F8 Tributo VS | Page 13 | FerrariChat

F8 Tributo VS

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Jun 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I totally agree. Everyone going into a Pista did so with their eyes wide open. Plus, don’t we really want cars to improve and get better with each generation? A big part of the excitement is the drama surrounding what comes next. Frankly, for the money that could be made on a F8 VS, I would be astonished if Ferrari did not produce one. Ferrari seems to be vigorously pursuing revenue, and who could blame them for doing so....

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I don't think this is the point. Some things go beyond the simple making of money or taking opportunity to do so. There is such thing as honesty and integrity and following through with what is stated to customers at time of sale (or order) with regards to the models they produce. Shifting the goal posts after deals are done is not good business - especially at these dollars and, high rates of depreciation. Buyers should feel comfortable knowing exactly where they stand once they commit to parting with the hard earned.

PTG1 and Gh21631 like this.
  3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I just did a test drive of the f8. It was great btw. Fantastic car. Lots of power, nimble, agile. In the ride my rep told me my Pista should be here either tomorrow or Saturday. It should be in my hands Monday or Tuesday after the PDI.

I can tell you the last thing on my mind is how the car is dated and I’m ready to get the f8vs. If there is one, it’s likley 2 years away. There hasn’t been a single F8 delivery and people (non Pista owners) are freaking out about it.

If the vs comes, in two years if that’s the car I want I’ll get it. Right now- I’m not wasting my time thinking of vapor ware.

Caeruleus11, Dicecal and Thecadster like this.
  4. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I can’t argue with your points. I certainly see all sides. Time will tell whether the moving of the goal posts propels the brand forward or backwards. It’s clear that it’s a brave new Ferrari world. I’m just a little guy, and I arrived late to the party having only one new Ferrari purchase, my beloved 812. Had I a much deeper relationship, I would like feel more strongly than I do about their pivot towards the people that don’t currently own Ferrari’s and away from those that do.

SoCal to az likes this.
  5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Let me add that going against their word will be short sighted and they will likely lose the allegiance of many who have invested in their products. In a market with lots of competition this would not be in their best interest. Ferrari is looking to grow rev and earnings but I doubt they lack basic business sense and will not alienate their loyal base. This is a long term play after all.

6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    P.S. I hope you are spending some time at Royal Melbourne.

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.
  7. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    He is in another State. Its in Victoria , actually 3 kms from me. I HATE GOLF and im surrounded by 15 golf courses in a 10 km radius !

of2worlds likes this.
  8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Too bad for you.

9. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Would love to hear from you on the comparison between the F8 and Pista when u get to drive yours. I also test drive the F8 and waiting on my Pista which I don’t expect to get until March or April. I saw the straight line acceleration of F8 and was impressed but I suspect Pista is a whole different animal. Sort of like 458 was to the Speciale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of2worlds and SoCal to az like this.
  10. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    #310 jim g, Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    I don't understand why Pista or 488 owners would be pissed about the F8 everyone new the 488 was due for an update in 2020. The F8 cycle would be the only change from the norm if they only do a 2-3 year run, F8 buyers are taking that gamble. If anything Pista owners should be happy the F8 didn't eclipse the Pista's performance which is usually the case with a new model.

of2worlds and Thecadster like this.
  11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Who is pissed off? I dont think anyone cares. F8 VS is another story but it is what it is.

12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    This narrative is fake news. Pista owners pissed because there may be a VS model. Hasn't been announced. No confirmation. But yes, Pista owners are pissed. And yet not a single Pista owner here has claimed any anger whatsoever.

I can tell you I could care less about a VS - Im just looking forward to getting my car.

of2worlds, MarkTodd and Gh21631 like this.
  13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Will do for sure. The F8 was quick. It pulled like the 720 and performance was similar. It was very planted on the road and nimble and quick. Faster than the 488, more agile and quicker but it wasn't a massive difference over the 488. Definitely an improvement in performance but not exponentially better. The spec they had (silver with tan Alcantara) wasn't my favorite but its a stylish car. I would definitely add one to the garage if it made sense. But obviously I have no use for it as its redundant with my other cars.

F8 is definitely a winner but it was "soft" - I think purposely so. After driving it, Im even more excited to get behind the wheel of my Pista. Just super excited. I would highly encourage anyone to get behind the wheel of the F8 and try it for themselves.

Oh and the car sounded fine to me. But Im not a sound nazi and while its important, its not the ultimate test for me for a car.

stavura, Thecadster, Need4Spd and 2 others like this.
  14. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    #314 jim g, Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    There's always a next VS model the only thing that would be odd is if there wasn't a VS model of the F8. The only reason to not do one would be bc they are discontinuing it for a V6 hybrid in 2 years. Let me tell you no one has a crystal ball what Ferrari will do. Pista owners are pissed it's written about daily read through a few pages. If Ferrari leaves money on the table by not doing an F8 VS I'd be shocked. BTW I wasn't pissed when Ferrari came out with the 430 Scud when I had a 360 CS I expected it. Anybody with a Pista enjoy the hell out of it but there's always going to be another special model.

Fake news this is from BuddyG's thread
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    MANDALAYFormula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    #230Yesterday at 10:37 PM

Anyone who doesn’t own a Pista seems absolutely giddy at the prospect of an F8 VS. it’s as if they are hoping Pista owners get screwed. Lol
    In my case that's just not true. I am very happy for the Pista owners. I dare say im pissed at Ferrari for the F8 . Should have been a F8 VS with limited number after the PISTA.
    I new from day one whether I could get a Pista or not i just didn't want it. That's my case : No carbon , and this car with no carbon is stupid.
    And I will have the same reaction if there is a F8 VS either with carbon or livery , its a NO

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  15. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Just wait until you drive your Pista, once you properly break it in, its a tremendous difference from the (excellent) F8.

16. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Well I went to see the SF90 today won’t comment on it here but asked about the F8 VS and dealer said yes and don’t be surprised the 4.0 litre
    And also spider
    As far as I can say it’s a 99.9% going to happen
    The F8 3 years
    Demo car about same time as first delivery April
    2020 2021 sold out and so far only 2 cars trading in
    488 volumes are going down over 50% are 2016 models and price stabilised

17. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    2020? Isn't it 2022 ?

18. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Nobody works on the F8 VS, it will be not produced !
    Next is F 171 aka little brother

19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    And there you have it.

MarkTodd likes this.
  20. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Thank you !
    Any info to share on F167?

jpalmito likes this.
  21. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Not yet !

of2worlds, jpalmito and C50 like this.
  22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Your info has been good in the past from
    What I can recall. How confident are you about the f8vs? Or lack thereof?

MANDALAY and Thecadster like this.
  23. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    What’s a “VS”?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Manda racing likes this.
  24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Version Special ( Series Speciale ) eg 360 CS,430 Scuderia,458 Speciale,488 Pista.F8...?

Not a numbered limited edition

Manda racing and Caeruleus11 like this.
  25. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Agree not numbered but time dependant

If there is a VS it won’t have the numbers like the Pista

I am sceptical but I was told there is but then again they could be wrong

But as a public company he’ll why not as it will create more sales just in case the V6 has delays