Wanted - Looking for an F12 to replace my recently totaled F12 | FerrariChat

Wanted Looking for an F12 to replace my recently totaled F12

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Shamsta, Nov 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shamsta

Shamsta Rookie

Nov 25, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    It’s such a sad story... but looking to buy an F12 to replace my recently totaled 2014 F12. Who’s selling?
    Desired specs: Lift suspension, cameras, carbon sills and front diffuser, nearly all interior carbon options. Open to most colors. Keep mileage under 10k.
    Reply here or PM me.

2. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D
    Sorry to hear that, did insurance give you full value after putting miles etc? What happened?

3. Shamsta

Shamsta Rookie

Nov 25, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    Yes. Insurance was more than fair. They didn’t know how to price some aftermarket items so those were reduced significantly but they made up for it in the values of the car.

Autolove likes this.
  4. Bthesixthree

Bthesixthree Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 18, 2013
    CA
    Full Name:
    B
    Symbolic International in San Diego as a beautiful "Pozzi Blue" / Tan 2016 w/ 3,800 miles. $382k+ MSRP.

5. Kauai

Kauai Rookie

Apr 24, 2015
    Estero, FL
    I have a 2016, 1850 miles, Red with Cuio interior. Located in FL.

mike c 753 likes this.
  6. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D
    AT $382k you have 812 choices to make as well. Let us know what you decide.

tomc likes this.
  7. jlaws02

jlaws02 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2017
    south carolina
    i may be wrong but understood that to be the MSRP, not the current ask. the website doesn't list an asking price, but it sure is a good-looking car

LI2782 likes this.
  8. Shamsta

Shamsta Rookie

Nov 25, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    As miraculous as the 812 is, I'm going to stay with an F12 next. But thank you.

LI2782 likes this.
  9. Bthesixthree

Bthesixthree Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 18, 2013
    CA
    Full Name:
    B
    They'd sell the Pozzi car for $260k.

10. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have a pretty high ($421k + MSRP) 2015
    @ 9k miles

Canna di Fucile over cuoio

Size (L) CF racing seats
    CF driving zone w/CF steering wheel with LEDs
    Front lift
    CF front splitter
    Rare, CF headlight buckets
    2 new cats from a low-mile 2017 F12
    Passed Ferari requirements for extended warranty. I added an additional year, which is up soon (May, I believe), but can be extended
    Car is being picked up this Monday to go to Algar for its annual service. Also, I just got a set of Carbonio extended CF shift paddles for it, which will be installed while car is up there
    Still under factory maintenance until 2022
    High MSRP (412k that I know of)
    2 keys
    Non- smoker, no accident history
    PPF
    Car came with Scuderia shields, I just find them garish, so I bought a new set of fairings without shields; I still have the originals as well- car will likely just come with the originals.
    I do not have much in the way of service records, just the ones I got when I bought the car (records from FoFL) and then the ones from Algar. Car is still under factory warranty for a year.
    Car has the galvanic corrosion issue addressed last year by factory authorized Ferari body shop. Almost *every* F12 will need this expensive repair at some point. It was/is @ a 15k repair (at their cost, I was told. I have the receipts from FoFL) from an authorized Ferrari shop

There are lots of pics and info about the car in the F12 sub forum- just search my user name.

**Only going to sell if I can get an 812GTS allocation, which I'm pretty sure I can**

Mike

carguyjohn350, MC_SD and BOKE like this.
  11. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I dunno what's higher, the asking price on that car or whoever asked it? :eek:

:D

Caphill and Shamsta like this.
  12. Shamsta

Shamsta Rookie

Nov 25, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    Thanks for the info Mike. She sounds like a stunner. I'm doing an inspection on a vehicle out of state on Monday which I'm not expecting any surprises so I think I have found the perfect F12 and will share photos once the deal is wrapped up. One of, if not the best spec'd one I've seen around. Can you send us some photos of yours?

13. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff

Pictures please.

14. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
  15. V-ferrari

V-ferrari Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 8, 2018
    Paradise valley Az
    Full Name:
    Vincent Q
  16. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    responded

17. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Mike
    That’s why I love this place. I remember your search and how meticulous you were about that car. Color is stunning.
    You are correct of course about the galvanizing issue. Mine was sent to the same place under warranty and both sides done. Almost inevitable. Best to have it done at Ferrari under warranty.

Allocation shouldn’t be a problem since you are a prior v12 owner in Ferrari’s eyes. If Algar plays games call me.

I love this place because of the cycle of ownership. Search, find buy. Make perfect for oneself. Sell to next steward and move on. Some buy new some second owner some fifth.

ScottS

sampelligrino likes this.
  18. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
  19. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #20 Adamas, Dec 21, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    Thanks Scott- I appreciate it. I see you have another new ride or two since last we spoke- hope you're enjoying the Lusso. I'm now torn between another 991 TurboS and an FF ...
    It's doubtful my car will sell at my ask, and I'm ok with that. One of the benefits of not being too terribly high on the Ferrari totem pole is that my GTS allocation will *not* be one of the earlier allocations, and if it's late enough in the cycle, I'll be able to order GTS and just keep the F12. If Algar won't give me an allocation, I have a close friend who has already been qualified for one, but doesn't want it- he's already offered to order to my spec for me. I told him Ferrari would black list him from buying new if he did that, but he doesn't care.

Regards

Mike

20. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike

Thanks Sam