftover ones because gt350 buyers dont want a load of crap on their cars.

Some 19's now advertised 4 k off sticker.

3. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Could be the cheapest listed 2019 in the country.

https://www.lewisfordofhays.com/new/Ford/2019-Ford-Mustang-03b259470a0e0a1727d8b7d6a3314828.htm?searchDepth=2:3

Have you sat in a Recaro-fitted GT350? Very narrow bolsters. That's why I sold my 2016 Track Pack car cause my fat ass wouldn't fit comfortably. Everyone got smart in 2018 and 2019 and started ordering the flatter bolster seats.

Most 2019's have at least $3k off prices now excluding the R's. There is a nice 3k mile 2018 black R in North Richland Texas at Five Star Ford over Thanksgiving. They were asking $64k. If it had different seats, I would be driving it.

4. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    That is a good price, too bad about the hey look at me red color and all those options.

When I price out one of these cars on the ford website it comes to 62K, take 5k off that and we're at 57K.

I would only consider the recaro seats because this car will go to the track enough days to make it important, and I do fit.

If I were not going to the track then the Bullet is a better road car, but then for me, if it were not for track ability I wouldnt get a mustang at all, the challengar is more and appealing pure road car for me.

Face76 likes this.
  5. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Sean, it depends what you value and what your available local driving experiences are. For me, the precision steering and "ready to romp" feeling of the GT350 trumps the amazing power of the Challenger/Charger Hellcat options (and yes, I've driven Hellcats). However, I can easily see that someone else valuing the ease of being able to smoke tires over amazing feel through a corner would favor the Hellcat twins. I've also driven several Bullets--I was left cold, as they felt numb. Bullets might be better for some, but not (I expect) for anyone who has significant track experience in responsive cars.

6. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Ever consider the new ZL1 1LE?

7. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    ZL1 1LE is a great idea if you can see out the windshield. Belt line is too high for some.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  8. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Yes even more performance than the stang, better resolved on track, but not really streetable other than just drive to the track.

I loved the previous gen z28

9. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.